• The KillerFrogs

Waco Tribune-Herald: Bears hope to end on positive note against powerful TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Bears hope to end on positive note against powerful TCU

By JOHN WERNER jwerner@wacotrib.com

For the first time in eight seasons, Baylor won’t go into the final game of the regular season debating which bowl it will reach.

Nobody is pleased with the Bears’ 1-10 debut season under Matt Rhule, and that starts with the head coach himself. But he has liked the way his team has continued to fight as the losses have stacked up and the character the Bears have shown throughout a difficult season as they prepare for Friday’s 11 a.m. kickoff against No. 10 TCU in Fort Worth.

“You might not believe it, but it’s been a good experience for me,” Rhule said. “Certainly I hate to lose, and so that part is bothersome to me, but I think I’ve enjoyed the interactions and relationships I’ve built with the players. I’ve enjoyed the way the team has come together. I’ve enjoyed the way that they’ve continued to fight week in and week out. I’ve seen the progress that they’re making to get better. I don’t think there’s a guy in that building that doesn’t feel like we’re setting the stage to become a really good football team.”

Read more at http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bayl...cle_e80f06ca-cf63-54fa-bae3-cc198d7b6685.html

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
quote: “You might not believe it, but it’s been a good experience for me,” Rhule said. “Certainly I hate to lose, and so that part is bothersome to me, but I think I’ve enjoyed the interactions and relationships I’ve built with the players. I’ve enjoyed the way the team has come together. I’ve enjoyed the way that they’ve continued to fight week in and week out. I’ve seen the progress that they’re making to get better. I don’t think there’s a guy in that building that doesn’t feel like we’re setting the stage to become a really good football team.”

You are right. I don't believe this for a second. Rhule is already the king of morale victories. I look forward to Baylor's doormat status continuing for at least a decade..

Latest posts