• The KillerFrogs

Think Charlie Strong will survive?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I am betting that he won't.

Mack Brown turned over a winning football program to Strong and was 8-5 his last year.  That was something Charlie Strong could have used as a foundation but took them to 6-7 in his first  year and it has gone downhill from there. 

I personally like the way that he has taken away the sense of entitlement from the team but it looks like he went a little overboard and they have gone the other way.   With players tweeting at halftime its apparent that Strong has lost the respect of the players and they are not buying into his system or way of doing things and thats a toxic combination.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires but unless a miracle happens, I don't see them beating OU. KSU, BU, WVU or  Tech.  If that holds, they'll have at least 9 losses and that would be too much for anyone in Austin to bear.

Obvious Troll

Strong could barely look the reporters in the eye.
Great guy. Not meant to be as Texas' coach.
Hopefully they can get someone new in by Wednesday.

netty2424

I said before the year started he would have two more years to total 3, but now I can't see it. Any AD or program has to look at everything collectively, but just watching Strongs press conference was simply depressing. I mean that guy looks like he's done and his team is following his lead.

Then I reminded myself it was UT and it was glorious to watch.

He gone sooner than later.

NavyFrog

i thought he might make it to next week but after yesterday I am not sure. I wouldn't be shocked if he is gone today. If he isn't fired today/tomorrow he will gone if he loses ugly next week.

Punter1

This isn't his fault...there are ZERO grest players on the team. Zero. And I think the administration will let him have a couple recruiting classes to see if he can build something.

And besides, who ya gonna bring in?

Tom Herman would be a great choice but he only has one season at UH. Same with Chad Morris.

Todd Graham is a dbag.

Justin Fuentes is a former Sooner. So was D Royal...but not sure he UT can sell him to the fans.

Dabo is waiting on Saban to retire or go to the NFL again.

Briles for sure ain't coming now.

Coach Bro?? Had he not been a Tech grad maybe.

Holgerson would come in a second and would be a great choice but he looks like Kenny G and is a huge dbag as well.

Mark Richt would bounce...he is the Mack Brown of Georgia minus the NC.

Chris Peterson ain't even answering the phone.

Brian Hartsin might leave Boise and would be a great choice but too hard to sell to the alumni.

Hugh Freeze is an Ole Miss alum...he's not leaving.

Dan Mullins might leave Miss State...but he's an SEC type guy.

Pharm Frog

Punter1 said:
This isn't his fault...there are ZERO grest players on the team. Zero. And I think the administration will let him have a couple recruiting classes to see if he can build something.

Many seem to think Chip Kelly.

netty2424

Punter1 said:

Tom Herman would be a great choice but he only has one season at UH. Same with Chad Morris.

Todd Graham is a dbag.

Justin Fuentes is a former Sooner. So was D Royal...but not sure he UT can sell him to the fans.

Holgerson would come in a second and would be a great choice but he looks like Kenny G and is a huge dbag as well.

Brian Hartsin might leave Boise and would be a great choice but too hard to sell to the alumni.

Chad Morris says hi.

ECoastFrog

Someone on Shaggy said UT can't currently afford to buy CS out, buy out the new coach's current contract (and maybe still pay Mack?) 

Also, might be hard to get someone new to come if Charlie only got 2 years. CS has only freshman that are truly his recruits. 

CS is dealing with a lot of immaturity on that team. Seems like the juniors/seniors are offering no leadership. I bet they give CS at least 1 more year.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Punter1 said:

Todd Graham is a dbag.

Regarding Briles...not sure if this is true or not but I heard that when UT hired Steve Patterson as AD, he called Briles and said that he wanted to talk to him about the head coaching job. He asked Briles to send a resume and was told that "my body of work is my resume" and that he wouldn't be sending anything.

Would the new AD make a run at him?  Who knows but UT if nothing else has always been a classy program so to bring in a slime ball like Briles would be a huge change for them.

You're right about their fans wanting Chip Kelly but I think a young gun like Harsin could do some great things down there.

Thats my 0.02

Moose Stuff

ECoastFrog said:
CS is dealing with a lot of immaturity on that team. Seems like the juniors/seniors are offering no leadership.
This is most damning part for me. At the very least they should be playing hard. He supposedly got rid of all the bad characters on that team and it's just gotten worse. When they ran out after halftime yesterday my wife turned to me and said "those guys look like their least favorite thing on earth is playing the second half of this game". Have some pride for crying out loud.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
ECoastFrog said:
Someone on Shaggy said UT can't currently afford to buy CS out, buy out the new coach's current contract (and maybe still pay Mack?) 

Also, might be hard to get someone new to come if Charlie only got 2 years. CS has only freshman that are truly his recruits. 

CS is dealing with a lot of immaturity on that team. Seems like the juniors/seniors are offering no leadership. I bet they give CS at least 1 more year.
We have a lot of freshmen as well but it looks like theirs are not being developed

txfrog87

The implication I hate over most of the post-game coverage is UT fans won't take a loss over TCU -- of all teams. Times have changed, and we're not the 1970s Frogs. A meltdown over a Kansas loss should be expected.