• The KillerFrogs

This Is Why You Never Say Never...

Moose Stuff

He will not give two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about after today. And if anyone is foolish enough to think he wouldn’t try and poach employees or coaches is living in fantasy land.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if he went after a TCU coach at some point. I would be surprised if any of the ones this board would be truly concerned about would leave.

NavyFrog

Slimy is a bit harsh, IMO. And it’s not him chasing money. He’s chasing the prestige of UT same a career beyond college AD.
Not even sure it is the prestige. I think it is more the challenge. He has done almost everything he can do at TCU. He has the best combo of men's major sports coaches, all 3 major sports are ranked in the top 25, he has upgrade almost every athletic facility we have. What is left for him to do.

Oh yeah, I am sure the money didn't hurt either.

Probably some over-reaching when using words like slimy. Maybe that quote sounded more emphatic than is best but what is he expected to say, "I'm just here until something better or more challenging comes along?"

He did a great job here and everything is in place for us to continue to be successful. We just need to make sure that the right person is hired and everything will be fine.

Austintxfrog94

I wish him well on things not related to TCU, he played a huge role with TCU getting into the Big 12. GP has been around for numerous AD's and with Schloss and Dixon we're in great shape on the "Big 3" coaching front. Not sure he could have left us in any better shape and wants to try his hand on a slightly bigger stage. Best of luck on beating everyone but TCU (as far as I'm concerned).

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yep. Tcu is the enemy now. Appreciate everything he did but doesn't excuse him [ darn ]ing us over on the way out.
How did he darn us over on the way out?

He got an offer of employment that, in his mind, was superior to his current employment for whatever reasons were important to him. 90+ percent of us would do the same. The fact it is UT sucks for us as a fan base and university but that's where the offer was.

I don't believe he will forget TCU the moment he walks out the door. It won't be his priority any longer but I am sure his time here will be important to him.

All things change. The last one was better than the one before. The one before was better than the one before that. And on and on. The next one might be a game changer. Who knows.

Go frogs.

Snoop1122

I don't think he left for the money really. I think it was mainly for the challenge of making UT relevant again. I do not hate him for that but he was a businessmen.

Two thoughts that have brewed this afternoon:

- I fully expect it will be announced he signed a 5 year contract at $3.3mm a year, making CDC the highest paid AD in the country. I believe that is approximately 3x what we were paying him today. Assuming it is all about money (who knows), would we have matched if offered the chance? I think not, frankly.

- Leaving just before the east side fundraising was going to get into high gear and finalize... That's probably going to hurt a bit.

funkytownfrog

CDC was here nine years. How long would have been long enough? He could never leave or else he is slimy?

If he is slimy, stabbed us in the back, screwed us on the way out, will steal our coaches and will forget us come realignment then why are you so upset? Why would you want him?

So now he lacks frog factor?

CDC is a great man. TCU has a new stadium, is in the Big 12, has Dixon, kept Patterson and Schloss.....

Life is about people. CDC has many friends at TCU and that will last a long, long time.

Baja Frog

Two thoughts that have brewed this afternoon:

- I fully expect it will be announced he signed a 5 year contract at $3.3mm a year, making CDC the highest paid AD in the country. I believe that is approximately 3x what we were paying him today. Assuming it is all about money (who knows), would we have matched if offered the chance? I think not, frankly.

- Leaving just before the east side fundraising was going to get into high gear and finalize... That's probably going to hurt a bit.
7 year contract starting at $1.3 Million

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Makes him seem like so many other slimy characters. It is what it is, chase that money.

But I agree, if you make those statements, don’t expect people to not be pissed when you leave.

Damn shame too, he did so much for TCU, but in my book he lost a lot of goodwill handling it the way he did.

Nobody thought he was slimy when he left Rice. Can’t say I wish him success though.

Big Frog II

I really thought we would lose him to a Pac-12 school. I don't think he handled this badly. A $500,000 raise is not too shabby. However at Texas he will be under a microscope, and the fans are ruthless. If he thought Maniac was a pain in the rear, just wait. He will remember those days fondly if things don't go smoothly in Austin.

Punter1

I think it's slimy for UT to poach from within the conference...and for CDC to leave for them.

ADs know too many secrets of the entire university for it to be OK to leave to a conf foe. I hate when coaches bounce within conferences but when an AD does it it smells 1,000 worse.

Just a chicken [ Finebaum ] move on both sides. Had he gone to UCLA, Ohio State or Alabama I wouldn't have cared less...this just seems wrong.

cdsfrog

How did he darn us over on the way out?

He got an offer of employment that, in his mind, was superior to his current employment for whatever reasons were important to him. 90+ percent of us would do the same. The fact it is UT sucks for us as a fan base and university but that's where the offer was.

I don't believe he will forget TCU the moment he walks out the door. It won't be his priority any longer but I am sure his time here will be important to him.

All things change. The last one was better than the one before. The one before was better than the one before that. And on and on. The next one might be a game changer. Who knows.

Go frogs.

Hard to get much better than CDC and just sucks to see him go to UT. I'm less frustrated about it now but still disappointed in the choice. It is what it is.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Hard to get much better than CDC and just sucks to see him go to UT. I'm less frustrated about it now but still disappointed in the choice. It is what it is.
I understand this sentiment. Saying he darned us over was a harsh way to express it. But I get the heat of the moment and all.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
He will not give two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about TCU after today. And if anyone is foolish enough to think he wouldn’t try and poach employees or coaches is living in fantasy land.
I have no doubt that he'll poach employees, Hyman certainly did when he left for South carolina

Coaches are a different matter, UT just signed Herman last year so he is good for a while, their baseball coach's first season was in 2017 and I doubt that he will be on the chopping block any time soon, unless he screws up.

I seriously doubt that Dixon would leave his alma mater.

Not sure we have anything to worry about for a while