• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Virginia - Game Thread

Pharm Frog

Frogs On A Plane said:
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with trying to get to 3rd on the single to center? At that point, I had no confidence we could drive him in from 2nd. At least if he makes it a WP or Sac fly scores a run. It sucks he got hosed, but I would rather them make a play..
That was pure dumb. Play was right in front of the runner. They didn't even have to make a good play...just a decent play. And for goodness sake don't keep looking into the outfield while running. Got him off his line. But nobody talks about this if we had bunted him over.

OmniscienceFrog

Frogs On A Plane said:
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with trying to get to 3rd on the single to center? At that point, I had no confidence we could drive him in from 2nd. At least if he makes it a WP or Sac fly scores a run. It sucks he got hosed, but I would rather them make a play..
I wouldn't have a problem with it if he'd had a legitimate shot at making it, but the play was in front of him and it wasn't even close.  Sure, they could have botched the throw, but you can't bank on that in that situation.  Bad decision right there IMO.

GlendarrochFrog

berryfrog95 said:
Why did I stay up, it was inevitable....dammit

We didn't look like we were going to be clutch tonight, too many poor at bats and some hurtful coaching calls....
It was inevitable? 6 of our last 7 wins have been by one run. We have owned close games lately.

rifram09

OmniscienceFrog said:
I wouldn't have a problem with it if he'd had a legitimate shot at making it, but the play was in front of him and it wasn't even close.  Sure, they could have botched the throw, but you can't bank on that in that situation.  Bad decision right there IMO.
m
This is my thought. It wasn't a close call. The ball was in the center fielder's glove while the runner was two steps over the bag. I was screaming "no!!!" from the moment the runner touched second base because I could see there was no chance.

Atomic Frawg

Frogs On A Plane said:
I wasn't too keen on it simply because of the depth of the centerfielder when he caught the ball. When he made the hard turn I knew he was dead in the water. It just didn't look as if he had the speed to make it. He was also looking back at center instead of ahead to the base coach. I really don't know if the coach gave him to the sign to keep running or not, but no, I'd have rather had two on and no outs on that hit.

smufrogger

Horned Eagle said:

At that point we were getting to their pitcher and establishing some momentum. You don't take that chance when the odds aren't in your favor, and that was an extremely unfavorable situation.  He practically watched the CF pick up the ball before he turned his head and made his crescent shaped path toward 3rd.  Lots of stupid there. 
+1000

Atomic Frawg

Sangria Wine said:
I hate many of our "fans" not just because of their general lack of baseball knowledge but primarily for their douchiness.
Our fans sounded and looked great tonight. Really spirited display. Kudos to those in attendance.

Horny 4 Life

Atomic Frawg said:
Our fans sounded and looked great tonight. Really spirited display. Kudos to those in attendance.

Aside from the ill-timed Woooos, they were awesome.  Definitely outclassed the Cavalier fans in attendance. 

Get Your Frogs Up

Frogs On A Plane said:
Not about to second guess people that were in the moment, but in general when the ball's in front of you and directly at an outfielder you hold, especially when the fielder isn't having to move to his right or left at all and is able to charge straight at the ball.

IamFroglash88

TCUWIN said:
We suck offensively More Frogs the better. Thats not stupid. To say we are one of the top 6 in the nation is a stupid thing to say. Tech would argue that. Oklahoma State would argue they are better. We had a route that helped us get here. We have a phenomenal pitching staff. We are not one of the best 6 in the nation. That is a stupid thing to say.
Troll

Atomic Frawg

Young and Horned said:
What does class have to do with attendance?
Pretty sure the word is being used by its definition of being on another level or in a different category, making it acceptable. From the TV shots and cheering, we clearly had more fans and present - outclassing the UVA fans.

verb

be far superior to.

"they totally outclassed us in the first half"
synonyms: surpass, be superior to, be better than, outshine, overshadow, eclipse, outdo, outplay, outmaneuver, outstrip, get the better of, upstage

BABYFACE

TCU has done very well in bunting the runner over late in games that led to wins. They had opportunities in extra innings to do it and did not execute. UVA did on their only opportunity.

A bit surprising since this TCU has played small ball well this season.

Young and Horned

Atomic Frawg said:
Pretty sure the word is being used by its definition of being on another level or in a different category, making it acceptable. From the TV shots and cheering, we clearly had more fans and present - outclassing the UVA fans.

verb

be far superior to.

"they totally outclassed us in the first half"
synonyms: surpass, be superior to, be better than, outshine, overshadow, eclipse, outdo, outplay, outmaneuver, outstrip, get the better of, upstage

Okay. Understood.

Just been hearing that word being thrown out more and more over the past year or two. Suppose it just doesn't translate to me to being the better fan, but that is obviously preference and not him being wrong or anything.

thanks for definition.