• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball Team Mom?

Deep Purple

Dolores calling herself "Team Mom" is a perfect example of the self-promotion I was referring to. A title like "Team Mom" is conferred by consensus of the players. They have to regard you as their "Team Mom." It's not a self-appointed title you can attain simply my making a sign.

NewFrogFan

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 17 2009, 04:21 AM) [snapback]343309[/snapback]
Dolores calling herself "Team Mom" is a perfect example of the self-promotion I was referring to. A title like "Team Mom" is conferred by consensus of the players. They have to regard you as their "Team Mom." It's not a self-appointed title you can attain simply my making a sign.

How do you know that the players don't agree with her, did they tell you???

Young and Horned

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Jun 16 2009, 11:30 PM) [snapback]343312[/snapback]
How do you know that the players don't agree with her, did they tell you???

Haha, I bet some of the pitchers and hitters do not appreciate it some times. I mean I know some pitchers get annoyed with the "clap" so I would imagine a high pitched "TCU" or "GET EM FROGGIES" would gain the same conclusion. Same thing with someone at bat, I would imagine "HIT IT OUT FROG" when trying to focus on the pitch would jar the mind a little.

Spike

Let this thread die already. ... Board policy rightfully strictly prohibits the criticism of players, maybe it should be amended to include fans too.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Jun 15 2009, 03:13 PM) [snapback]342742[/snapback]
Regardless of what some may think, her support for TCU isn't only on KFC and one or two trips a year to Lot 3 for a football game.

What is that supposed to mean? I read this earlier but didn't have time to reply. Do you think people who post on here don't go to games? I'm baffled by this statement.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 16 2009, 11:35 PM) [snapback]343316[/snapback]
Let this thread die already. Deep, you're pretty good about not making personal attacks on the general board but you've made 3 negative posts about her already, and she does not have the benefit of the anonymity that this board provides. What exactly has she done to you? Scratch that, I don't want to know. Board policy rightfully strictly prohibits the criticism of players, maybe it should be amended to include fans too.
I appealed yesterday to moderators/admins to remove the negative personal comments made about her but to no avail, at least so far. Of course, Deep is a moderator so he is not likely to remove his own negative remarks about her.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 16 2009, 11:21 PM) [snapback]343309[/snapback]

Well, she's been that for longer than this group of guys has been around.

Why can't you leave her alone and let her be a fan? You haven't been on the road with teams like she has. She's certainly a bigger fan than you in those terms. She backs it up.

Why is it OK on this board to identify someone by their name and picture and then belittle them, especially a senior female?

Easy for you since you hide behind an anonymous handle.

Still wondering who wrote all those checks you said were needed to put up those long sought-after billboards. You said it couldn't happen without all of us writing checks. Who wrote those? I think it's time to identify you and call you out on the board. That would be OK, right?

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 17 2009, 06:31 AM) [snapback]343327[/snapback]
I appealed yesterday to moderators/admins to remove the negative personal comments made about her but to no avail, at least so far. Of course, Deep is a moderator so he is not likely to remove his own negative remarks about her.

FYI, 7 (seven) negative posts were removed yesterday. 4 (four) more removed today, plus 1 (one) quoted post was edited out.

Spike

QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Jun 17 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]343363[/snapback]
FYI, 7 (seven) negative posts were removed yesterday. 4 (four) more removed today, plus 1 (one) quoted post was edited out.

Thank you,
To criticize a fan that is known by name and photo is just uncalled for.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Jun 17 2009, 08:27 AM) [snapback]343363[/snapback]

OK. Thanks.

Leap Frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 17 2009, 01:15 PM) [snapback]343561[/snapback]
OK. Thanks.

I think we should leave the mom alone and go after the "blue hairs"-- like some used to. After all, blue hairs just take up space, sit on their hands, fart and grow finger nails. :wacko:

Slingin' Sammy

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 18 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]344323[/snapback]
What the heck is a blue hair?

A 'blue hair' is an old person. You've never heard that phrase before?

Young and Horned

QUOTE(Slingin @ Jun 18 2009, 03:23 PM) [snapback]344325[/snapback]
A 'blue hair' is an old person. You've never heard that phrase before?

Nope, that is a new one to me.

tcudoc

Thanks, that was the right thing to do. I was kind of surprised at the hurtful responses about her.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(Leap Frog @ Jun 18 2009, 02:55 PM) [snapback]344305[/snapback]
I think we should leave the mom alone and go after the "blue hairs"-- like some used to. After all, blue hairs just take up space, sit on their hands, fart and grow finger nails. :wacko:

You won't have to wait too long.

It's about time for the annual killerfrogs "Game Attendance" thread...with the verbal flogging of the blue hairs/gray beards; the counter assault on the Greeks; and the pleas to increase TCU undergrad attendance to a number resembling UT's.

Young and Horned

I have a question. Why does UT have commercials for their Kids Club on Time Warner on all channels being broadcasted in Fort Worth and the most TCU does to promote their club is a piece a paper or PA read when no one is listening between quarters?

YA

QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Jun 18 2009, 04:10 PM) [snapback]344357[/snapback]
You won't have to wait too long.

It's about time for the annual killerfrogs "Game Attendance" thread...with the verbal flogging of the blue hairs/gray beards; the counter assault on the Greeks; and the pleas to increase TCU undergrad attendance to a number resembling UT's.

Colonel, these are universal truths
1. Some people sit on their hands and think it is church. If that is bluehairs or uptight people then so be it.
2. The Greeks are not the problem on attendance.
3. TCU undergrad should be 12k.
4--my favorite gripe--Limiting the tailgate scene will improve attendance when in fact it will kill the attendance.

Spike

QUOTE(Leap Frog @ Jun 18 2009, 07:55 PM) [snapback]344305[/snapback]

Blue hairs and bermites must be persecuted. We absolutely cannot have people growing fingernails at Frog sporting events.

T

TCU2314

Any of mine?