• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball Team Mom?

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 20 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]344986[/snapback]
You are hands down the most pompous fool I've ever encountered on this board. My SOLE contributions to this thread are two posts saying that IF you posted anything critical about this lady that you were a first class jerk. If you took the time to read what I said instead of crafting some over the top response to prove how smart you are, you would also notice that I NEVER asked for anything that was posted to be removed nor did I thank anybody for removing it. It's quite simple really, you criticized her (at least I think you did, notice my use of the word IF in my original post), and then I criticized you. Of course when I did it you chose to sarcastically label me as "broad minded and tolerant" as if your criticism of her was somehow more valid than my criticism of you. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. You prove my original accusation to be true with every word you type.

Yes, I see. You didn't criticize SFA Frog or 82Frog for posting her name, her image, her husband's name, or their alma mater affiliation. It's only Deep, who had the gall to post a mixed review of the fan in question -- not an "attack" as has been charged, but something less than unmixed praise -- who's the "pompous fool." Right, got it.

Come to think of it, I also know her daughter and didn't post that name here because it hadn't previously been revealed by anyone else. So I guess I missed an angle in my "personal atack." Oh well, nobody's perfect. Except for TCU Baseball Mom, of course.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 20 2009, 11:54 PM) [snapback]344995[/snapback]
You obviously have an axe to grind with her. Do it somewhere less public. For someone who has been taken the high road and very respectful of the opinions of others on the general board your comments about her are shocking.

The very reason I didn't speak up sooner is because I knew you would argue on for multiple pages wether you had a point or not. I see that my suspicions were correct.

No ax to grind here other than the right of a poster to state a mixed opinion based on firsthand acquaintance, even if it doesn't follow the cultic groupthink based on no personal knowledge.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 21 2009, 01:31 AM) [snapback]345001[/snapback]
No ax to grind here other than the right of a poster to state a mixed opinion based on firsthand acquaintance, even if it doesn't follow the cultic groupthink based on no personal knowledge.

Why do you continue to claim that nobody else participating in this thread has any "firsthand knowledge" of Dolores? It's quite an ignorant statement to make in my opinion. I get to about 5 TCU baseball home games a year. I'd love to come to more, but those on the board who know me understand fully why I don't. I can't say that I've been to more than a couple games over the last decade where I didn't see Dolores walk in (right past my seat) and sit in the section next to mine. Without fail she has said "Hello" to me and usually to the group sitting around me as well. And on more than one occasion I've mentioned to her that I rarely see a fan with her passion in my travels around the state and country. She has no idea who I am, as I'd rather remain somewhat anonymous when I'm at the stadium, but I can assure you that I have "personal knowledge" of her.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 21 2009, 01:23 AM) [snapback]345000[/snapback]
Yes, I see. You didn't criticize SFA Frog or 82Frog for posting her name, her image, her husband's name, or their alma mater affiliation. It's only Deep, who had the gall to post a mixed review of the fan in question -- not an "attack" as has been charged, but something less than unmixed praise -- who's the "pompous fool." Right, got it.

Come to think of it, I also know her daughter and didn't post that name here because it hadn't previously been revealed by anyone else. So I guess I missed an angle in my "personal atack." Oh well, nobody's perfect. Except for TCU Baseball Mom, of course.

I'm not shocked at all that you don't have the balls to address the fact that you accused me of something that I clearly NEVER DID. Different set of rules of for you than for everybody else I guess. Pathetic.

macaroni

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 21 2009, 12:07 AM) [snapback]344999[/snapback]
However classless in your opinion, I didn't post her name and image here. That was done by others before I even entered the thread. So perhaps you'd do better to re-target instead of following the lynch mob.

Moreover, I didn't "attack" her. It seems that the following comments have been completely lost in all the frenzied groupthink:

In short, I committed the unpardonable crime of posting a mixed opinion. Quick! Grab the torches and pitchforks!

The outrage seems to be over the fact that I didn't join the cult of veneration and post unmixed praise. Praise, I should add, from people who largely don't know the person they're praising.

Deep, the article was about her love of TCU not how she once performed her duties in the business office. That you decided to go there made a lot of people, including me, uncomfortable. Mama always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And since I never said anything at all in this case, you can hardly accuse me of "joining a cult of veneration".

Spike

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 21 2009, 02:51 PM) [snapback]345017[/snapback]
Deep, the article was about her love of TCU not how she once performed her duties in the business office. That you decided to go there made a lot of people, including me, uncomfortable. Mama always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And since I never said anything at all in this case, you can hardly accuse me of "joining a cult of veneration".

Hey Top,
If she's a member of the cult of veneration can we get her an honorary membership with the bermites?

Spike

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 21 2009, 06:31 AM) [snapback]345001[/snapback]

If you don't have some kind of personal beef with her than it makes your criticism of her that much more disturbing.

Considering I've been to just about every baseball game this year, including the conference tournament, regionals, and super regionals, I just might have some "personal knowledge". I've never debated the factual content of your criticisms. I don't think they need to be broadcast over the world wide web for the world to see when she has already been identified by name and photo.

It's one thing for me to say Deep Purple is the most pompous and verbose man I know. It's quite another for me to chime after your name and photo have been posted and say John Smith (whatever your real name is) is the most pompous and verbose man I know. The only reason you refuse to acknowledge the distinction is because you cannot acknowledge that you are wrong. It is for this reason that you will probably continue to argue this thread indefinitely as long as someone keeps challenging you. Still loving those billboards.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 21 2009, 11:50 AM) [snapback]345040[/snapback]
The only reason you refuse to acknowledge the distinction is because you cannot acknowledge that you are wrong.

And that is Deep Purple in a nutshell.

A little man, indeed.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 21 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]345012[/snapback]
Why do you continue to claim that nobody else participating in this thread has any "firsthand knowledge" of Dolores? It's quite an ignorant statement to make in my opinion. I get to about 5 TCU baseball home games a year. I'd love to come to more, but those on the board who know me understand fully why I don't. I can't say that I've been to more than a couple games over the last decade where I didn't see Dolores walk in (right past my seat) and sit in the section next to mine. Without fail she has said "Hello" to me and usually to the group sitting around me as well. And on more than one occasion I've mentioned to her that I rarely see a fan with her passion in my travels around the state and country. She has no idea who I am, as I'd rather remain somewhat anonymous when I'm at the stadium, but I can assure you that I have "personal knowledge" of her.

Great. She said "hello" to you at a baseball game and you complimented her passion for the Frogs. That's deep, personal knowledge there.

I worked with her for four years. You do the math.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 21 2009, 09:51 AM) [snapback]345017[/snapback]
Deep, the article was about her love of TCU not how she once performed her duties in the business office.

I never made a single comment about how she performed her duties in the business office. I praised her love of TCU and her fan loyalty. I noted that it came with a tradeoff in self-promotion. In other words, I offered something short of unqualified praise. An unpardonable sin, it seems.

That you decided to go there made a lot of people, including me, uncomfortable. Mama always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

You have a lot of friends on this board who could profit by that advice. I don't see you quoting Mama to them. Apparently Mama's advice applies only selectively.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 21 2009, 11:50 AM) [snapback]345040[/snapback]
I've never debated the factual content of your criticisms. I don't think they need to be broadcast over the world wide web for the world to see when she has already been identified by name and photo.

My, you've gotten pretty righteous since the last time I saw you discussing in detail the failings of college-age football players by name here. So I guess that means we won't be hearing from you this fall?

The only reason you refuse to acknowledge the distinction is because you cannot acknowledge that you are wrong.

I was certainly wrong to think I would see any fair-mindedness around here. I haven't seen so much sanctimonious hypocrisy since the President didn't know what the meaning of "is" is.

Still loving those billboards.

Still loving those MLB teams.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Jun 21 2009, 12:47 PM) [snapback]345047[/snapback]
And that is Deep Purple in a nutshell.

A little man, indeed.

Not so little that I can't recognize self-righteousness when I see it. That kind of hypocrisy makes one far smaller than anything I've done here. Enjoy.

macaroni

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 21 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]345117[/snapback]
I never made a single comment about how she performed her duties in the business office. I praised her love of TCU and her fan loyalty.

Did you not say that her personality was "annoying" based on your professional dealings with her at TCU? If not then I apologize. But, as Spike said, no one was questioning the factuality of your statements, just whether they should be publicized in this forum. Do we really want to be in the business of dogging little old ladies here when they might read what we say?

I noted that it came with a tradeoff in self-promotion. In other words, I offered something short of unqualified praise. An unpardonable sin, it seems.

Not an unpardonable sin, an unfortunate choice of context.

You have a lot of friends on this board who could profit by that advice. I don't see you quoting Mama to them. Apparently Mama's advice applies only selectively.

I would certainly apply that to any poster who followed up a news article about a lady who cheers her heart out for TCU with posts about how he knew her personally and found her annoying. You're not special.

Spike

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 22 2009, 12:52 AM) [snapback]345120[/snapback]
My, you've gotten pretty righteous since the last time I saw you discussing in detail the failings of college-age football players by name here. So I guess that means we won't be hearing from you this fall?
I was certainly wrong to think I would see any fair-mindedness around here. I haven't seen so much sanctimonious hypocrisy since the President didn't know what the meaning of "is" is.
Still loving those MLB teams.

I'm not even sure what you mean in your first point. I don't remember criticizing a player by name, but I'm sure if I did you'll go back and pull it up. You seem to have an incredible amount of pent up angst. I'm gonna sign off now. Have a nice life Deep.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 21 2009, 08:48 PM) [snapback]345127[/snapback]
Did you not say that her personality was "annoying" based on your professional dealings with her at TCU?

I said "annoying" based on my personal dealings with her. I didn't mention professional at all except to say that I'd worked with her for several years.

But, as Spike said, no one was questioning the factuality of your statements, just whether they should be publicized in this forum. Do we really want to be in the business of dogging little old ladies here when they might read what we say?

Quite a few on this board are in the business of dogging 19- and 20-year-olds based on how well they play a game. I don't see the mob mentality circling around them.

It seems that criticism isn't really the issue here. It's who is doing the criticizing. One standard for some, a different standard for others. I guess it all depends on who your friends are and who's ox is getting gored.

Not an unpardonable sin, an unfortunate choice of context.

It's the same context in which many criticisms have been targeted at many people by name. But if the target happens to be a teenaged football player rather than an elderly fan, it's largely accepted. It certainly doesn't inspire the kind of gang-pile this thread has.

I would certainly apply that to any poster who followed up a news article about a lady who cheers her heart out for TCU with posts about how he knew her personally and found her annoying. You're not special.

If anything proves I'm not special, this thread certainly does. On the other hand, maybe it proves I really am special. I'm singled out for offering the same caliber of comment that many others regularly offer about youngsters who are not TCU Baseball Mom. You accept this kind of comment when it comes from your friends. I suppose it's my misfortune that I'm not regarded as a friend.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 21 2009, 10:59 PM) [snapback]345163[/snapback]
I'm not even sure what you mean in your first point. I don't remember criticizing a player by name, but I'm sure if I did you'll go back and pull it up.

You certainly have a convenient memory. Being absolutely convinced of one's own rightness and another fellow's wrong can do that. It makes memory very selective.

You seem to have an incredible amount of pent up angst.

Heh! That's very objective of you. Next, you'll tell me Timothy Cole killed himself because of self-neurosis. Thank you for the analysis, Doctor.

I'm gonna sign off now. Have a nice life Deep.

I have a nice life. Have one yourself, Spike.

macaroni

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 22 2009, 01:36 AM) [snapback]345172[/snapback]
Quite a few on this board are in the business of dogging 19- and 20-year-olds based on how well they play a game. I don't see the mob mentality circling around them.

It's the same context in which many criticisms have been targeted at many people by name. But if the target happens to be a teenaged football player rather than an elderly fan, it's largely accepted.

This board has a policy that individual players are not criticized. Coaches can be criticized, but not their family members. I have seen this enforced very evenly during all of my years on this board and it is one of the reasons that I think this board is better than the nonsense on other boards like those dorks over at the Baylor or KSU Boards. If you see examples of individual player criticisms that are not deleted then you need to use your privileges to help enforce the policy. That is why there is a team of moderators - not everybody reads the same things at the same times.

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 22 2009, 01:36 AM) [snapback]345172[/snapback]
It seems that criticism isn't really the issue here. It's who is doing the criticizing. One standard for some, a different standard for others. I guess it all depends on who your friends are and who's ox is getting gored...
It certainly doesn't inspire the kind of gang-pile this thread has...
If anything proves I'm not special, this thread certainly does. On the other hand, maybe it proves I really am special. I'm singled out for offering the same caliber of comment that many others regularly offer about youngsters who are not TCU Baseball Mom. You accept this kind of comment when it comes from your friends. I suppose it's my misfortune that I'm not regarded as a friend.

I have no idea why you think this is personal. I am not one of the several posters who filed complaints about your posts, and I am not the moderator who deleted your posts. If you read back calmly and objectively, I think you will see that several of us were just trying to help you understand why your comments were troublesome for many.

And if you can find one example where I let one of my "friends" dog on an individual player by name, I will gladly give up being a moderator forever.