• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Pricing

Js96

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I'm wondering why all tickets are priced the same for for all seats for the football games. It doesn't look like the game will sale out this weekend. I have friends that would go, but aren't going to pay $75 for a seat in corner of upper deck. I know they can get cheaper seats on stub hub, but I think we could get more people to games if those seats were cheaper through ticket office.

BABYFACE

They are not all priced the same. The cheap seats are the ones that are left and those are mainly returns from Kansas. Big 12 requires each school to hold an allotment for visiting conference teams. TCU has moved past the era of discounting tickets because they have some remaining for a FB game.

Sebastian S

I have never purchased tickets from the tcu ticket office outside of my season pass tickets but $75 for the upper deck? Those would never sell.

If you just give it a little more effort you can buy a lot cheaper tickets.

Sebastian S

They are not all priced the same. The cheap seats are the ones that are left and those are mainly returns from Kansas. Big 12 requires each school to hold an allotment for visiting conference teams. TCU has moved past the era of discounting tickets because they have some remaining for a FB game.

Just looked, they are all $75, not just the away section.

Where did you look to see different prices for different sections?

For the Baylor game they are all $95

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Hell, at Jackson State I was quoted $55, all seats same price. They're holding the line pretty tight this year on this.

TCU2002

Yes, I definitely believe that single game ticket prices are bandwagon killers. The unaffiliated fan who gets caught up in early season success and wants to engage will be repelled by an absurdly high single game ticket price.

The game is set up to benefit those willing to buy season tickets from the jump. Seems short sighted to me, in terms of being able to add folks to that group by getting them in the door for a single game first.

I love college football, especially in person, but going to games now feels like a total ripoff.

Sebastian S

It's Kansas buy in StubHub. Never buy from tcu, always a ripoff
Which was the whole point of the thread.

No one is buying $75 tickets and flipping them on stubhub for $25.

The ones on stub hub are most likely season pass tickets, they make their profit off big games and sell the less desired ones for cheap.

There are actually more empty seats than what the TCU ticket office is showing.

Can TCU do anything to lower these prices?

Js96

It's Kansas buy in StubHub. Never buy from tcu, always a ripoff
I have season tickets, but I started the post because I think TCU could get more fans in the stands if every ticket wasn't $75. For most seats, $75 is a fair price, but they could offer a cheaper option in the upper deck.

YA

All tickets by Friday should sell for $30 or less. If this game doesn't sell out, I blame TCU.

There is no reason except for CDC saying we don't want to piss off people who bought tickets at full price being upset that tickets were sold for less than full price BS. Look up my account CDC, I for one don't mind and I will have folks in all of my seats!!!! Get it done so we don't look like crap on national TV and used against us if we are lucky to finish high in the polls.

Dogfrog

Did we sell out our season tickets this year? I don’t think so. TCU wants to promote and protect season ticket sales apparently. If you want to pay less per ticket buy a season ticket.

Big Frog II

Texas tickets were I think $105.00 Kansas tickets should have been $50. This is the year we have less demand for seats. Next year, they become harder to get again because of OU, Texas Tech, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State.

BABYFACE

Just looked, they are all $75, not just the away section.

Where did you look to see different prices for different sections?

For the Baylor game they are all $95

My bad. I figured that only the cheap seats are the only ones left. My point was different sections(club, arm chair, bench back, and bench) have different price points. I figured bench was the only thing available since all premium seating is usually sold out thru season tickets. I haven’t looked.

A better reply would be CDC doesn’t do fire sales anymore for a FB game anymore. The closest thing he does is offer seats in the student section for purchase when they students are off for Thanksgiving break.

ReedFrawg

All tickets by Friday should sell for $30 or less. If this game doesn't sell out, I blame TCU.

There is no reason except for CDC saying we don't want to piss off people who bought tickets at full price being upset that tickets were sold for less than full price BS. Look up my account CDC, I for one don't mind and I will have folks in all of my seats!!!! Get it done so we don't look like crap on national TV and used against us if we are lucky to finish high in the polls.
Agreed. Had season tickets for 20 years. Just get people there.

BoydAveFrogFan

All seats are the same price regardless of where they are located. This year the tickets don't even show the dollar value on them.

however it is the above and beyond the ticket cost in the for of required donation for seats that bring in true cost.

seats in end zone, east side 230,231,238,239 and others don't have donations tacked on to cost.