• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Virginia - Game Thread

TCUWIN said:
We suck offensively More Frogs the better. Thats not stupid. To say we are one of the top 6 in the nation is a stupid thing to say. Tech would argue that. Oklahoma State would argue they are better. We had a route that helped us get here. We have a phenomenal pitching staff. We are not one of the best 6 in the nation. That is a stupid thing to say.

Good grief.

Pharm Frog

Bizarro Frog said:
Frogs played great in the field and on the mound. We should beat Ole Miss then Virginia twice. I guess the wind died in that last inning. We still have life and that is all one can ask every morning when they wake.

Go Frogs
We did not play well in the field. A couple of great plays for sure but all around pedestrian to poor IMO. Had trouble simply playing catch a lot. Cron saved our ass.

TronCarter

Just want to say that in 2010, South Carolina lost their first game. They then fought their way out of the loser's bracket, knocked off Clemson twice, advanced to the finals, and beat UCLA twice.

scheiss Virginia and their beautiful falls.

Young and Horned

TCUWIN said:
We suck offensively More Frogs the better. Thats not stupid. To say we are one of the top 6 in the nation is a stupid thing to say. Tech would argue that. Oklahoma State would argue they are better. We had a route that helped us get here. We have a phenomenal pitching staff. We are not one of the best 6 in the nation. That is a stupid thing to say.
YOU-SIR-ARE-j221it.jpg

Horny 4 Life

A minor note, for those of you who have watched live most of the season, have we always struggled retreating on fly balls?  I feel like our guys spend a bit too much time looking to the sky when trying to chase down a fly ball. 

Pharm Frog

Horned Eagle said:
A minor note, for those of you who have watched live most of the season, have we always struggled retreating on fly balls?  I feel like our guys spend a bit too much time looking to the sky when trying to chase down a fly ball. 
At Lupton you don't usually retreat to catch fly balls but it has been an issue from time to time. More concerning to me is base running while looking back into the outfield and running way too wide. We do that too...a lot

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with trying to get to 3rd on the single to center? At that point, I had no confidence we could drive him in from 2nd. At least if he makes it a WP or Sac fly scores a run. It sucks he got hosed, but I would rather them make a play..

OmniscienceFrog

Double D said:
I'm really tired of these 3-2 games.  I wish TCU could break out with 8 or 9 runs.  Oh well.  I'm tired.  Great game tonight.  Nothing to be ashamed of. 
It's a philosophy, and it works most of the time, but when your philosophy is to live right on the edge all the time, it's gonna get you sometimes  too.

Horny 4 Life

Pharm Frog said:
At Lupton you don't usually retreat to catch fly balls but it has been an issue from time to time. More concerning to me is base running while looking back into the outfield and running way too wide. We do that too...a lot

Agreed on the base running issues, but I noticed the outfield play a couple times tonight.  They had multiple doubles that could have been avoided with better outfield play, instead we had poor angles and poor tracking technique. 

Deep Purple

Pharm Frog said:
We did not play well in the field. A couple of great plays for sure but all around pedestrian to poor IMO. Had trouble simply playing catch a lot. Cron saved our [John Wylie Price].

Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but wasn't UVA's first run unearned off a catching error by Odell at 3rd?

Young and Horned

I guess TCUWIN is worried to post his threats on the boards. Just threatened to beat my ass because I called him an idiot. Then he called me a witch three or four times.

First and I hope last time someone calls me a witch? Lol.

Horny 4 Life

Frogs On A Plane said:
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with trying to get to 3rd on the single to center? At that point, I had no confidence we could drive him in from 2nd. At least if he makes it a WP or Sac fly scores a run. It sucks he got hosed, but I would rather them make a play..

At that point we were getting to their pitcher and establishing some momentum. You don't take that chance when the odds aren't in your favor, and that was an extremely unfavorable situation.  He practically watched the CF pick up the ball before he turned his head and made his crescent shaped path toward 3rd.  Lots of stupid there. 

Young and Horned

Horned Eagle said:

At that point we were getting to their pitcher and establishing some momentum. You don't take that chance when the odds aren't in your favor, and that was an extremely unfavorable situation.  He practically watched the CF pick up the ball before he turned his head and made his crescent shaped path toward 3rd.  Lots of stupid there. 
Agreed. He didn't look at 3B coach once there. No change he was making it to 3B.