• The KillerFrogs

This stat tells a different story than the gurus on my TV

f_399

Impressive.

What's the biggest difference on why our defense is playing better than last year?

Combination of age, new personel and getting more rest due to the change in the offense?

Is this OU offense better than last year? They Graduated some key players, we should be able to defend them better than last year right?

4th. down

Impressive.

What's the biggest difference on why our defense is playing better than last year?

Combination of age, new personel and getting more rest due to the change in the offense?

Is this OU offense better than last year? They Graduated some key players, we should be able to defend them better than last year right?

Well, no Perine and Mixon so that's a start.

W

Way of the Frog

Moose, what in the world are you doing posting anything that might in the slightest indicate we are anything other than a modern day George Armstrong Custer of a football program going into Indian Country on Saturday night.

There is absolutely, positively the Frogs with their pedestrian offense can keep pace with the OU offense. Forget the experts. Dont you read this board?

Oh, I agree with you and would love to see Big Ross continue this best month of growth with a dominant performance.

ATC Frog

Really don't see the point by the sooner saying we gave up 31 to OSU less than a week after OU gave up 52. Thank for helping Max prove his point bud

Precisely my thoughts. Shortsighted Sooner fan didn’t disappoint.

Wouldn’t be surprised if him or some other OU tweeter fires back with comparing offensive points scored against common opponents, just to make themselves feel better.

Edit: backloaded? I know OU is good and scores a ton, but what has Texas, tech, and Baylor done this year to merit calling the Frogs schedule “backloaded?” Or does it just appear that way because those teams score on everyone else?

Moose Stuff

Precisely my thoughts. Shortsighted Sooner fan didn’t disappoint.

Wouldn’t be surprised if him or some other OU tweeter fires back with comparing offensive points scored against common opponents, just to make themselves feel better.

Edit: backloaded? I know OU is good and scores a ton, but what has Texas, tech, and Baylor done this year to merit calling the Frogs schedule “backloaded?” Or does it just appear that way because those teams score on everyone else?

Social media sites like Twitter are God’s gift to anyone interested in separating the complete morons from the rest of society.

Last edited:
Impressive.

The defense has been relatively free of injury. Combine that with maturity and a drastic upgrade in talent and depth on the defensive line and i think you have your answer

Purp

Back loaded with Tech and Baylor ?
Since OU nearly lost to Baylor I suppose Boomer fans think they're good. And Tech also gave them a hell of a tough time for most of that game. And Texas nearly beat them too.

It's all about perspective.

FrogLifeYo

Should be noted as that over GP's time at TCU, his defenses have always improved significantly over the course of the season. I don't recall one team who wasn't injury riddled that wasn't much improved in the back half of the season...even last years team.

If what I said above is true..then keep in mind we played OK St in week 4...This is week 10...OU fans have no idea what they are getting into.

Moose Stuff

Should be noted as that over GP's time at TCU, his defenses have always improved significantly over the course of the season. I don't recall one team who wasn't injury riddled that wasn't much improved in the back half of the season...even last years team.

If what I said above is true..then keep in mind we played OK St in week 4...This is week 10...OU fans have no idea what they are getting into.

Yep. The defense showed strong signs in the second half of last year of what was coming this year, especially when you factored in the newcomers on the DL. My observations were strongly questioned when I said as much back in August. You know who you are.

Sebastian S

Yep. The defense showed strong signs in the second half of last year of what was coming this year, especially when you factored in the newcomers on the DL. My observations were strongly questioned when I said as much back in August. You know who you are.
If not for our offense, we should have beat Georgia, look where they are now.

H0RNEDFR0G

Impressive.

Seems to me that Defense is better because D-line is better. Last year it didn't seem like we got a lot of pressure on QBs and we were smaller at DT position, Blacklock was a huge add to DT and Banogu (transfer) has helped bring alot of pressure. Bosen looks better this year, I think he was playing hurt last season.