• The KillerFrogs

The Greatest Horned Frog Fan ever has Leaped on

ShreveFrog

My Dad, Leap Frog, passed away overnight. His first TCU game was age 5, 1935 -- Sammy Baugh and the Frogs vs. SMU in what was "The Game of the Century." As a boy, dad would gather up scrap metal on game days to pay for his ticket, and maybe stop for lunch on his walk to TCU. He'd later have to hitchhike from Dallas. Dad rooted for the Frogs in all sports the rest of his life. He had more knowledge about TCU sports than anyone except maybe just maybe Dan Jenkins his own self. Dad could not come to any more games beginning in 2017. Just watched from his recliner, and of course, chimed in here on the forum. He stuck with the Frogs all through the bad old days when we boys were growing up. But he also made us loyal to the Frogs. Thank you for that, Dad, and everything else. (Including not taking that scholarship to pitch at SMU.)

True story here. We got almost 15 bonus years with Dad after a ruptured aneurysm in late '05. Remember, Coach P was up for another job following that great season. When the anesthesia wore off from a life-saving emergency surgery, some of Dad's first words were, "Do we still have Patterson?"

My Dad, Leap Frog, was the best!

hiphopfroggy

I believe I had seen some Leap Frog posts over the years, good posts if I recall. Sorry to hear and glad you are celebrating his life. If you ever feel like posting some of his first hand accounts of "The game of the Century" or other great TCU football moments experienced, I and I bet others would be interested in the legends or yore.

Go Frogs

froghair

Sorry for your loss Shreve. Your dad was a KF member when I joined up in 1998 so although we never met, I still developed a liking for your dad through is posts. I'll miss reading them. Prayers for your dad and his family .

My Dad, Leap Frog, passed away overnight. His first TCU game was age 5, 1935 -- Sammy Baugh and the Frogs vs. SMU in what was "The Game of the Century." As a boy, dad would gather up scrap metal on game days to pay for his ticket, and maybe stop for lunch on his walk to TCU. He'd later have to hitchhike from Dallas. Dad rooted for the Frogs in all sports the rest of his life. He had more knowledge about TCU sports than anyone except maybe just maybe Dan Jenkins his own self. Dad could not come to any more games beginning in 2017. Just watched from his recliner, and of course, chimed in here on the forum. He stuck with the Frogs all through the bad old days when we boys were growing up. But he also made us loyal to the Frogs. Thank you for that, Dad, and everything else. (Including not taking that scholarship to pitch at SMU.)

True story here. We got almost 15 bonus years with Dad after a ruptured aneurysm in late '05. Remember, Coach P was up for another job following that great season. When the anesthesia wore off from a life-saving emergency surgery, some of Dad's first words were, "Do we still have Patterson?"

Shreve, Top, I am saddened by this. I talked with Top yesterday so knew it was coming. I will always cherish the small amount of time I got to spend with Leap. Such a nice man and great TCU fan. Also a good story teller, and I could listen to his TCU stories for hours. This forum also lost a great poster and its best historian. I loved reading his posts and getting his thoughts. RIP, Leap. They should build a statue of you and place it outside of Amon Carter Stadium.

Paul in uhh

He sounds like a fantastic person - I wish I knew him! I’m so sorry for your loss.