• The KillerFrogs

The K-State Fan and Game Experience

Atomic Frawg

For the second time I went up to Manhattan for our game against KSU, and for the second time I have left impressed. Once people noticed that my gear wasn't "their gear," damn-near everyone would say, "Welcome to K-State!" I would LITERALLY walk by someone and two steps beyond me, after noticing my shirt said "TCU" and not "KSU," they would turn back around and say "Welcome to K-State!" Most would even try to engage me in conversation. This happens even in gas stations.

During the games, when their team has the ball, the stadium gets quiet enough to hear your grandma fart. Once they get on defense, the place erupts in chaos. Super high football IQ, and they ha e great jumbotrons and sightlines. If you can get their for a game, go.

Last edited:

MinFrog

Had the same experience at WVU. I was offered my body weight in pepperoni rolls and yinling(sp?) beer.

Amazing place to go see a game. Beautiful setting and great fans.

I always try and say ‘welcome’ to visiting fans at TCU games.

Moose Stuff

Had the same experience at WVU. I was offered my body weight in pepperoni rolls and yinling(sp?) beer.

Amazing place to go see a game. Beautiful setting and great fans.

I always try and say ‘welcome’ to visiting fans at TCU games.

Yuengling. Good stuff. Can't get it west of the Mississippi if I'm not mistaken.

HeidelFrog

Agree.. Fans are good people and represent their university well. Very family friendly environment. We were welcomed in by K-State tailgaters and provided some good food, beer and football talk during the rain delays.... My only bad experiences in the Big 12 are at the Tech games. Totally opposite experiences in Lubbock. I think Tech fans actually have a learned chant to "MF" the other teams fans.. only thing you will get for free there is a tortilla flying at your face, a finger in the air and colorful directions out of town.

westoverhillbilly

During the delays yesterday, wife and I went next door to the Bramlage Coliseum and their fans welcomed us in.. Two of them wanted to know our perspective on the Baylor situation.. We got to see their men's basketball team warming up the the beginning of their practice.. They also don't want UH in our conference- not because they're UH (like many of us), but because they just don't want another Texas program..

Purp

Agree.. Fans are good people and represent their university well. Very family friendly environment. We were welcomed in by K-State tailgaters and provided some good food, beer and football talk during the rain delays.... My only bad experiences in the Big 12 are at the Tech games. Totally opposite experiences in Lubbock. I think Tech fans actually have a learned chant to "MF" the other teams fans.. only thing you will get for free there is a tortilla flying at your face, a finger in the air and colorful directions out of town.
Waco fans suck too. If you are offered a beer by one of their fans it may be your own beer.

purpleeyefrog

We had a great trip to Manhattan also. Fans were great, weather not so much. I did not see many TCU fans this trip but maybe just in different places. It was hard to tell with all the purple. There was a lot of purple in Fayetteville this year.

tcumaniac

I try to do the same for out of state opponents.

Me too. I've had some great (and not so great) away game trips as far as the opposing fans are concerned. Really motivates me to go out of my way to be welcoming and hospitable to opposing fans.

Unfortunately, more often than not, the "Welcome to Fort Worth" is met with a, "Oh. Thanks, but I live here."

DFW is such a damn melting pot. I've started asking opposing fans if they've made the trip from 'insert location' before giving them their official welcome.