• The KillerFrogs

This makes sense...

Smooth42

the writing is on the wall.

UT President Fenves was educated at Cal Berkeley. CDC has all kinds of ties to the west coast. This smells like a deal to try and match up UT with PAC.

Smooth42

Negotiations will start in 2021-2022 to get ready for the massive changes coming. I just hope we are not blindsided like last time

If the 4 conf deal comes to fruition then we need to be out front on this. Having three of the best coaches should help our cause I would think. Although PAC has always stated it will not take any religious institutions in its league. Should prob play for SEC if UT and OU bolt for the west.

Dman890

This move is about getting a quality AD and an expert fundraiser. Everything else is a conspiracy theory at this point.

Moose Stuff

Negotiations will start in 2021-2022 to get ready for the massive changes coming. I just hope we are not blindsided like last time

If the 4 conf deal comes to fruition then we need to be out front on this. Having three of the best coaches should help our cause I would think. Although PAC has always stated it will not take any religious institutions in its league. Should prob play for SEC iUT and OU bolt for the west.

I would say the chances of us being blindsided by it are absolute zero.

Austintxfrog94

I think having CDC in Austin is a good thing for TCU if the B12 implodes.
I kind of agree on this if it ever comes down to that. I remember the work he put in and relief he went through when TCU got the official Big 12 invite. You don’t forget that sort of a thing even when you go somewhere else.

Nick Danger

Although PAC has always stated it will not take any religious institutions in its league.

I think that's an old wives tale! I'd be willing to bet that Utah has more Mormans in its student body than TCU has Disciples of Christ in theirs and TCU hasn't exhibited any rigidity or overly conservative religious orthodoxy, which is what the Pac-12 schools want to avoid.

If the 4 conf deal comes to fruition then we need to be out front on this. Having three of the best coaches should help our cause I would think. Although PAC has always stated it will not take any religious institutions in its league. Should prob play for SEC if UT and OU bolt for the west.
It has been talked about on this forum and others, there is no way OU goes anywhere with out OSU. They OSU have quite a few allies in the Oklahoma State Legislatures. Also, don’t forget there number one cash cow T Boone. With all the money he has donated to OSU he has in turned saved Oklahoma tax payers a ton of money. Something tells me he will have a say on what happens to OSU.

HG73

A PAC invite will come down to us and tech. Does anybody realistically think tech would get an invite from the PAC? Academics are shoddy (are they still accredited?), location sucks and attendance is down. And they have wallowed in mediocrity since they joined the SWC. tech is made for the MWC along with baylor if they'll take them.

BABYFACE

the writing is on the wall.

UT President Fenves was educated at Cal Berkeley. CDC has all kinds of ties to the west coast. This smells like a deal to try and match up UT with PAC.

Quick sidebar: I don’t see CDC having anything in common with Berkeley.

Back to your point; If UT is interested in the PAC, all they need to do is make that phone call and PAC takes them. They don’t need CDC for that.