• The KillerFrogs

TCU @ Cal Game Thursday Thread

sdfrog

Avid reader, rare poster. Diehard Frog.

I'm going to the game on Sat with my kids. What is the protocol for wooing? In what situations might it be appropriate? When the opposing pitcher is rattled?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
WE WIN!!
ren_and_stimpy02_1024.jpg

SnoSki

Avid reader, rare poster. Diehard Frog.

I'm going to the game on Sat with my kids. What is the protocol for wooing? In what situations might it be appropriate? When the opposing pitcher is rattled?

Mostly that, also errors, maybe even pitches that are called a ball if it's a tie/close game late.

flyfishingfrog

He threw 8 pitches, 6 for strikes, including 3 first pitch strikes. Sounds like he had pretty good control.
could be for sure - let's hope he got it back

I think they swung at all but one of those so it's hard to tell how good it was over the radio

Cal obviously wanted to hit him with their plate approach

cdsfrog

Ball pitches especially higher counts later in the game. Early wooing is often not useful imo.

Wild pitches, balks, hbp, walks. Some frog fans hate even when it's used properly. I don't mind it and feel like many take it way too seriously.

Last edited:

Casey T

I was at the cardinals game Wednesday night which went to 13 innings till midnight. In the 13th some dumb fan let out a loud ass woooo and then what was left of the stadium started doing it for a solid inning. Late night and everyone getting antsy. Except they were doing it when the cards were pitching, which led to the red sox scoring a run in the 13th and the cards eventually losing. It was weird.