• The KillerFrogs

UT upsets #4 USC

W

Way of the Frog

Think the Whorns finally found a QB tonight though.

Kid can play, got away with a few bad decisions, but the tough thing is that he took a beating.

In that offense they will pound him into the ground and if Williams is out for a long period of time they could get rough.

TX_Krötenechse

Kid can play, got away with a few bad decisions, but the tough thing is that he took a beating.

In that offense they will pound him into the ground and if Williams is out for a long period of time they could get rough.
The hit he took on the close first down keeper looked awful. He turned around and took a shot right in his lower back ... he won't last the season if he keeps doing that

Texas was supposed to have a strong run game this season, but their leading rusher only got 15 yards, and 19 of their 35 attempts were Ehrlinger. Was USC's rush defense that good, or is Texas's run game that bad?

W

Way of the Frog

The shot in the back on third down was big and I agree with you that turning your back like that is going to start piling up over the season.

Much of their rushing yardage tonight came of scrambles.

H-Town Frog

Two mediocre teams that the press (TV, print and internet) want to be good because of their history and more importantly their huge fan bases. This wasn't a well played game. It was exciting, sure, double overtime, but I've already seen the "we're back" posts by ut fans because they took the "#4" team in the country to double overtime.

Mean Purple

Ok. I feel for McFroggin on this one. But good gosh.

I did not see this thread till way after the game. OP was enough to get me laughing to tears. Then I kept reading. I'm laughing so hard my side hurts. oh, lawd. make it stop. make it stop. good gos h.

By the time I got to the tech bar vid, I could barely breath. pin the thread. pin the thread. omg. can't stop laughing.

Mean Purple

dewey-defeats-truman.jpeg
This This! omg.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Cue Whorns fans claiming moral victory. Tom the Herman's offense scored one TD in regulation. UT's Collin Johnson was their sole weapon. Last year when UT beat ND, everyone thought they were back. UT's defensive strength (great D-line) can be mitigated with quick throws and a hurry up offense - which 3 of the top 4 Big 12 teams regularly use. They probably lose to all four this year.

Last edited:

MinFrog

Sounds like tommy Herman is going with Shane if he is healthy.

So choosing the guy who lost to Maryland at home over the guy who took USC to OT on the road. Nice.