• The KillerFrogs

Traveling/Driving to Norman

Frog-in-law1995

Thought about the bus, but living in Keller it would add 2-3 hours to my trip. If y’all could pickup/dropoff at Cabelas I’d be all over it.

Actually, I’m lying. I’m stopping at Dieter Bros for a late lunch.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Just made the journey back up here from downtown FTW. Inexplicably they have the northbound side of I-35 coned down to one lane for a while north of Winstar and ending just prior to the Marietta exit (15). Wasn't much of an issue tonight but could see it become one at a busier time (complicated by the truck weigh station that sits in the middle of that lane closure). And, no...there does not appear to be anything actually going on to warrant a lane closure. Hopefully that's taken down before Friday/Saturday.

Pharm Frog

Best food places in Norman? Plan on getting there by lunch time on saturday.

Norman is not among my top 50 towns in Oklahoma for restaurants and that's saying something because I think there's only about 54 towns up here. I like Joe's Pizza in Purcell. If you go, make sure to get the salad and Pa's Garlic dressing (and this is the one and only time you will ever find me advocating for salad). Correction - I also like the Three Forks salad.

Otherwise I might try The Mont or O'Connell's but Norman is not a culinary destination IMO.