• The KillerFrogs

TCU Curse On TEAMS We Play!

Can someone track the legendary TCU CURSE! After a team plays us they lose the next game 95% of the time. I think this happens due to our physical nature and we beat other teams up win or lose the other team suffers. What does the board think?

TK2000

I think your percentage is way too high. And we used to beat teams up.....2015/2016 our D didn't really bring much heavy hitting IMO.

Good news is this years group look like some of our old defenses.

Cougar/Frog

That was very true, back in the pre Big 12 days. It continues to a point now, but with greater depth the Big 12 has at most schools not named Kansas, they usually just struggle.

For bettors, it is usually safe to bet against teams that played TCU the week prior.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
If you're going by this year alone the curse has only claimed a 66% rate with SMU beating the odds after playing the Frogs.

Planks

I believe the rule only applied to our first year in the big 12. That year big 12 teams were something like 1-8 or 0-9 the week after playing TCU.

Zubaz

Can someone track the legendary TCU CURSE! After a team plays us they lose the next game 95% of the time. I think this happens due to our physical nature and we beat other teams up win or lose the other team suffers. What does the board think?
2016: 4-6. Most of those losses are what you would expect, the big surprises being WVU losing to OSU, and Texas Tech losing to Texas (it's 10 games because Texas' last game was against us, and our game against Kansas State was the last for both before the bowl games)
2015: 5-7. Biggest surprise there was Texas beating OU after we beat them.

So it's about what you would expect, the bad teams generally lose after they play us, the good teams generally win, and there's a few surprises here and there.

Latest posts