• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech Press Conference

TCURiggs

GP ain't throwing an unproven Freshman out for his first start, in Lubbock, with a chance to play in the conference championship on the line by choice. He is either playing head games with Tech, or KH is banged up and it's Robinson's time to shine.

A quote that Mendez tweeted leads me to believe that we really are pretty banged up:

Gary with the suicide joke. Ha.

Last edited:

Wexahu

That wouldn’t make much sense to me at all. Conference championship berth on the line and we’re benching our starting QB who isn’t playing bad at all in favor of a completely untested true freshman??? If he says Kenny is banged up then I’m going with that.

We'll see. If KH is suited up and not playing I'm not so sure I'm buying that. If he isn't, then he absolutely isn't playing because he's injured. All we can do is speculate.

W

Way of the Frog

GP ain't throwing an unproven redshirt Freshman out for his first start, in Lubbock, with a chance to play in the conference championship on the line by choice. He is either playing head games with Tech, or KH is banged up and it's Robinson's time to shine.

Stop raining on the parade of some who have been waiting for this day for over a year. The day in their heart of hearts they just know GMFP finally took to heart what they have been trying to tell everyone in that Kenny is the worst thing to happen to TCU football since that damn exploding State of Texas statute left over from the Super Bowl in Arlington.

HFrog12

While Kenny may have stumbled here and there, especially his shortfalls vs. Iowa St., he has still given his all for this team from what I can tell. He had some tremendous runs in the OU game that kept drives alive. Then got pulled for Shawn when he was actually having success. He frustrates me because he throws off his back foot among other things. That being said, his receivers have been pretty bad and since Morris went down he has been under a lot of pressure. He also got us to 8 wins. So I am proud of his efforts and have to believe he is actually hurt and not simply being benched.

FrogLifeYo

Well if we are truly throwing a freshman to the wolves, at least it's an 11am game there rather than a night game.
Throwing a Freshman to the wolves is starting him 6 weeks ago..Kids been in the program well over a year this point..Barely even call him a Freshman..Inexperienced Yes but pretending he's still a tender high school kid is ridiculous

Wexahu

While Kenny may have stumbled here and there, especially his shortfalls vs. Iowa St., he has still given his all for this team from what I can tell. He had some tremendous runs in the OU game that kept drives alive. Then got pulled for Shawn when he was actually having success. He frustrates me because he throws off his back foot among other things. That being said, his receivers have been pretty bad and since Morris went down he has been under a lot of pressure. He also got us to 8 wins. So I am proud of his efforts and have to believe he is actually hurt and not simply being benched.

There is nothing wrong with KH, by most all accounts he a good kid Nobody hates him, I hate that that is what is implied when people are critical of his play. And SR might totally be in over his head if he plays a lot Saturday, I have no idea, and it wouldn't surprise me if he struggles mightily. But the QB play in recent weeks has been lacking (and never really has been all that great this year) and the same weaknesses keep showing up, that some people want to see something different......just to see it if nothing else......shouldn't surprise anyone.

HFrog12

There is nothing wrong with KH, by most all accounts he a good kid Nobody hates him, I hate that that is what is implied when people are critical of his play. And SR might totally be in over his head if he plays a lot Saturday, I have no idea, and it wouldn't surprise me if he struggles mightily. But the QB play in recent weeks has been lacking (and never really has been all that great this year) and the same weaknesses keep showing up, that some people want to see something different......just to see it if nothing else......shouldn't surprise anyone.

I agree with this for the most part. He consistently throws off his back foot and has a tendency to stare down receivers. But he also had a tremendous comp. percentage prior to Iowa St. Unless he throws a weird ball, which has actually been talked about here, I don't think putting Robinson in is going to help the plethora of drops that our receivers continue to have. But as you said, why not try something else. Just my amateur opinion suggests the Oline, drops, and play calling have just as big of a problem in our offensive success as KH has. I sincerely hope SR comes in and proves me wrong.

jake102

The two tweets I posted:

GP said regardless of this injury to Hill, Robinson was going to get a lot more work down the stretch. He's part of rebuilding the offense for next year.
'

Here's to the people who jumped on me after I stated that we might start looking towards next year on offense.