TCUdirtbag

Thought this deserved its own thread.

Big 12 selections:
- Kansas St @ Tech - 11 am FS1
- Baylor @ Kansas - 11 am FSSW
- Iowa St @ WVU - 2:30 pm ESPN2/U
- OU @ OSU - 3 pm FS1
- Texas @ TCU - 6:15 pm ESPN

Not sure what the ratings will be, as we’re up against primetime ABC, CBS and FOX games. Personally I don’t care. I love that this is a night game. We’ve given up 0 points in our two home night games this year.

Last edited:

dawg

EucIfYY.gif

S3NATOR

Love seeing GP's smile in the background of that pic above
LOL I was about to post the same thing. I feel like he probably spends most of his time figuring out ways to beat Texas and OU. Even though Texas has been down for years it is always good to beat big state schools.

TCUdirtbag

Just a note: this sets times/networks for all our 2017 home games. Here’s the rundown:
- 3 night/primetime games (TCU. KU, JSU)
- 2 mid-afternoon games (SMU, WVU)
- 1 morning kick (Baylor)

IMO, as a preseason unranked team, we should be over the moon at that time slot breakdown.

Now if we can somehow just avoid night kicks in Norman and Lubbock, this will be about as good of a time/tv schedule as we could reasonably hope for (for the record, though, I expect both of those games to be night games, especially OU).

lowfrog

Give it time. Someone will post that the weather will be too cool or how Night games affect families with children that have early bed times.

Of course, this is Killerfrogs. But I'll counter that you really need to be in your seats for when the team comes out of the portal on to the field through the fog, and the ribbon boards flash and pop and the Frog Horn sounds and the fireworks go off into the night sky announcing the best, toughest college football team in the land is on the field again.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Of course, this is Killerfrogs. But I'll counter that you really need to be in your seats for when the team comes out of the portal on to the field through the fog, and the ribbon boards flash and pop and the Frog Horn sounds and the fireworks go off into the night sky announcing the best, toughest college football team in the land is on the field again.
Actually Baylor is the toughest team in college football.

dawg

Not sure what the ratings will be, as we’re up against primetime ABC, CBS and FOX games.

Looks like CBS pulled Bammer-LSU into prime time. I don't see a Fox game, and the World Series will finish on Nov 1 (if it goes seven). Surprised Fox put Bedlam on FS1 and not in primetime, for what should be a top 10 matchup. Fox must be pulling a B1G contest (probably of suckage)...

Other potentially big games that weekend are (rankings, obviously, will change):
- #2 Pedo St - #16 Mich St
- #7 Clemson - #14 NC State
- #13 Va Tech - #8 Da U
- #20 Stanford - #15 Wash St.

Those games are meh, very regional. We should do fine, ratings wise.

MTfrog5

If Baylor loses this weekend I believe if they lose to Kansas they either tie or break Kansas record for most consecutive loses in conference

Purp

If Baylor loses this weekend I believe if they lose to Kansas they either tie or break Kansas record for most consecutive loses in conference
Someone posted that earlier in the year (maybe dirtbag?) and I think if Baylor loses out until they face Kansas they'll be tied for the most consecutive conference losses all time. If Kansas then won that game Baylor would break that record.

My opinion? Records are made to be broken.

BTW, love this time slot. I have drill that day so anything earlier than this and I'd have missed the game.