• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball Team Mom?

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 13 2009, 11:44 PM) [snapback]342422[/snapback]
Yah, I usually try to sit as far as I can from her.

Wise choice. I remember Dolores Oelfke from when I worked with her. She's a huge fan and was a big Frog Club supporter, and she deserves respect for that. But she's also a few degrees off-kilter and can be quite annoying. Perhaps that's what makes her such a great fan?

BTW, when TCU plays on TV (any sport) and they do those momentary shots of the TCU faithful, I've seen Dolores in more of those shots than than any other TCU fan. I think I even remember seeing her in the broadcast of the '98 Sun Bowl.

TemCatFrog71

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Jun 13 2009, 11:20 PM) [snapback]342418[/snapback]
Found this thread on Hornfans. Any baseball regs have any info on this couple??

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/...;o=0&fpart=

We need to remember that the word "fan" is short for fanatic. That properly describes Delores, when it comes to HER Frogs. Delores and Lyle are both Univ. of Houston alums who have been very active in the Cougar Alumni Association in the past. When Delores went to work at TCU many moons ago, she fell in love with the Frogs and ALL that is TCU. We could not have a more dedicated "fan" that Delores. She exemplifies what kind of supporters college programs love to produce. Sitting next to her may be annoying to some, especially TCU alums who like to sit on their hands at games until the Frogs start winning, but there is no doubt that her love for TCU is deep and unconditional.

iancurtis

I love the support that she shows the teams. She is a great fan and extremly loyal. She also is a very nice lady to talk to.

I agree with you though saying that she can be somewhat annoying. I just have a hard time when she becomes a side show and the games become more about her than the actual game. She sits close to me at Lupton and I've seen her clear out two or three rows of people so that she could cut through to the Diamond Darlings and demand t-shirts for herself and her stuffed frogs while kids in the immediate vicinity sit there and wonder why they can't just go up and ask for shirts also. I also missed about an inning and a half of our comeback in the Stillwater regional last year while she was causing a ruckus on the front row by refusing to sit in her seat and demanding to be allowed to stand in everyone's way in the walkway by the fence where everyone else was prohibited from sitting.

I guess everyone finds there own way to show their spirit. There is definitely only one Delores.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Dan Lamb @ Jun 14 2009, 08:31 AM) [snapback]342448[/snapback]
Sitting next to her may be annoying to some, especially TCU alums who like to sit on their hands at games until the Frogs start winning, but there is no doubt that her love for TCU is deep and unconditional.

Naw, you got all wrong. She's not annoying because she applauds and cheers the Frogs when everybody else is sitting on their hands. Just the opposite: That's the most admirable thing about her.

The annoying part is that she can be demanding and self-promoting, and she's gets pretty indignant and pushy if you don't give her what she regards as her due. I don't doubt her loyalty to the purple. But if you know her and her ways, it's hard to escape the suspicion that she's in it as much for herself as for the Frogs.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 14 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]342566[/snapback]
Naw, you got all wrong. She's not annoying because she applauds and cheers the Frogs when everybody else is sitting on their hands. Just the opposite: That's the most admirable thing about her.

The annoying part is that she can be demanding and self-promoting, and she's gets pretty indignant and pushy if you don't give her what she regards as her due. I don't doubt her loyalty to the purple. But if you know her and her ways, it's hard to escape the suspicion that she's in it as much for herself as for the Frogs.

Well, fortunately for you and others she probably won't be able physically to attend games much longer.

YA

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 15 2009, 07:40 AM) [snapback]342593[/snapback]
Well, fortunately for you and others she probably won't be able physically to attend games much longer.

Very sad but very true as well.

Go Mrs. Oelfke and Go Frogs!!!!! Wish we had 10,000 more like her.

82Frog

she is at most women's basketball games. . .

p939861697-4.jpg

NewFrogFan

Any idea how many events in all sports she has been too??? Regardless of what some may think,
her support for TCU isn't only on KFC and one or two trips a year to Lot 3 for a football game.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Jun 15 2009, 03:13 PM) [snapback]342742[/snapback]
Any idea how many events in all sports she has been too??? Regardless of what some may think,
her support for TCU isn't only on KFC and one or two trips a year to Lot 3 for a football game.

Touche!

Young and Horned

You know what. In my years here, I bet you me and some people I know could rival her. I have been to a lot of soccer games, tennis matches, volleyball games that I have never seen her at.

So depends what ya mean. I am sure there are people on here or off of here that go to most TCU sporting events and not just baseball, basketball and football.

I am not saying this to try and compare to her. She is a great supporter and supports verbally through good and bad moments. She is great, but she is only supporting those sports that are high profile.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DVPMD
500+ posts
06/09/09 05:33 PM

Re: TCU's team mom [re: alt875]
Edit post Reply to this post

anyone who can't be nice to this sweet old lady should be punched in the nads.

:rolleyes:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 15 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]342801[/snapback]
You know what. In my years here, I bet you me and some people I know could rival her. I have been to a lot of soccer games, tennis matches, volleyball games that I have never seen her at.

So depends what ya mean. I am sure there are people on here or off of here that go to most TCU sporting events and not just baseball, basketball and football.

I am not saying this to try and compare to her. She is a great supporter and supports verbally through good and bad moments. She is great, but she is only supporting those sports that are high profile.

wow :blink:

JeffTucker

QUOTE(Dan Lamb @ Jun 14 2009, 08:31 AM) [snapback]342448[/snapback]
We need to remember that the word "fan" is short for fanatic. That properly describes Delores, when it comes to HER Frogs. Delores and Lyle are both Univ. of Houston alums who have been very active in the Cougar Alumni Association in the past. When Delores went to work at TCU many moons ago, she fell in love with the Frogs and ALL that is TCU. We could not have a more dedicated "fan" that Delores. She exemplifies what kind of supporters college programs love to produce. Sitting next to her may be annoying to some, especially TCU alums who like to sit on their hands at games until the Frogs start winning, but there is no doubt that her love for TCU is deep and unconditional.