• The KillerFrogs

TCU-Texas: 6:15 pm on ESPN

MAcFroggy

Looks like CBS pulled Bammer-LSU into prime time. I don't see a Fox game, and the World Series will finish on Nov 1 (if it goes seven). Surprised Fox put Bedlam on FS1 and not in primetime, for what should be a top 10 matchup. Fox must be pulling a B1G contest (probably of suckage)...

Other potentially big games that weekend are (rankings, obviously, will change):
- #2 Pedo St - #16 Mich St
- #7 Clemson - #14 NC State
- #13 Va Tech - #8 Da U
- #20 Stanford - #15 Wash St.

Those games are meh, very regional. We should do fine, ratings wise.

It seems like Fox is trying to move a lot of their marquee games to FS1. They have had a lot of good college football games on FS1 this season and have had baseball playoffs on FS1 the past two seasons. The only way for FS1 to gain a foothold is to put big games on that channel, so I think they are committed to doing that.

Probably means less exposure for the Big 12 and Pac 12, but it also means money for both conferences.

W

Way of the Frog

Of course, this is Killerfrogs. But I'll counter that you really need to be in your seats for when the team comes out of the portal on to the field through the fog, and the ribbon boards flash and pop and the Frog Horn sounds and the fireworks go off into the night sky announcing the best, toughest college football team in the land is on the field again.

People then are free to go back to their cars at half time and not come back like last week?

Ron Swanson

It seems like Fox is trying to move a lot of their marquee games to FS1. They have had a lot of good college football games on FS1 this season and have had baseball playoffs on FS1 the past two seasons. The only way for FS1 to gain a foothold is to put big games on that channel, so I think they are committed to doing that.

Probably means less exposure for the Big 12 and Pac 12, but it also means money for both conferences.

Yeah, Fox is clearly sacrificing short-term ratings in order to gain exposure for FS1 so that they can compete better with ESPN in the long-term.

MinFrog

As a bit of an aside, does anyone know when Sam E was sent to the turf and laid motionless for a minute or so against okie state? I wanted to go back and see if the announcers said anything about the obvious concussison, but didn't know when during the game that was.

frog-hat

As a bit of an aside, does anyone know when Sam E was sent to the turf and laid motionless for a minute or so against okie state? I wanted to go back and see if the announcers said anything about the obvious concussison, but didn't know when during the game that was.

I only watched some of the game off and on. I didn't see the referenced "minute or so". However a couple of plays before the ill-fated final interception he gets his head banged hard on the turf. I thought he was possibly concussed then based purely on the intensity of how hard his head hit the turf.

frog-hat

But apparently Herman nor anyone else on the sideline did...........????????????

Herman said Monday. "Obviously he was cleared enough to go back in the game. And at some point, during the game against Oklahoma State, something happened."

Brog

I hate myself for even saying this, but what's the coloring blocking scheme for it? Hoping all Purple!

My sources say they want plaid on the west side, checkerboard on the east side, solid purple north end zone, solid white, south end zone. A blurry can't tell one color from another in the alcohol infused club seats.

Last edited: