• The KillerFrogs

TCU SMU Game Thread

dawg

Moose Stuff said:
Great ending in SLC. Utah TD with 16 seconds left to go up 31-27. Converted multiple 4th downs on the drive including one when they could have kicked a 37 yard FG to tie.
Good for Utah; that was a hell of a drive.

TCURiggs

Moose Stuff said:
Great ending in SLC. Utah TD with 16 seconds left to go up 31-27. Converted multiple 4th downs on the drive including one when they could have kicked a 37 yard FG to tie.

I've always had a respect for Utah and Wittingham. Dude has some stones... wish we'd show a little more of that on offense.

cdsfrog said:

I love Hill as a player but look at his body language. He still is not connecting with players and his has this arrogance that pisses off a lot of TCU fans. I'm ok with in when he is killing it, not much when we horrible in the 1st half. I want to be OU, and if we play like we did in the 2nd half for an ENTIRE GAME, we might beat them.

Hill has so much potential, BUT i get the frustration of many.
This post is bi-polar

frognutz

Moose Stuff said:

Thanks from those with the game on DVR avoiding the thread about other games this week.

PapaBear

cdsfrog said:

Thing is, Hill has this thing where in absolute pure clutch moments, he has a total confidence about himself. Almost like no biggie I got this. I saw it high school, I see it now and I love it when it works for the positive.
Frankly I have no (mating between Steel & 2314) clue what will happen next week. Absolutely no idea.
yea but he also puts you in the clutch moments just like he did at Aggie. Bama wins partly because whoever they put out there isn't risky

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

Between cds' hot-takes on stadium construction and CFB player evaluation, I think his head has just exploded all over the message board today.
Haha. Stadium is one thing. Definitely was drunk last night. Hadn't drank in 3 weeks cause of the flu, pneumonia and finally stomach virus.

As for Hill, I'm a huge defender his of his despite the fact that I understand people's frustrations. People still keep comparing him to the QB of last year which is horribly unfair.

Despite 20+ drops in 3 games he's on pace for just under 4500 passing yards, 500 rushing yards and 36 overall TDs. That's for 12 games not 13 too. 66% completion despite 10% of his attempts being flat drops.

frognutz said:

Thanks from those with the game on DVR avoiding the thread about other games this week.
Unless you move to a Trappist monastery while you DVR a game these days forget it. Are you really bitching about spoilers while perusing a sports message board live? I assume you mean to be funny

cdsfrog

PapaBear said:
yea but he also puts you in the clutch moments just like he did at Aggie. Bama wins partly because whoever they put out there isn't risky
I can deal with the risk. Worth the reward in this case. Now I can't deal with the risk of my entire team raping the whole university. But that's just me.

Moose Stuff

PapaBear said:
Bama wins because they have a whole bunch of really good players and the best coach in America.

cdsfrog

Moose Stuff said:
Bama wins because they have a whole bunch of really good players and the best coach in America.

Urban is right behind him and 12 years younger. Granted for our team I'm not sure I could ever want a different coach over Patterson. Hope he finds enjoyment in coaching for another 15 years

frognutz

Prince of Purpoole said:
Unless you move to a Trappist monastery while you DVR a game these days forget it. Are you really [2314ing] about spoilers while perusing a sports message board live? I assume you mean to be funny

Jokes land some time.  Sometimes not.  I am pretty good at putting the blinders on when I've got a good game recorded to watch tho.  That was a great 4th quarter.