• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech Press Conference

I do think there is something to that, that over time when you either aren't getting targets, or the ball just isn't getting to you in the right place at the right time when you do get targets, eventually the whole thing just kind of breaks down.

So you’re saying that unless the pass is absolutely perfect then our WR’s can’t catch the ball. How come other teams receivers can do it but not ours. I’ve seen several nice catches by opposing receivers when the ball wasn’t thrown right to them. Our guys make a catch like that a few times a year but it seems it happens against us every week.

4th. down

I think the truth is that this team is not a playoff team. It's not a Big 12 Championship team either. It's just a very good team.

Our Defense is an A- (A+ run defense, B pass defense)
Our Offense is a solid B (A- run, B- pass)

That's good enough for 9-10 wins and a solid top 25 ranking.

Sounds reasonable to me. As others and myself have previously stated, Kenny cannot take over a game and win it for us but he can manage a game that Sonny draws up. The result is 8-2 with a possible 10-2 and then who knows? We need to try, hard as it is, to get over OU this year. They are a potential NC team.

Wexahu

So you’re saying that unless the pass is absolutely perfect then our WR’s can’t catch the ball. How come other teams receivers can do it but not ours. I’ve seen several nice catches by opposing receivers when the ball wasn’t thrown right to them. Our guys make a catch like that a few times a year but it seems it happens against us every week.

No, I’m not saying that, way to take what I said completely out of context. I’ve seen our guys make some nice catches too. What I’m saying is that I don’t think our WR’s struggling to produce and our inability to complete many passes at all down the field in the intermediate to deep range isn’t necessarily all the WR’s fault. I think we’ve got some talented wideouts on this team that for whatever reason can’t get going with any consistency.

ifrog

No, I’m not saying that, way to take what I said completely out of context. I’ve seen our guys make some nice catches too. What I’m saying is that I don’t think our WR’s struggling to produce and our inability to complete many passes at all down the field in the intermediate to deep range isn’t necessarily all the WR’s fault. I think we’ve got some talented wideouts on this team that for whatever reason can’t get going with any consistency.

I think that we have a talented QB but for whatever reason the WRs cant catch. It’s frustrating. I don’t know if it’s the fact that they can’t catch passes even tho they led the nation last year when it’s thrown to them or if it’s their coach. I think we have a talented QB but for whatever reason our receivers run the wrong route or drop the ball. Our QB has A 70% accuracy passing rating but the receivers can’t catch. What’s more frustrating is Hill doesn’t have time to throw. I’m so frustrated by the o line. I mean we have some talented oline but Hill is always running for his life. I’m just glad that he isn’t throwing interceptions. And don’t get me started on the defense. Ohio State is the epitome of a great defense.

I’m channeling Wex, am I doing this right?

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

IRONIE is a joke , kind of like you. You seriously thought that I misspelled that ? SMFH the Hill haters are ignorant
Why wouldn't I think you would misspell irony. You're more than stupid enough to. By the way numbnuts, find a post where I hated on Kenny Hill. Good luck SFBs

I think we don’t have an offensive identity. We recruited for air raid and fast tempo. We play like LSU and Bama without a full back. We barely use tight end even though every time we do it works. Now we seem like we are trying some hybrid west coast offense with lots of runs. We need to pick a style and stick with it. I liked the idea of playing great defense and scoring a ton of points with up tempo. Guess that doesn’t work puts too much stress on our defens.