• The KillerFrogs

TCU Fraternities

tcumaniac

So as many of y'all know, I'll be a freshmen this year. I've been doing rush events all summer and meeting with different frats... I'm just curious as to y'alls different opinions on different frats and their stereotypes. Feel free to bring up the different sororities. I know nothing of those.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 03:55 PM) [snapback]609156[/snapback]
Go by what you feel is the best. Don't let everyone else decide for you.

Wasn't in a frat (played baseball), but the above is generally good advice for anything you do the rest of your life. Wouldn't worry too much about the sorority part of the equation either.

jake102

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Aug 8 2010, 05:10 PM) [snapback]609165[/snapback]
Go with the guys that have the coolest pastel polo/boat shoes/crockie combo

That's how I decided.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Aug 8 2010, 05:10 PM) [snapback]609165[/snapback]
Go with the guys that have the coolest pastel polo/boat shoes/crockie combo

:laugh:

Now we got us a thread goin'...

popcorn.gif

(and didn't you mean "croakie"?)

FrogsMcGee

Good lord. From henceforth, never use the word 'frat' again. There is a corny saying about not shortening the word 'country'. I'll spare you the details.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(Jake102 @ Aug 8 2010, 04:57 PM) [snapback]609157[/snapback]
Sigma Chi are cool guys... Sig Ep and Pi Kapp are more academic minded frats if that is your thing.

Holy cow! When did the Sig Eps become "academic minded"?

Major change from my days...

mrnicefrog

QUOTE(tcumaniac @ Aug 8 2010, 04:54 PM) [snapback]609155[/snapback]
So as many of y'all know, I'll be a freshmen this year. I've been doing rush events all summer and meeting with different frats... I'm just curious as to y'alls different opinions on different frats and their stereotypes. Feel free to bring up the different sororities. I know nothing of those.

Avoid them all. Make friends; don't buy them. They last longer that way I promise you.

TheSheik

QUOTE(FrogsMcGee @ Aug 8 2010, 05:19 PM) [snapback]609174[/snapback]
Good lord. From henceforth, never use the word 'frat' again. There is a corny saying about not shortening the word 'country'. I'll spare you the details.

Going forward, please refrain from using the phrase henceforth :biggrin:

TheSheik

QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Aug 8 2010, 05:16 PM) [snapback]609171[/snapback]
:laugh:

Now we got us a thread goin'...

popcorn.gif

(and didn't you mean "croakie"?)

Ah yes, meant croakie, I know you know all about those croakies Shivas :biggrin:

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(mrnicefrog @ Aug 8 2010, 05:20 PM) [snapback]609176[/snapback]
Avoid them all. Make friends; don't buy them. They last longer that way I promise you.

+1

TheSheik

QUOTE(mrnicefrog @ Aug 8 2010, 05:20 PM) [snapback]609176[/snapback]

are you talking about hookers or fraternities?

FrogsMcGee

BTW, I wouldn't pay attention to the stereotypes posted by people on this board. Most of us have been out of school for several years now. The makeup of fraternities changes quite a bit from pledge class to pledge class. Some of the stereotypes remain, but I wouldn't let the opinions on this board influence your decision whatsoever.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Aug 8 2010, 05:21 PM) [snapback]609178[/snapback]
...I know you know all about those croakies Shivas :biggrin:

That's right. I was schooled in croakie usage and collar-popping by a couple of high profile frat stylists. :tongue:

jake102

QUOTE(FrogsMcGee @ Aug 8 2010, 05:29 PM) [snapback]609185[/snapback]
BTW, I wouldn't pay attention to the stereotypes posted by people on this board. Most of us have been out of school for several years now. The makeup of fraternities changes quite a bit from pledge class to pledge class. Some of the stereotypes remain, but I wouldn't let the opinions on this board influence your decision whatsoever.

Here are the current stereotypes from a current student. These are stereotypes and you can find all different people in every fraternity.

Sig Ep - Largest frat... good academics. No pledgeship.
Pi Kapp - Best academics. No real pledgeship.
Phi Kapp - Work-out all day. Haze hardcore. Get in trouble often
Fiji - a mix and match of different types of people. Decent academics. Possibly on probation now...not sure.
Delt - used to be the "worst". Getting "better"... whatever that means.
SAE - "rich". Only take people from Dallas and Houston. Lots of hazing.
Lambda - athletic.... decent academics. tough hazing.
Phi Delt - "country" and "rich". Known as being "true" Texans
Sigma Chi - stoners. Laid back and just like to have fun.
Kappa Sig - "rich" and party hard. Decent amount of hazing.

None of these are true, but they are the current stereotypes.

TheSheik

QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Aug 8 2010, 05:31 PM) [snapback]609186[/snapback]
That's right. I was schooled in croakie usage and collar-popping by a couple of high profile frat stylists. :tongue:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :laugh:

I heard that the SAE's just signed a new 3 year exclusive marketing contract with Ralph Lauren to wear their new "Easter Egg" line of polos.