• The KillerFrogs

UVA fan here

DAMHoo

Well guys I'm pretty sure I can speak for most UVa fans when I say the committee screwed us both. First we should be hosting, and second y'all deserve better. The committee this year evidently is staffed by idiots. And those idiots hate us both apparently. We respect your program immensely and it is unfortunate we are paired in the same regional. I felt sure we would be in Ky since I think it is the weakest host. Oh well it is what it is so let's play the games.

Ron Swanson

Ditto

JetersNephew_wg1w34d6.gif

westtexfrog

Well guys I'm pretty sure I can speak for most UVa fans when I say the committee screwed us both. First we should be hosting, and second y'all deserve better. The committee this year evidently is staffed by idiots. And those idiots hate us both apparently. We respect your program immensely and it is unfortunate we are paired in the same regional. I felt sure we would be in Ky since I think it is the weakest host. Oh well it is what it is so let's play the games.
I appreciate your kind words and the feeling is mutual. Honestly I would have much rather waited until Omaha to see Pavin Smith play. Good luck and let's play ball.

TCUdirtbag

Truly terrible bracket. I think what really hurt us is that there are so many 2-seeds from the Big 12, and they were clearly trying to not pair regionals where there could be a 1 seed and 2 seed big 12 team facing off in a super.

Regardless, UVA should be hosting. And if not hosting should be at one of the last non-national seed hosts (in this case Houston). But it's bizarro land this year. Sorry for the role our own AD played in that.

Tons of respect for your team, program and head coach. May the best team win.

Spike

Welcome aboard. I'm not going to complain as we have had some pretty cake regionals over the years. Happy to be an top 8 seed as this year has seen some frustrations in places. I have nothing but respect for your baseball team and the feedback on your fanbase has been nothing but awesome after 2 meetings in football the last 10 years.

If you are making the trip this website can be a wealth of information for hotels, restaurants, attractions when there is no baseball, etc.

Last edited:

DAMHoo

Truly terrible bracket. I think what really hurt us is that there are so many 2-seeds from the Big 12, and they were clearly trying to not pair regionals where there could be a 1 seed and 2 seed big 12 team facing off in a super.

Regardless, UVA should be hosting. And if not hosting should be at one of the last non-national seed hosts (in this case Houston). But it's bizarro land this year. Sorry for the role our own AD played in that.

Tons of respect for your team, program and head coach. May the best team win.
And we have tons of respect for TCU baseball. I think VIrginia Tech's AD screwed us as well as Maryland's AD

DAMHoo

Welcome aboard. I'm not going to complain as we have had some pretty cake regionals over the years. Have to be an top 8 seed as this year has seen some frustrations in places. I have nothing but respect for your baseball team and the feedback on your fanbase has been nothing but awesome after 2 meetings in football the last 10 years.

If you are making the trip this website can be a wealth of information for hotels, restaurants, attractions when there is no baseball, etc.
Oh I wish I could make the trip. But heck I had already booked rooms in Charlottesville expecting to host. At the very least Drive to Kentucky. But not not enough time off to head down yalls way

Moose Stuff

Just my opinion

2 very legit weekend starters in Lewis and Hjelle, one of the best closers in the county in Logan Salow, 2 freshmen in the bullpen touching 97 in Thompson and Machemer, a very veteran lineup including a likely first round pick in Evan White and another top 5 round pick in Riley Mahan........ oh and none of those guys listed above is their best player. That honor goes to soph RF Tristen Pompey.