• The KillerFrogs

TCU SMU Game Thread

cdsfrog

Chongo94 said:
Well see now I wanna know more about this because I didn't feel like any ego was projected tonight...so why do you think that? Now I agree, I'm one of those give the ball to the refs when you score guy and that has since been corrected. And he has (so far as we know I'm assuming) stayed out of trouble...so why do you think he has one? Honest question here...

And I totally agree, Sawyer would get destroyed. I'm honestly worried about Hill versus OU given some of the hits he took tonight too. That game in general scares me and I don't have a good feeling about it sadly.

Thing is, Hill has this thing where in absolute pure clutch moments, he has a total confidence about himself. Almost like no biggie I got this. I saw it high school, I see it now and I love it when it works for the positive.
Frankly I have no (mating between Steel & 2314) clue what will happen next week. Absolutely no idea.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

I really have no idea what you could've seen from him tonight to have this opinion.

Take a lap, or get some sleep, or something. 

Probably drink less but I have been watching hill for 6 years. Pretty sure I have a good beat on it. Also met the guy several times, and he took my dads class before joining the football team.

Sawyer aka Leeroy Jenkins is not awful. He's crazy but has potential to be really good.
Kinda want to see that crazy with results. Just throwing downfield left and right. 

I make fun but if Sawyer, but if Hill got hurt we have one of the best backups in the big 12.

OmniscienceFrog

LisaLT said:
Well a rough disturbing start turned into a fine second half.
That is/has happened often enough now to call it more than a trend.  Somebody needs to figure out what they need to do during the weeks practice to be more successful in the first half of games, rather than needing halftime of the game to make the necessary adjustments. 

Mean Purple

I don't think Kenny has an ego problem. The opposite. I worry sometimes that he is too even keeled. But if they are going to put him in 3rd and 2, 3rd and 4, etc. and put him in a position to only throw the ball... he's gonna need to be calm to keep the game going when he has nobody to throw to and has to run for loss and try and stay in FG range.

Foster will be good, but we won't see that until he plays with the ones.

Much of the first half had a lot to do with some plays called in the red zone. We brought in a big back that we out recruited others for. Use him more.

I hope we don't get Kenny hurt with these game plans.

Chongo94

cdsfrog said:

Thing is, Hill has this thing where in absolute pure clutch moments, he has a total confidence about him. Almost like no biggie I got this. I saw it high school, I see it now and I love it when it works for the positive.
Frankly I have no (mating between Steel & 2314) clue what will happen next week. Absolutely no idea.
And I think that goes to the wishing for a complete game folks. I mean dude threw for 452 yards while seemingly being average in one half! Can you imagine if he played a complete game?!....well can you just imagine if the whole team played a complete game??

It's very frustrating. These slow first halves will begin to bite us in conference play I'm afraid.

Chongo94

Mean Purple said:
I don't think Kenny has an ego problem. The opposite. I worry sometimes that he is too even keeled. But if they are going to put him in 3rd and 2, 3rd and 4, etc. and put him in a position to only throw the ball... he's gonna need to be calm to keep the game going when he has nobody to throw to and has to run for loss and try and stay in FG range.

Foster will be good, but we won't see that until he plays with the ones.

Much of the first half had a lot to do with some plays called in the red zone. We brought in a big back that we out recruited others for. Use him more.

I hope we don't get Kenny hurt with these game plans.
I for one will be glad when we forever retire the friggin' fade when on the 10 yard line or less...

cdsfrog

Chongo94 said:
And I think that goes to the wishing for a complete game folks. I mean dude threw for 452 yards while seemingly being average in one half! Can you imagine if he played a complete game?!....well can you just imagine if the whole team played a complete game??

It's very frustrating. These slow first halves will begin to bite us in conference play I'm afraid.

Now we are on the same page. I love Kenny for his ability. He infuriates me when it's comes to consistency but the whole team is like that so I give him a pass.

Shout out to the defense. Consistent all night!

nwlafrog

cdsfrog said:

Probably drink less but I have been watching hill for 6 years. Pretty sure I have a good beat on it. Also met the guy several times, and he took my dads class before joining the football team.

Sawyer aka Leeroy Jenkins is not awful. He's crazy but has potential to be really good.
Kinda want to see that crazy with results. Just throwing downfield left and right. 

I make fun but if Sawyer, but if Hill got hurt we have one of the best backups in the big 12.
This is the second time that I've heard someone say that he's "crazy" or "weird"... I would like some elaboration on the matter, please.

Edit-- pm me if you don't want to tell the board his bidness.... I'm just confused because I don't see it. He just seems like a tough competitor who doesn't get down on himself. Maybe I'm missing something.

cdsfrog

nwlafrog said:
This is the second time that I've heard someone say that he's "crazy" or "weird"... I would like some elaboration on the matter, please.

Edit-- pm me of you don't want to tell the board his bidness.... I'm just confused because I don't see it.

I'd rather not.  Let's just say OU last year, the definition of insanity is.....

nwlafrog

cdsfrog said:

I'd rather not.  Let's just say OU last year, the definition of insanity is.....
That explains absolutely nothing to me. Not trying to be a dick or say you're wrong. I'm just not seeing what you are saying.

Mean Purple

Keep in mind. TCU won tonight. On the road, in a rival game. We keep the Skillet and we did not let SMU in the end zone. SMU only scored 3 points on their home field. When they went to play Rapey McRapefest, they scored 13 points.

Moose Stuff

cdsfrog said:

I love Hill as a player but look at his body language. He still is not connecting with players and his has this arrogance that pisses off a lot of TCU fans. I'm ok with in when he is killing it, not much when we horrible in the 1st half. I want to be OU, and if we play like we did in the 2nd half for an ENTIRE GAME, we might beat them.

Hill has so much potential, BUT i get the frustration of many.
I don't give one scheiss about how our fans feel about Kenny's perceived arrogance. I want my QB to think he's pretty damn good and have seen nothing from him that says he has an ego that interferes with him succeeding.

Mean Purple said:
Keep in mind. TCU won tonight. On the road, in a rival game. We keep the Skillet and we did not let SMU in the end zone. SMU only scored 3 points on their home field. When they went to play Rapey McRapefest, they scored 13 points.

3 points in 2 years on their home field LOL

cdsfrog

Moose Stuff said:
I don't give one (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) about how our fans feel about Kenny's perceived arrogance. I want my QB to think he's pretty damn good and have seen nothing from him that says he has an ego that interferes with him succeeding.

Agreed. I'm just saying I understand it. I'm totally good with it. A QB should be arrogant.