• The KillerFrogs

The REAL Star last night

PurpleBlood87

Anyone remember when the TCU Band would play "Hey Baby" and have their own words for the song?

Remember one of the lyrics when TCU played Texas and Dexter Cambridge was "Hey Hey Dexter, We Want to Know? Did you get your check?"

NCAA suspension
In November[2] 1991, he was suspended for two months[3] from playing with the Texas Longhorns by the NCAA for having accepted $7,000[2] from a fan[4] when he graduated from Lon Morris Junior College in 1990 which affected his amateur status.[5] It was alleged the money was a reward for his being named a junior college All-American.[2] His two-month suspension ended in January 1992 when he mailed a $4,600 check to a booster at the junior college,[6] regaining his eligibility status.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Anyone remember when the TCU Band would play "Hey Baby" and have their own words for the song?

Remember one of the lyrics when TCU played Texas and Dexter Cambridge was "Hey Hey Dexter, We Want to Know? Did you get your check?"

NCAA suspension
In November[2] 1991, he was suspended for two months[3] from playing with the Texas Longhorns by the NCAA for having accepted $7,000[2] from a fan[4] when he graduated from Lon Morris Junior College in 1990 which affected his amateur status.[5] It was alleged the money was a reward for his being named a junior college All-American.[2] His two-month suspension ended in January 1992 when he mailed a $4,600 check to a booster at the junior college,[6] regaining his eligibility status.
YES!! Man this is fun trippin down memory lane

Frog-in-law1995

Several teams in the SWC did the newspaper bit. I specifically remember A&M and Baylor doing it to us. I didn’t care for it that much, but that’s probably because I had to clean it up.

MTfrog5

Can’t remember who it was that fouled out but he refused to sit down and stood awhile. During timeouts the students would continue the left-right chant as he walked to and from the huddle. Ended up sitting down and the students went nuts

PurpleBlood87

Remember when Tubbs handed out sparklers at UNLV and had the players light them during the pregame Laser show they would have before the Runnin' Rebels introductions. Tubbs was a master showman.

PurpleBlood87

Once a trainer or manager from Baylor wore deck shoes and pink socks. The students behind the bench were all over this poor guy. After halftime he came out and sat down wearing no socks.

Also remember a player for Long Island University had his shorts on backwards. The students were all over him. He scored about 16 points in the first half so after halftime when you thought he'd turn them around he keep them backwards. He ended up scoring about 25 points so I guess it worked for him.

SnoSki

Glad to see that the students had newspapers too even though I doubt they threw them at the bench like they used to do. Dixon had to have a say in that or someone was reading the board as that was discussed a couple weeks ago. I really don’t think some of the newer fans realize how loud DMC used to get

I assume the newspapers are for more than halftime reading?

Edit: now I’m caught up.

Throwing the papers seems a little too Lubbock/philly for me.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
How about Tubbs at a wild home game where people were throwing stuff on the floor regarding the officiating, Tubbs took the mic and said "do not throw items on the floor, no matter how bad the officials are!" or something like that.
I remember that game yes!

MadFrog

Remember the days when as they played the National Anthem, in the tunnel way there was a large fan that would blow the US flag unfurled. That is, until the day someone filled the fan with what looked like flour and dust went everywhere, delaying the start of the game. Those were the days of the Killer Frogs (and Jamie Dixon is an original Killer Frog). I was in the first row the day Dixon hit the shot that beat Texas. BTW, that play in the Notre Dame game was NOT a foul. That team was special.

Tom Brown

The real star is the city of Portland. Every time I come ere it gets harder to leave.

But seriously, the crowd on the late 90’s early 2000’s was pretty nuts. I remember on broadcasts they would say us and New Mexico had the two loudest arenas in the country.

The Pit actually touts itself as Loudest Arena in the Nation

PurpleBlood87

Remember the days when as they played the National Anthem, in the tunnel way there was a large fan that would blow the US flag unfurled. That is, until the day someone filled the fan with what looked like flour and dust went everywhere, delaying the start of the game. Those were the days of the Killer Frogs (and Jamie Dixon is an original Killer Frog). I was in the first row the day Dixon hit the shot that beat Texas. BTW, that play in the Notre Dame game was NOT a foul. That team was special.

Jamie Dixon is not an original Killer Frog.