• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf

JogginFrog

Hoge finishes T4 at Barracuda Championship; he earns $145,200 (my calculation; haven't seen official payout yet), so a great week for him. Also moves from 181 to 163 in FedEx Cup standings. He'll need another check to avoid dropping into the Web.com Finals series, as will J.J. Henry, who missed the cut.

Paul Barjon shoots 64-68-69-66 to finish T8 in the Web.com tour's Ellie Mae Classic. He moves up on that tour's list from 142 to 109, but he'll need another check to get into the Finals series (top 75 get in). They have three more events.

Angela Stanford missed out on the Solheim Cup following a missed cut at the Women's British Open. Inkster used her captain's picks on Austin Ernst and Angel Yin, the latter a rookie who has finished in the top 15 three of her last four starts).

Up this week, U.S. Women's Amateur for current Frogs Emmy Martin and Annika Clark.

frognutz

I played golf for TCU for a year before washing out. Wanting to get boys going with golf. 11 and 8. Anyone have any suggestions for instructors or lessons in Dallas?

JogginFrog

Annika Clark posts 74 (+2); Emmy Martin 77.

Martin had a solid back nine after a rough start. Clark was on cruise control until three late bogies.

Lots of black numbers being posted and lots of players still on the course. Guessing that Clark will be around T45 and Martin around T90 at the end of the day

Edit: With all first-round scores in the books, Clark is T45 and Martin is T94. If conditions are the same tomorrow, the cumulative score to advance is likely to be around +5.

Last edited:

monkeyfishfrog

I played golf for TCU for a year before washing out. Wanting to get boys going with golf. 11 and 8. Anyone have any suggestions for instructors or lessons in Dallas?

I like Michael Martin who is a Frog and an outstanding instructor. Unfortunately recently moved from Sinclair in Euless to Leonard's west of FW. I'm also in Dallas, it would be a hike. He has worked with TCU players/collegiate level and came to me very highly recommended.

Horned Toad

I like Michael Martin who is a Frog and an outstanding instructor. Unfortunately recently moved from Sinclair in Euless to Leonard's west of FW. I'm also in Dallas, it would be a hike. He has worked with TCU players/collegiate level and came to me very highly recommended.
I like Michael Martin too for juniors. Taught my daughter and she ended up the 7-5A city champ her senior year in high school. First Tee Frog knows how to contact him if anyone is on the west side of Fort Worth and needs a great instructor.

JogginFrog

U.S. Amateur update:

Same story, second verse.

Martin got off to another rough start (+4 thru 3) and never threatened to advance.

Clark got off to another great start (-2 thru 5), made the turn at even...then shot 41 on her second nine, including a bogey-bogey finish to miss advancing by one shot.

Learning experiences.

JogginFrog

Annika Clark and Brooke McDougald finish second at the Texas Women's Four Ball. They shot a best-ball 65 today, which was the best single-round score in the two-day tournament, but not quite enough to catch Lauren Comegys (plays for JMU) and Ann Parmerter (DBU), who held on to win by a stroke.

First Tee Frog

Annika Clark and Brooke McDougald finish second at the Texas Women's Four Ball. They shot a best-ball 65 today, which was the best single-round score in the two-day tournament, but not quite enough to catch Lauren Comegys (plays for JMU) and Ann Parmerter (DBU), who held on to win by a stroke.

Talked to Brooke afterwards and she was fired up. Said she played really well and hit it great. We really need her to step up and play great this year. Top two with Emmy and Annika are set. Need Brooke and Tiffany to step up and continue to improve. 3 new faces will be mixed in as well. Greta Bruner is a transfer from Tulsa, Grace Do is a freshman from Dallas area and then a transfer from Georgia southern that I know very little about.

JogginFrog

J.J. Henry goes 66-70 to make the cut at the Wyndham. It's the last regular-season event and he's ranked 134 (top 125 will earn him a tour card for 2018).

Looks like he'll need to finish around 10th to pick up enough points to advance. He'll need to pick up 5 shots over the weekend.

JogginFrog

J.J. making a move. He's made 5 birdies against no bogeys through 16 holes and has moved from T44 to T10. Still work to do, but he's put himself in position where he could retain his card with another good round.

Updated Edit after 3rd round complete: Costly three-putt on 18 puts J.J. at T23 for the tournament, with projected Fedex points standing of 129. Several other guys whose scores will have an impact on their own and J.J.'s quest to make the top 125 include Vaughn Taylor, Sam Saunders, Harold Varner, Shane Lowry, Rory Sabbatini, Geoff Ogilvy and Richy Werenski. The worse they do, the better for J.J. Also, pull for someone already in the current top 125 to win.

Watch FedEx Cup Standings tomorrow in real time in the far right columns of the online leaderboard at http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html .

Last edited: