• The KillerFrogs

This stat tells a different story than the gurus on my TV

Purp

Took me a second read to get this, but I get where you're heading. I would have put it as:

Great Defense vs. Great Offense; Average Offense vs. Bad Defense

But the concept still holds true. To use your analogy, I would much rather be in the Average/Great camp than Great/Bad. We've been there before, and it's no fun.
We're also better on special teams.

cdsfrog

Top 20 in the country is average?

27th in scoring. Above average but not great no. When your offense produces zero in any game you cant be great. First 7 games really good, 8th literally as bad you could ever play, 9th solid but under production.

If they play to the their standard I think we beat OU.

W

Way of the Frog

27th in scoring. Above average but not great no. When your offense produces zero in any game you cant be great. First 7 games really good, 8th literally as bad you could ever play, 9th solid but under production.

So if we play "above average" we win.

Purp

What if OU's defense plays below average? Will that just be average for them? Do you think it'll make us an average offense or an above average one?

cdsfrog

Jesus thats a brutal stat. No idea how many normally split the Oklahoma games. As for peoples concern over my point that at our worst, the offense is literally last (zero PPG) it simply means low floor and very high ceiling. Above average, good whatever thats fine. Not great. Would love to see them put 40+ tomorrow

cdsfrog

What if OU's defense plays below average? Will that just be average for them? Do you think it'll make us an average offense or an above average one?

If OUs defense plays below average short of Kenny Hill having 3 more redzone turnovers I would imagine worst case scenario we score 30 points. Their defense is bad, so I would expect a performance below their average would be very good for us regardless of how good we play. If we play great and their defense is bad probably 45+ points
So if we play "above average" we win.

Correct IMO of course. If you were to average out our games and we played at that level I would expect us to win.

cdsfrog

Yeah. We are an average offense. Pass game is incredibly simplistic and we can only run it with an elite back (who is now hurt)

Nah that can't be right. I got chastised by 3 different people. We scored half of what baylor did. Jesus Christ that is bad.

Defense was an F in first half. Great in 2nd but no idea how much that had to do with OUs 24 point lead.