• The KillerFrogs

The Examiner: What the Pac 10 rumors could mean for TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
[SIZE=12pt]The Examiner: What the Pac 10 rumors could mean for TCU[/SIZE]

Stephen Francis

Virtually every TCU fan will say immediately that they have no interest in joining the Big XII in what amounts to a "post-apocalyptic" scenario. Although they would invariably become on of the top dogs in the conference, there's not much to bark about when the previous superstar teams have been adopted by new owners. The BCS AQ would immediately go out the window and in-conference schedule strength would take a plummet past where it already is regardless of any other teams the Big XII could scramble to add. Therefore, this scenario is highly unlikely.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Virtually every TCU fan...where did he get that research from? Most of us do say that we are happy with the MWC (and mean it), and going into a watered down Big 12 is not an option IMO.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcuball3 @ Jun 6 2010, 08:43 AM) [snapback]569392[/snapback]
Virtually every TCU fan...where did he get that research from? Most of us do say that we are happy with the MWC (and mean it), and going into a watered down Big 12 is not an option IMO.

Not sure where that came from either.

I think TCU, Utah and BYU will be courted by the leftover Big 12 teams, add Houston and form a new league that will retain AQ status.

TCUExaminer

Contributor

I don't typically chime in on topics about my own writing, but just thought I should point out that my statement reads exactly how I meant it:

"Aside from the mis-informed Frog fan, no-one has interest in joining the Big XII after it's been depleted."

I'm not sure where I said TCU fans were unhappy with the Mountain West. Could you point it out please?

HToady

Remember one thing about the past.

The inviting conference loses no members in consolidation. The simply "pick apart" the conquered conference.

In the PAC 16 scenario, the MWC stands the chance of being the aggressor. We are intact. We should bid our time with Boise to see if possible Big XII leftovers are a better fit.

DeepEllumFrog

QUOTE(Gunner @ Jun 6 2010, 05:25 PM) [snapback]569493[/snapback]
That guy slandered TCU with "mid ........." and I immediately took him off my favorite list.

Idiot commentary.

I read the article again and I didn't see that. Can you show where he said that? I did see TCU and Non- BCS in the same sentence.

Bob

Heck, TCU could win the Big 12 as it is today. For that matter, so could Boise.

I'd like to see Colorado, Boise, Kansas, and K-State in the MWC. It would be stronger than the PAC 16 or whatever and would have some good out of conference match-ups.

SteinerTCU

Coolest guy ... ever

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but I think you misread what he wrote... he sayd virtually every tcu fan has NO interest in the B12 ...

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(DeepEllumFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 12:53 PM) [snapback]569506[/snapback]
I read the article again and I didn't see that. Can you show where he said that? I did see TCU and Non- BCS in the same sentence.

The conference would gain another solid "m i d m a j o r" school and a team that has won two BCS bowls and boosts the overall "BCS cred" of the conference from three to five. (that's would be the number of times a MWC team has played in BCS bowl)

Obviously using "another" means there are others in the conference which means TCU....

The term is a basketball school term to begin with and he is talking football. Lots of poor assumptions, misconceptions, continuation of age-old bias in the article.

Really a very poorly written piece

InterestedObserver

One thing everyone seems to be taking for granted is the BCS. If these power-conferences actually do end up happening, you can bet that the door to the big money bowl games will be closed. Congress may step in at that point, but it will just be for show as the "big boys" own Congress.

They might as well just start paying players because all of this is nothing more than a greedy money-grab. How long before the college players start a union? Maybe that's an extreme thought, but it might not be that farfetched in this "new world" of college football.

Money may ruin the greatest sport in our country. Other sports will likely get dragged down with them.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(InterestedObserver @ Jun 6 2010, 12:31 PM) [snapback]569522[/snapback]
One thing everyone seems to be taking for granted is the BCS. If these power-conferences actually do end up happening, you can bet that the door to the big money bowl games will be closed. Congress may step in at that point, but it will just be for show as the "big boys" own Congress.

They might as well just start paying players because all of this is nothing more than a greedy money-grab. How long before the college players start a union? Maybe that's an extreme thought, but it might not be that farfetched in this "new world" of college football.

Money may ruin the greatest sport in our country. Other sports will likely get dragged down with them.

It's always about the money. That in itself is pretty funny for supposedly non-profit institutions sponsoring "student-athletes".

OmniscienceFrog

Uh, he agreed with you.