• The KillerFrogs

The Jamie Dixon MBB Recruiting Thread

Gunner

I'm happy as can be that we got Robinson.  Hope he turns out great and I like the post showing his credentials.  But he is not even eligible 'til second semester.   And we need another guy like yesterday   Many teams have 2 point guards, and I'm just wanting one, at least.  

If Iowa State has the best point in the country, we should be able to collect one.   :biggrin:

Gunner, I'm going to say this once but CJD is going to use Collins and Williams to back up Robinson. He is actively going after points in the '17 cycle, I think he's already offered two so don't sweat it, okay. If you know Jamie you would know he likes big men a lot, in fact his style depends on them. We won't be playing like Villanova, though I wish, so look for him to finish with a big guy.

Portland Frog

Any update on the last scholly for 2016? I still hold out hope for a big (5) who has some scoring ability (whether it's Bolden or someone else) for that last spot. I assume if FIsher was targeted he would have to sit out 2016-2017 because of the transfer rules?

Portland Frog said:
Any update on the last scholly for 2016? I still hold out hope for a big (5) who has some scoring ability (whether it's Bolden or someone else) for that last spot. I assume if FIsher was targeted he would have to sit out 2016-2017 because of the transfer rules?
No, he shouldn't have to sit, he would just be released from his LOI and could play next fall.

Portland Frog

Bill Bozeat said:
so Bolden aint holdin for us???

Basically this is my question along those lines. What position are they looking to fill for the last spot in 2016? Maybe it depends. I assume if Bolden chooses the frogs, the frogs would pass on the PG from UNLV and accept Bolden's bid over anyone else. Clearly the frogs wouldn't pass on Bolden regardless of whomever else becomes available because of other coaching changes, right? If Bolden goes elsewhere, then I assume the frogs could take the PG if he's interested? But what if another big is out there that is really good as well? Which way do the frogs go? 

Purp

TCUdirtbag said:

Bolden's coach was quoted yesterday saying Bolden would be wearing "blue and white or blue and white."  Insinuating it's a Duke and Kentucky race.  
Maybe he was referring to the blue and white double stripe on the waistband of his Fruit of the Looms.

TCU_22

SuperBarrFrog said:
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/725146406164545537
would be a huge get... i think our thinnest position is center, but the idea of robinson and fisher at point with collins and trent at the 2 for the next couple years is really exciting. wouldn't be surprised at all to see us take 2 players this class at all.

If we took two it would mean that someone isn't coming back. You hate to see anyone lose their scholarship, but if we could get Fisher and a center maybe finding a landing spot for someone like Lyrik elsewhere might be in the best interest off all parties. Of course Fisher hasn't committed yet, so that's putting the cart before the horse a bit.

Portland Frog

GuardianFrog said:
If we took two it would mean that someone isn't coming back. You hate to see anyone lose their scholarship, but if we could get Fisher and a center maybe finding a landing spot for someone like Lyrik elsewhere might be in the best interest off all parties. Of course Fisher hasn't committed yet, so that's putting the cart before the horse a bit.

Assuming Bolden is going elsewhere, are there any other bigs who have a low post game that the frogs are targeting for 2016?

Not that I have seen active buzz on Portland. Jordy Tshimanga is still out there who Trent and Jamie both recruited, I know he visited Minnesota a couple of weeks ago and seems to be slow playing things.

I haven't seen any good grad transfers at the center position that we could jump on to help us next year, but the backup center from Ohio St who could help us in 2017-18 intrigues me.

Dogfrog

While I think Bolden is likely going to KY or Duke, Its not because of his high school coaches comments necessarily. While HS coaches often know the latest with a player, they are often "recruited by the schools as well and he probably has a bias. If for no other reason than its good for his resume to coach a KY or Duke player.

Portland Frog said:

Assuming Bolden is going elsewhere, are there any other bigs who have a low post game that the frogs are targeting for 2016?
We might be interested in the Robinson kid from Louisiana who was committed to Aggie. He was a top 75 player in the country so I hope we go after him because he would really help on the inside.