• The KillerFrogs

TCU Tailgating Chair

halfwaytoheaven

Anyone know where I can find a TCU folding chair for tailgating? I've tried a few websites, but they keep telling me they're out of stock. Is there an Academy or something in the area that has them?

Houston Frog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Mar 25 2010, 02:18 PM) [snapback]535357[/snapback]
Anyone know where I can find a TCU folding chair for tailgating? I've tried a few websites, but they keep telling me they're out of stock. Is there an Academy or something in the area that has them?

Pretty sure they have them at the Albertson's on Berry/University

Big Frog II

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Mar 25 2010, 01:18 PM) [snapback]535357[/snapback]

Did you try the TCU bookstore? I don't think I've seen that at Academy. How about the old Minyards turned Albertsons in Westcliff?

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 07:21 PM) [snapback]535359[/snapback]

Albertson's at Berry/University no longer exists, it's in the process of becoming a Kroger. Albertson's moved into the old Minyards at the Westcliff shopping center.

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 02:21 PM) [snapback]535359[/snapback]

Think that Albertsons is closed and kroger is taking over.

Last season I got about some new chairs at bed bath and beyond. They always have coupons for 10$ off or what not and got them for really inexpensive. Granted these probably are not the most comfortable ones you can get, you really cant beat the price at 16$ a chair or so.

Houston Frog

Aren't Alberton's and Kroger's the same thing? Or is that Tom Thumb and Kroger's? Or is that Randall's and Tom Thumb? Or Randall's and Albertson's?

All I know is that we don't have Alberton's or Tom Thumb in Houston, and they have both of them in Fort Worth. I didn't think they had Kroger's or Randall's in Fort Worth.

leofrog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]535373[/snapback]
Aren't Alberton's and Kroger's the same thing? Or is that Tom Thumb and Kroger's? Or is that Randall's and Tom Thumb? Or Randall's and Albertson's?

All I know is that we don't have Alberton's or Tom Thumb in Houston, and they have both of them in Fort Worth. I didn't think they had Kroger's or Randall's in Fort Worth.

Randall's used to own Tom Thumb. Now they are both owned by Safeway. So Houston's Randall's is Fort Worth's Tom Thumb.

Frogenstein

Your best bet, which was mentioned above, is the Albertsons in the Westcliff shopping center. They had a bunch of them while they were located on University I'ld try giving them a call as I know they are selling TCU merchandise at the new location.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 02:21 PM) [snapback]535359[/snapback]

Not anymore

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 01:40 PM) [snapback]535373[/snapback]

All I know is that we don't have Albertson's or Tom Thumb in Houston, and they have both of them in Fort Worth. I didn't think they had Kroger's or Randall's in Fort Worth.

FW needs an H-E-B.
None of the above have better frozen chinese food than HEB.

Flash does not have any tailgate chairs at the moment. All TCU Tailgate items are purchased just before football season. I do know we are ordering some 12 foot feather flags for tailgates and to put in your yard. New flags are being looked at, and the store has gone through a major overhall, no more greek so more TCU items fit. Just message me if you are looking for something.

TCURiggs

QUOTE(GERGreg427 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:03 PM) [snapback]535474[/snapback]
Flash does not have any tailgate chairs at the moment. All TCU Tailgate items are purchased just before football season. I do know we are ordering some 12 foot feather flags for tailgates and to put in your yard. New flags are being looked at, and the store has gone through a major overhall, no more greek so more TCU items fit. Just message me if you are looking for something.

Not sure what a "feather" flag is, but I might have to purchase one just b/c it's 12 foot.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(TCURiggs @ Mar 25 2010, 05:09 PM) [snapback]535480[/snapback]
Not sure what a "feather" flag is, but I might have to purchase one just b/c it's 12 foot.

It's the gay cousin of the flag family

tcudoc

QUOTE(GERGreg427 @ Mar 25 2010, 05:03 PM) [snapback]535474[/snapback]
New flags are being looked at, and the store has gone through a major overhall, no more greek so more TCU items fit. Just message me if you are looking for something.

I have been looking for a few years for the TCU flag that is a Texas flag with a horned frog instead of the star. You got one of those??

tcudoc

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Mar 25 2010, 06:22 PM) [snapback]535502[/snapback]
It's the gay cousin of the flag family

:biggrin: :biggrin:

mrnicefrog

Speaking of "flags" I got my chairs at Dick's. :biggrin:

Seriously, the Dick's Sporting goods at Northeast Mall in Hurst had TCU chairs for like $25 or so during the season. I just looked online and they didn't have any, but did have a ton
of cool TCU stuff.