• The KillerFrogs

TCU Super Regional

SnoSki

More like good-byeiermann, amirite?
TexAgs have been trying to give the pink slip to their HC for three years. They just wish the had Schloss. Aggie, doing less with more for decades.

Bingo. Ask any poster on texags if they'd rather have Childress or Schloss (who has outcoached childress over and over again). The Aggies should be counting their blessings they didn't get to spend a weekend in Fort Worth playing a real baseball team.

TCUdirtbag

Anyone know for
Certain if we play Saturday or
Sunday?

As always, we won't know for certain until the NCAA releases the schedule. The NCAA will not release the schedule until the entire field is set. The entire field will not be set until the Gainesville Super Regional concludes. Game 2 was suspended and will finish on Monday. A game 3 may or may not be necessary.. Presumably it would be played tomorrow after the conclusion of Game 2.

If I were betting, if LSU wins tonight, then I'd bet our bracket goes Sunday since UF/Wake are on our side and would be the last team playing in Supers. That said, TV will be a factor and you can expect LSU, if they win, to go in prime time vs. Florida State on whatever day and whichever slot ESPN sells the most ad $s.

Personally, I prefer the Saturday bracket to maximize our potential rest for pitchers during the series. We'll see Janczak in game 1 and Howard in game 2, so they'll each go on at least a full week+ of rest.

cdsfrog

Incredible. The pitching performances by our starters have been masterful. Overall as a team, what an amazing all around performance.

TCU sweeping regionals with one of the hardest brackets and sweeping supers justifies their ridiculous hype to start the season.

Please let us send Aggy packing from the Cws their tears would be delicious.

TCUdirtbag

Incredible. The pitching performances by our starters have been masterful. Overall as a team, what an amazing all around performance.

Tcu sweeping regionals with one of the hardest brackets and sweeping supers justifies their ridiculous hype to start the season.

Please let us send Aggy packing from the Cws their tears would be delicious.

To be honest, I'd prefer they go 0-2 while we go 5-0 and never see them.

cdsfrog

To be honest, I'd prefer they go 0-2 while we go 5-0 and never see them.

Interesting, their fans are just so pathetic whiny and awful that I can't help.

Who is the better of the two in the Aggy matchup? They definitely had the easiest route to the cws I can ever remember; 93% chance to win the super.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Surprised we managed to win without getting a bunch of walks from the other pitching staff.

So, are we still really bad at baseball?

Two of our three runs on Saturday were directly or indirectly walk related and we did get five walks yesterday which helped wear out pitchers. Five walks is a pretty good amount. Mock if you want but that's our game and the reason the broadcasts kept showing the "free bases" chart in the clubhouse.

Pharm Frog

What? Wade has been a spark plug all season, yes. "Fortunate to win" without him starring, is a bit much. I think we are seeing what championship teams do. They rise to the occasion. See: EB, CWar, Pitchers, even Merrill and JW.

Nice to post after the series. If I'd have told you before that Wade would go 0-8 in the series (our only .300+ hitter) after watching this team flail around when we had been out of the lineup earlier this season, what would you have felt?

I guess I should have been more specific and said that we would have a realistic shot at winning when our pitching staff gives up a total of three runs in the series. Shut down pitching wins games and we got that. I thought we'd need five runs a game based on everything I'd seen this season (including what I'd seen from MSU). We didn't need anywhere close to that.

f_399

It wasn't perfect but they got the job done!

Their pitcher pretty much shut us down Saturday but skougs heroics got us the win. I hope skoug continuous his roll throughout the cws.

Pitching looked good, offense needs some work especially with the quality of opposing pitching ramping up.

Sand Frog

Nice to post after the series. If I'd have told you before that Wade would go 0-8 in the series (our only .300+ hitter) after watching this team flail around when we had been out of the lineup earlier this season, what would you have felt?

I guess I should have been more specific and said that we would have a realistic shot at winning when our pitching staff gives up a total of three runs in the series. Shut down pitching wins games and we got that. I thought we'd need five runs a game based on everything I'd seen this season (including what I'd seen from MSU). We didn't need anywhere close to that.

So which is it? You say walks are our game. Wade has reached in 12 straight games, but if he doesn't hit we can't win. Stop straddling the fence!!!!! :)

Armadillo

I'm wondering if Wade isn't yet back to 100% yet? That was a nasty crash into the wall a few weeks back and he may not be at full speed yet.

zfrawg

I'm wondering if Wade isn't yet back to 100% yet? That was a nasty crash into the wall a few weeks back and he may not be at full speed yet.

if not, he's pretty close to 100% I think. to me, he appears to have lost his feel for the strike zone and is chasing more than we've seen him over the season. hopefully some of that's been due to "questionable" umpiring behind the plate and with a more true zone, we'll see the hitter we've enjoyed all year.