This Alot Like Duke Lacrosse

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Goo, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Prominent school
    Good kids
    Zero previous criminal record
    Authorities with motive
    Entrapment, lies, etc
    Lots of sensational press from police
    Shocking news if tarnished school caught fire in media

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2007/06/duke_lacrosse_d/

2. This is really nothing like that. Good grief.

3. good grief goo :wacko:

4. If they did doubt they would just go after the chief of police. He Probably gets paid like a 7-11 clerk. The school has a much deeper pocket

5. Only folks pushing this kind of thinking are the swarming attorneys.

6. Very similar to that case, except at Duke the kids didn't actually commit the crime.

It's similar to the Sandusky case too, except that it's as different as could possibly be.

Any chance the mods could set up a new forum for stupid conspiracy theory talk?

7. Prominent school
    Good kids
    Zero previous criminal record
    Authorities with motive
    Entrapment, lies, etc
    Lots of sensational press from police
    Shocking news of tarnished school caught fire in media

Which of the above is different?

It is very similar but agree that do far Duke DA looks worse
    But remember he looked legit in the first week until truth came out and accused spoke
    Looking more and more similar each day

8. Remember innocent until proven guilty. There is strong chance little to no crimes here either.

They already had wring guy and entrapment

9. leave it to goo to call drug dealers good kids, good job goo!

10. man you are an idiot, good job goo!

11. I see the similarities, except if the Duke players were found guilty they were looking at 20 to life, while if our guys are found guilty they may do 180 days in jail.

12. It's already been proven that the narc got one suspect's ID wrong. Why should we assume Barney Fife got the rest right?

13. +1

Obviously, it's not going to be exactly like Duke but can't question the similarities.

At first everyone assumed lacrosse players were all guilty, too

14. There is no entrapment. It is not entrapment to buy drugs from a drug dealer. It's entrapment to make someone who wasn't already predisposed to commit the offense do it. They were already selling, and the police did a buy/bust. But it sounds like you don't even think that any of them sold anything.

15. Has it been confirmed that the undercover cop is the son of TCU Police Asst. Chief JC Williams?

16. It has been confirmed.

17. and didnt he go to tcu and supposedly loves tcu?

18. That's not what I'm hearing. Heard the under cover cop spent 6 months building relationship, buying beers, playing pool, etc. then asked drugs much later

Could be that he was hanging out with Brock and eventually offered to pay.

Lots of ways for entrapment in this.

19. I am guessing the deals were recorded.

20. He went to TCU. I don't know if he loves TCU I just said he played football in high school and is a TCU football fan.