• The KillerFrogs

The End of the Debate Courtesy of CDC

Dogfrog

This definitely regarding consistency...

As an In-N-Out guy and hamburger aficionado, I was excited to try Whataburger. Ate at three in the Greater Fort Worth area over a year period.

First two times were pretty bad: Dried out patty soaked in mustard with limp lettuce and a mush tomato. If they made my burger to order, he must have read my mind from 10 minutes prior on I-30 cuz that burger was ready in one minute. The fries were consistently good but of the frozen fries/McDonalds variety, not the fresh cut of In-N-Out. Both good, but different. The Whataburgers were all fairly dirty (trash on tables, dirty booths, etc) and the employees indifferent. Had the feel of a dive burger joint, not the pride of Texas.
The third time I had a pretty good burger that gave me some hope and another reason, other than that Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit which should be registered as an controlled narcotic, to return to Whataburger.

In-N-Out is always consistently good: Same good burger, same clean restaurants and same courteous staff. Maybe because they are all In-N-Outs are still owned and controlled by the same original group, no franchisors.

Whataburger has a lot more variety most of which i have not tried, but the focus should be the burger. In-N-Out also has a secret menu if you want to change things up https://www.thrillist.com/eat/los-angeles/the-in-n-out-secret-menu-ranked

In-N-Out for me

Thanks, Baghdad Bob

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Not a fan of either one. I make my own burgers out of a 50-50 mix of tofu and bean paste. Top it with sprouts, baked kale and broccoli slaw. Wrap it all in Bibb lettuce with a little homemade egg free mayo. Now that's living.
Now I know your true identity.
d6aef1f0-0fdc-11e6-856a-f7a99b5ca9ab_mayfield-4.gif

Bob

Not a fan of either one. I make my own burgers out of a 50-50 mix of tofu and bean paste. Top it with sprouts, baked kale and broccoli slaw. Wrap it all in Bibb lettuce with a little homemade egg free mayo. Now that's living.
Now me, I like to mix the day old manager's special hamburger meat with a can of the dog's Alpo and lots of garlic powder. Instead of bean paste, I like to spread Frito's bean dip on the burger, then top it with Fritos, onions, jalapenos, and some good iceburg lettuce. Use only French's yellow mustard on the buns.

Purp

Whataburger supported Baylor in 2014. Darn em. In & Out.
My fond memories of Merry-Go-Round stem from the fact it was two blocks north of my childhood home, and two houses north of my grandparents house.

As such, I rode my bicycle to Merry-Go-Round regularly for a Coke or some other mid-afternoon treat, and it was a gathering place for me and many of my friends.

Carlson's wasn't within my reach until high school, and since I was a member of the 1966 class of Paschal, I hung out there regularly (on the chance I'd score a beer).

My parents always favored Kincaid's, but my favorite was Charlie's on Granbury Road. The fries were better at Kincaid's, but I especially loved the burgers from Charlie's!

I genuinely enjoy both, but Whataburger is a Texas icon, while In-And-Out screams, "California!" I'm not a California hater (I lived there for a while), but I'm native Texan.

So - Whataburger for my tastes.

Go Frogs!
Charlie's is fantastic. My roommate and I ate there once a week in college. I still go there when I can.

Froglaw

I loved Merry-Go-Round.

The Magnificent Seven was on Friday night in the dorm.

Bunch of us grabbed to go burgers and watched the classic while eating in burger heaven.

BABYFACE

I agree with a point made here previously, In and Out has better staff due to they pay more money than the other fast food places to attract better workers.