• The KillerFrogs

TCU Tennis

TCUdirtbag

BUMP

Championship match today at 11. Televised on FSN (see local listings)

Anyone that's up in Norman - keep us updated on weather and whether this thing gets moved indoors.

Pharm Frog

BUMP

Championship match today at 11. Televised on FSN (see local listings)

Anyone that's up in Norman - keep us updated on weather and whether this thing gets moved indoors.

I cannot imagine that it is gonna be played outdoors. There's flooding and downed power lines and more rain expected. That said, I was hoping to already learn something via Big 12 twitter.

Jared7

With 3 W's in the past 6 days over Top 10 teams, Texas Tech is clearly playing their best tennis of the year. They are now projected to jump into the Top 30 in the next ITA rankings which, under normal circumstances, would qualify the Red Raiders for an at large NCAA bid. But because they have a sub .500 record (13-14), that isn't possible and they have to win today to have a NCAA chance. It's win or go home. and for their seniors - Frog-killer Jolan Cailleau and Carlos Di Laura - it could be the last match of their college careers. Coach Masi and their team are aware of this and they're "not going to change a thing" and are going to play with "desperation." That means that the line-up will probably be #29 Cailleau, #79 Bjorn Thomson, Alex Sendegeya, Connor Curry, DiLaura and Jackson Cobb.

Meanwhile, the Frogs have made mincemeat out of the Big 12 which, with 4 Top 10 teams, 5 Top 15 teams and now mall 6 teams in the Top 30, are arguably the best college tennis conference. Our Big12 record in 6 matches is 28-3, which doesn't even include enough losses to lose one match, let alone 6. Can we clinch our 2nd straight tournament championship - the 8th all sports all-time in the Big12? It's on Fox Sports Southwest and Fox College Sports Central in less than an hour.

Pharm Frog

With 3 W's in the past 6 days over Top 10 teams, Texas Tech is clearly playing their best tennis of the year. They are now projected to jump into the Top 30 in the next ITA rankings which, under normal circumstances, would qualify the Red Raiders for an at large NCAA bid. But because they have a sub .500 record (13-14), that isn't possible and they have to win today to have a NCAA chance. It's win or go home. and for their seniors - Frog-killer Jolan Cailleau and Carlos Di Laura - it could be the last match of their college careers. Coach Masi and their team are aware of this and they're "not going to change a thing" and are going to play with "desperation." That means that the line-up will probably be #29 Cailleau, #79 Bjorn Thomson, Alex Sendegeya, Connor Curry, DiLaura and Jackson Cobb.

Meanwhile, the Frogs have made mincemeat out of the Big 12 which, with 4 Top 10 teams, 5 Top 15 teams and now mall 6 teams in the Top 30, are arguably the best college tennis conference. Our Big12 record in 6 matches is 28-3, which doesn't even include enough losses to lose one match, let alone 6. Can we clinch our 2nd straight tournament championship - the 8th all sports all-time in the Big12? It's on Fox Sports Southwest and Fox College Sports Central in less than an hour.

Do you think they'll still be able to televise if the matches are moved indoors?

Second question: for that seeding avoidance thing with Ohio State, do you think that its preferable to win or lose to TTU today? I know we are nestled in that #4 sweet spot that would appear to avoid them but does a win push the Frogs into a semi-final seeding match-up? Cart prior to horse type of speculation but just curious.

Jared7

Do you think they'll still be able to televise if the matches are moved indoors?

Second question: for that seeding avoidance thing with Ohio State, do you think that its preferable to win or lose to TTU today? I know we are nestled in that #4 sweet spot that would appear to avoid them but does a win push the Frogs into a semi-final seeding match-up? Cart prior to horse type of speculation but just curious.
I have no idea, but televising championships in all sports is definitely part of the Big12's vaunted TV deal with Fox, so they better be able to or they'll be in breach of contract. (In any event, I expect the coverage to be cheesyo_O).

That's Jake's view - I don't care so much. I agree with him that we don't want any part of the Buckeyes or Torp or DiFeo (having seen them a week ago), but I'd prefer that happen as a result of someone upsetting them in the 1st round. I'd prefer that we win and wallop Tech and send them home with their tail between their legs!

Late change - Pyry Hyrkkonen will play #6 for Tech in singles.

Last edited: