• The KillerFrogs

Tucson paper finds TAMU logic lacking

Wexahu

"There are scads of football programs better than the Texas A&M Aggies. We’re not talking Hook ’em Horns here, not even TCU.

In the 10 seasons before Sumlin was hired at A&M, the Aggies went 64-60. I mean, Cal went 79-48 in the same period."

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...cle_da33bfdf-1e72-5500-aab1-e6c364cece6d.html

Edit: "Tucson" d'oh!

This part seems to be backwards. Should say, "we're not talking TCU here, not even Hook 'em Horns." They gave us a backhanded compliment at best.

tcudoc

The list of programs better than A&M is long. However, sadly, the list is currently not available...because it was eaten.
eatinglist.gif

Eight

This part seems to be backwards. Should say, "we're not talking TCU here, not even Hook 'em Horns." They gave us a backhanded compliment at best.

scheiss texas, the british empire of college football programs yes they have a [ Finebaum ]load of top 25 finishes from back in the day but lets compare recent history such as the past 10 years quick quiz tuscon paper....which program in texas has been in the top 25 7 of the last 10 years and finished in the top 10 6 of those 7 and which hasn't finished being ranked in the last 5 seasons? which team is 5-1 over the last 6 years against its in state foe

answer, the best athletic department in texas when it comes to freaking winning....TCU

Aggie-ism is simply the by-product of an ill-conceived myth. A depository where cheaply contrived traditions seem

to flourish ad nauseam.

LVH

There are programs where I believe no coach can win at these days because the boosters/administration/culture prevents success.

A&M is one of those schools. Texas has become one. Michigan is one.

I believe this is why so many programs are looking for a Nick Saban. A coach who can put the admin, boosters in their place.

Bob

“We just got our oars in the water a little sooner than ASU and UCLA did,” Bill Byrne said Tuesday from College Station, Texas, where he is now retired."

Who in their right mind RETIRES to College Station?
WelcometoCollegeStation.JPG

PICS OF COLLEGE STATION AND SISTER CITIES - Believe I'll pass on retiring at any of them:

COLLEGE STATION
am-corps.jpg

GERMANY
1*pw54Ne5tdLPhXHOua3X9KA.jpeg

KAZAK RUSSIA
F200708131602161283223934.jpg

ZUAZUA
Pelon-Fantasy-realizo-municipio-Zuazua_MILIMA20160503_0382_11.jpg

Limp Lizard

That football player with the baton is unnerving to say the least. Beyond Brilesbag -ness.

I do admit that we would be unhappy with all the great recruiting classes and those results. Yet they still get the great talent to be sucked into their black hole with the Longhorn talent.

Realtorfrog

There are programs where I believe no coach can win at these days because the boosters/administration/culture prevents success.

A&M is one of those schools. Texas has become one. Michigan is one.

I believe this is why so many programs are looking for a Nick Saban. A coach who can put the admin, boosters in their place.

Buddy buddy I’m your best friend coaches are plentiful and easily influenced which is the new norm. Takes a hard (Engle) to be a successful coach and motivator for many years.

Frog-in-law1995

Never been to Kazan, but I’ve been that far east in Russia (just south of Kazan, in Samara), so relatively close. Was there in January 93, just a couple of years post-perestroika. People were awesome. Most everything was still pretty run down, but I enjoyed it. Would definitely go back, at least to Moscow (but in better weather). And the ladies were like the architecture, either absolutely stunning or kinda scary, with very little inbetween.

edit: damn, that was 25 years ago. A quarter-century.

Last edited: