• The KillerFrogs

UT upsets #4 USC

HeidelFrog

Best I have seen UT play in years. Yet, they still lost the football game. Shows just how bad that football program has become. Hope this is the start of them turning it around...

Purp

He showed me something for a freshman in his first start in a huge atmosphere like that.

I think he'll be good. He seems like a gamer
I had a similar thought. He's got a Bakefield quality to him that pulls unconventional boat out of his hat and gets a good result when a play breaks down. He also doesn't shy away from hard contact like Bakefield and plays break down often for him. Hopefully he's not as narcissistic.

I agree with the assessment that these aren't top shelf teams too. UT stole momentum with a pick 6 to tie it at 7 in the last minute before half and then pissed it away to take a 14-7 deficit into the break. Then late in the game, Ehlinger got the ball stripped on the goal line when it looked like a sure TD to finish that drive.

Texas could easily have won by 14 in regulation and, as has been pointed out, they had no offense outside of deep balls to Collin Johnson that weren't particularly well thrown all the time. That kid looked like Josh Doctson making chicken salad out of chicken [ Finebaum ]. Very impressive WR, IMO.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Best I have seen UT play in years. Yet, they still lost the football game. Shows just how bad that football program has become. Hope this is the start of them turning it around...
How is a loss a start to anything? USC beat Stanford last week who lost to San Diego State this week. You just witnessed an over ranked team beat a perennially sub par team. TCU owns Texas Big12 Football. The Whorens can fight it out with Baylor and TT for 2nd place in the Big12 and fight it out with Tex a&m, TT, Baylor, Houston, SMU and Texas San Antonio for 2nd place in the Texas State Beauty Pageant.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Sounds like tommy Herman is going with Shane if he is healthy.

So choosing the guy who lost to Maryland at home over the guy who took USC to OT on the road. Nice.

You didn't mention his true "genius", subbing in Heard to run the option and gain virtually nothing every few series. What the hell was he thinking there? Herman has had many quotes in the past year about how your QB has to the a decisive team leader, yet he does all this crap and lets his QBs twist in the wind about who's in charge.

But UT has the best locker room, so they are #1!!!!!!!!

HeidelFrog

How is a loss a start to anything? USC beat Stanford last week who lost to San Diego State this week. You just witnessed an over ranked team beat a perennially sub par team. TCU owns Texas Big12 Football. The Whorens can fight it out with Baylor and TT for 2nd place in the Big12 and fight it out with Tex a&m, TT, Baylor, Houston, SMU and Texas San Antonio for 2nd place in the Texas State Beauty Pageant.
Because that was the best effort and ball game I have seen them play in years. They haven't won much in recent years. So, hopefully they can start to turn their program around with the continued effort and play they exhibited today. A good UT is good for TCU...

FROG PARENTS 1961

Because that was the best effort and ball game I have seen them play in years. They haven't won much in recent years. So, hopefully they can start to turn their program around with the continued effort and play they exhibited today. A good UT is good for TCU...
Rather see a 52-6 TCU win over the Austin ,Texas team

HeidelFrog

Rather see a 52-6 TCU win over the Austin ,Texas team
Agree, I would love that too. But would be better if it was against a UT team that won their out of conference games against PAC 12 schools and the conference games against the bottom of the Big 12 schools.. Media loves UT, they will hype them up and rank them with any chance they get. A TCU 52-6 win against a top #25 UT team would be nice..

dawg

You didn't mention his true "genius", subbing in Heard to run the option and gain virtually nothing every few series. What the hell was he thinking there? Herman has had many quotes in the past year about how your QB has to the a decisive team leader, yet he does all this crap and lets his QBs twist in the wind about who's in charge.

But UT has the best locker room, so they are #1!!!!!!!!

I wondered about this as well. Because I'm not Mensa like Tommy Boy, I can't understand. It seemed like Tommy Boy would send in Heard right after Sam had a nice completion or made a couple of nice plays. You think he'd want his quarterback to get in the rhythm and gain confidence. But I don't know why I'm even trying to understand his clearly otherworldly level of thinking.

French Frog

I wondered about this as well. Because I'm not Mensa like Tommy Boy, I can't understand. It seemed like Tommy Boy would send in Heard right after Sam had a nice completion or made a couple of nice plays. You think he'd want his quarterback to get in the rhythm and gain confidence. But I don't know why I'm even trying to understand his clearly otherworldly level of thinking.
Herman is a dude who kisses his players! I find that to be just a little weird.

dawg

Or is USC overrated?

I'm thinking this. Everyone fawned over how they hammered Stanford (must admit I was impressed, too), but then maybe Stanford isn't good this year. Unless the Texas defense went from Swiss cheese to steel curtain in two weeks, USC looked very average until the last 0:45.

Polls shouldn't be issued until week 6 (but that's a rant for another thread).