• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Sam Houston Saturday Night Game Thread

Tom Brown

Prince of Purpoole said:
In fairness I doubt there is a sports fan base in the world that could stomach losing that game in that way. A few vocal knuckleheads on a fan forum don't bother me. Publishing the official's personal information is bush league for sure, however.

It's time to whip Siena!!
I'm cheering for Siena

tcujsauce

OldSchoolFrog said:

That was amazing.  Crowd came alive in the last two innings.  And I love our new cheer when the opposing pitcher throws a ball. 

Wooooooo!!!!   
Hahaha yeah I think FrogsMcGee started the woo'ing. That was hilarious.

Ron Swanson

I can't blame the SHSU fans or coach for acting the way they did. I'd have done the same if I was in their position.

That's a ship way to lose

EDIT: I wrote this before I read about them posting the umps personal info on their message board. Still though, I've wanted to do that kind of stuff before, too (most notably, after the TT/TCU football game last year)

Ron Swanson

Frognosticator said:
Gee, chanting TCU is such poor sportsmanship.

I feel sorry for the Bearkat players having to be coached dirty by such a POS coach.  I've never seen anyone deliberately stick their elbow in to try to get hit.  Dirty garbage.  I assume the coach told him to do it.
So what you're saying is, you're new to baseball?

You've never seen someone stick their elbow out trying to get HBP? Happens all the time

Paint It Purple

OldSchoolFrog said:

That was amazing.  Crowd came alive in the last two innings.  And I love our new cheer when the opposing pitcher throws a ball. 

Wooooooo!!!!   
That cheer started in the 21st (I think). It was sort of a delirious (sorta annoying at first) (then it turned funny) high pitched battle cry. New traditions are born out of unforgettable moments. Keep it going. Just don't let it get Aggy.

Hemingway

Paint It Purple said:
That cheer started in the 21st (I think). It was sort of a delirious (sorta annoying at first) (then it turned funny) high pitched battle cry. New traditions are born out of unforgettable moments. Keep it going. Just don't let it get Aggy.
What was the cheer?

froginmn

Frognosticator said:

I feel sorry for the Bearkat players having to be coached dirty by such a POS coach.  I've never seen anyone deliberately stick their elbow in to try to get hit.  Dirty garbage.  I assume the coach told him to do it.
Wait, what?

Assume you'll say this was sarcasm, regardless of your original intent.

Leaning into a pitch is part of the game and not "dirty". Don Baylor made a career out of it. Trying to take out a fielder with a slide is dirty. Ty Cobb made a career out of it.

Hemingway

froginmn said:
Wait, what?

Leaning into a pitch is part of the game and not "dirty". Don Baylor made a career out of it. Trying to take out a fielder with a slide is dirty. Ty Cobb made a career out of it.
Very generous of you. If we lost you'd be calling for it to be outlawed

Ron Swanson

froginmn said:
Wait, what?

Yeah, pretty embarrassing post by Frognosticator. Almost the equivalent of my girlfriend asking me how many points a home run is worth

cdsfrog

Hunt Together said:
Man, thinking back on the game. Trey (mating between Steel & 2314) Teakell and Brian (mating between Steel & 2314) Howard saved our asses.

Great point. Teakell who pitched frickin Friday too goes 6.1 innings. Unbelievable.

Brian Howard with barely any experience this year had a great performance.

Both these teams are good at hitting but have even better pitching which now I get what people mean by that overpowering good hitting. I'm definitely done bitching, regardless of outcome tonight. 31 innings, 3 runs given up by our pitchers. That's scheissing incredible

Limey Frog

Hemingway said:
From Katfans.com
GovKat10

That 2nd base umpire sure earned his purple paycheck tonight. Unbelievable. That s.o.b. single handedly beat us. He screwed us over not once, but TWICE on (El Toro Waste) calls. Judgement calls at that...and the dumbass didn't even get them right! The outcome of a game should never be decided by a judgement call.

darn TCU and their piece of [Craig James] umpires.

It sure is nice to be in the big boy leagues where the umps go for you against the little fella, and you have all the cash to boot. I was getting pretty sick of having it the other way around. I guess this is why all these massive companies pay so much for lobbyists to get the govt. to rig the laws of the marketplace in their favor. It feels good. Now if only we could just get fair-ish treatment in our conference games...

FrogsMcGee

TCU J-Sauce said:
Hahaha yeah I think FrogsMcGee started the woo'ing. That was hilarious.
Haha. Someone else in my vacinity had done a few full on Rick Flair wooooooos. I tried that but my voice couldn't handle it, so I just started making random woo-like noises and it seemed to work. Once that guy couldn't hit the strike zone I just kept going.

Ron Swanson

After my WatchESPN app shut down (17th inning I think), I called Frogs McGee to get an update, and it was like a halftime interview with Coach Patterson.

Dude's voice was shot to hell