• The KillerFrogs

Too early for 2018 W-L predictions? Of course not.

FrogLifeYo

I think you have to put us in the “worse” category based on the OL losses and a new, unproven QB (yes, 80 yards passing vs. Tech doesn’t make S-Rob a “proven” QB).
We could go either way...If Im not mistaken we're returning 7-8 starters off of the number 1 ranked defense in the conference, 8 out of a 10 WR rotation, Top 2 RBs, and 2 offensive lineman. Yup breaking in a new QB is huge but I think we have enough weapons returning to offset a QB change. Cumbie asked KH to manage a pretty conservative offense last year and he'll ask the same of SR...He doesn't have to be Baker for us to contend.

TCUownstheBig12

We could go either way...If Im not mistaken we're returning 7-8 starters off of the number 1 ranked defense in the conference, 8 out of a 10 WR rotation, Top 2 RBs, and 2 offensive lineman. Yup breaking in a new QB is huge but I think we have enough weapons returning to offset a QB change. Cumbie asked KH to manage a pretty conservative offense last year and he'll ask the same of SR...He doesn't have to be Baker for us to contend.

I like the optimism! I’m hoping you’re right!

I also think on D, it’s not the number of losses...but WHO they are. Texada, Boesen, Orr, and Howard will be BIG holes to fill.

StinnettFrog

I think Robinson puts up big points for us, big worry is turnovers from him. Defense will be very good to great. I see no worse than 9 wins up to 13 wins if things fall right.

Purp

Why do people consistently seem to think WVU will own us next year? Grier will make them good on O, but I think their D loses quite a bit and I think our D can contain Grier even better after having already faced him once.

StinnettFrog

Why do people consistently seem to think WVU will own us next year? Grier will make them good on O, but I think their D loses quite a bit and I think our D can contain Grier even better after having already faced him once.
We blew a couple of coverages that gave them 2 touchdowns. Are they very good, yes. Can our defense at least slow them down, definitely yes.

MinFrog

I think you have to put us in the “worse” category based on the OL losses and a new, unproven QB (yes, 80 yards passing vs. Tech doesn’t make S-Rob a “proven” QB).
I don’t think Hill was that big of an asset. I don’t ever feel he won us games, but he never really lost any (except maybe ISU this year).

If SR can win a game or two I think we upgraded our QB position.

I think we will be at least the same at RB and WR with the chance to be better.

And our defense should be better, especially with Ben back.

TCUownstheBig12

I don’t think Hill was that big of an asset. I don’t ever feel he won us games, but he never really lost any (except maybe ISU this year).

I agree/feel good on all (I’m a big believer in Shawn)...but I have my doubts on D. We have a ton of starters back but the ones that we lose are big (Howard, Texada, Boesen, Orr). I think we will be better at WR.

ifrog

If I recall, Hill caught a pass for a touchdown, rushed for a touchdown and passed for a touchdown twice this season. You may need to look up the definition of winning again because you obviously don’t understand the concept.

Robinson hasn’t showed us anything except for having a string arm. I feel for the guy already because you guys are going to eat him up when you realize he isn’t perfect

If I recall, Hill caught a pass for a touchdown, rushed for a touchdown and passed for a touchdown twice this season. You may need to look up the definition of winning again because you obviously don’t understand the concept.

Robinson hasn’t showed us anything except for having a string arm. I feel for the guy already because you guys are going to eat him up when you realize he isn’t perfect
If he had a string arm, I would be very concerned. But, he doesn't. QB play will be better next season.

FrogLifeYo

Curious ifrog....I know your a big Hill supporter. I can appreciate that. How successful does SR have to be in his first season as a college QB for you to consider that maybe Hill, in the end, was just a slightly above avg college QB? Perhaps there no correlation but I am curious if you've given it any thought. I meen SR will essentially have the same weapons at his disposal.

Last edited:

ifrog

Curious ifrog....I know your a big Hill supporter. I can appreciate that. How successful does SR have to be in his first season as a college QB for you to consider that maybe Hill, in the end, was just a slightly above avg college QB? Perhaps there no correlation but I am curious if you've given it any thought. I meen SR will essentially have the same weapons at his disposal.

That’s a good question. We will be loaded at WR next year and we could have one of the best running back tandems in the B12. That will definitely help SR. I will support Robinson if he only wins 5 games. He’s a student athlete that deserves our support.

Hill didn’t have the weapons that SR will have at his disposal next year but he also won’t have the OL. I’ll be happy with 8 wins and ecstatic with 10. Either way I’ll be supporting SR. His ceiling is higher than Hill.

My reply was to another hater who he claimed that Hill didn’t win one game last year. That’s [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] and I’ll call that out every time. SR will be better than Hill if he plays to his potential. But a stronger arm doesn’t lead to accuracy. Let’s see how it plays out .

Last edited:

Wexahu

That’s a good question. We will be loaded at WR next year and we could have one of the best running back tandems in the B12. That will definitely help SR. I will support Robinson if he only wins 5 games. He’s a student athlete that deserves our support.

Hill didn’t have the weapons that SR will have at his disposal next year but he also won’t have the OL. I’ll be happy with 8 wins and ecstatic with 10. Either way I’ll be supporting SR. His ceiling is higher than Hill.

My reply was to another hater who he claimed that Hill didn’t win one game last year. That’s [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] and I’ll call that out every time. SR will be better than Hill if he plays to his potential. But a stronger arm doesn’t lead to accuracy. Let’s see how it plays out .

Loaded at WR? So losing Diarse, White, and Slanina and adding Manning, Hunt and a few other guys who haven’t caught a pass in college means going from not very good (your opinion) to “loaded”? Well, ok. I hope you’re right, but it sure seems like you’re not giving guys any time at all to adjust to the game and get their feet wet.

Chico Dusty

Loaded at WR? So losing Diarse, White, and Slanina and adding Manning, Hunt and a few other guys who haven’t caught a pass in college means going from not very good (your opinion) to “loaded”? Well, ok. I hope you’re right, but it sure seems like you’re not giving guys any time at all to adjust to the game and get their feet wet.

(For the sake of your comment) Manning fills in for Diarse, Hunt for White, and Slanina was a non factor this past year, so can’t really use him in your argument as a troubling loss. We’ll be more than fine at receiver. Some of these higher recruit guys have a better chance to make an impact off the jump - re Hunter. Manning will over a year in the system, and we already know Reagor is a beast.