• The KillerFrogs

Tulsa World: Gary Patterson’s mission – to stifle Baker Mayfield and ruin OU’s season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Tulsa World: Gary Patterson’s mission – to stifle Baker Mayfield and ruin OU’s season

By Bill Haisten Tulsa World

TCU’s football story is a testament to the importance of competence and continuity.

In 2001-17, as the Horned Frogs had only one head coach (Gary Patterson), Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor had a total of 15 head coaches.

In 2001-17, while Patterson has driven the Horned Frogs to 157 victories, Texas — with considerably greater tradition and resources — has recorded 151 wins. Texas A&M has 121 wins during that period.

On a football field, the 57-year-old Patterson can be a hot-headed freight train. During practice, when his quarterback fails to execute, this is a typical Patterson reaction: “My mom can run the zone read, I promise you!”

Read more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_fe8899fb-a145-51ef-8bb8-af0efc5e74f3.html

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Putting your phone number on the articles you write is a strategy I have not seen before.

Sports Columnist Bill Haisten
Bill joined the Tulsa World in 1990. Prior to having become a sports columnist in 2016, he was the only sports writer in Tulsa World history to have covered OU, OSU, the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts sports on an everyday basis. Phone: 918-581-8397

Frog DJ

Putting your phone number on the articles you write is a strategy I have not seen before.

Sports Columnist Bill Haisten
Bill joined the Tulsa World in 1990. Prior to having become a sports columnist in 2016, he was the only sports writer in Tulsa World history to have covered OU, OSU, the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts sports on an everyday basis. Phone: 918-581-8397
Good luck getting him to answer the phone.

It's most likely a voicemail box that an intern monitors.

Go Frogs!

W

Way of the Frog

th

Tulsa World Sports Desk, please hold.

th

I want to talk to that nice young man, Barry Trammel and give my take on Baker and the Sooners.