TCU Baseball 2018: Summer Thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Gary's Shirtless Revenge, Jun 29, 2017.

1. I guess that Gingery did not get drafted?

2. He wasn't eligible. Playing for Team USA this summer.

3. It looks like he went to Florida Atlantic in 2016 but obviously didn't play because he said he has 3 years left.

He hit .314 last year at a Cali juco with 3 homers in 39 games but what I like is that he had 21 walks and only 14 strike outs.

Pennsylvaina Yetti and Raw Frog like this.
  4. College Summer Teams (help me update)

USA Collegiate National Team
    RHP Sean Wymer

California Collegiate League - Santa Barbara Foresters
    RHP Jake Eissler
    RHP James Morris
    C Zach Humphreys

Cape Cod League - Falmouth Commodores
    OF Josh Watson

5. Tech will be very strong next year, they played a lot of freshmen in the field and are returning their entire weekend rotation (glad to get them in Fort Worth in 2018). Agree with OU, Baylor (gag) should be improved, not sure what WVU brings back, and I assume Holiday will have OSU competitive again

6. How do people think Wanhanen get used in 2018?

I would guess Luken is the starting first baseman, Watson returns to left field, Frogs signed two incoming freshmen outfield prospects, and a JUCO. Does Connor play in the outfield or does he DH?

7. His best defensive position is DH.

tcumaniac, Raw Frog and RollToad like this.
  8. I think Watson should be challenged for the starting LF spot. No way he earned a no competition fall workout pass. Let the best athlete win the starting spot.

PO Frog likes this.
  9. I think that is fair for Watson and basically anyone on the team. His drop in power numbers were baffling at times as I don't seem to recall a number of really hard outs that just didn't drop for him. BB/K ratio was about the same and same with his OBP. Not sure what happened, but it would be great if he returned back to freshman form.

10. Interesting story about a former Frog....goes well beyond baseball.

A second chance at life, away from the game he loved
    By Roger Mooney, Times Staff Writer

PORT CHARLOTTE — Dylan Delso retired from a pro baseball career he never had.

He walked away from a game that took him around the country as an amateur and eventually led to the desolate backfields at Charlotte Sports Park as an undrafted free agent with the Gulf Coast Rays.

It was baseball that gave Delso hope last year as he recovered from a near-fatal head injury.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/base...e-at-life-away-from-the-game-he-loved/2330891

11. Damn...but it sounds like he made the right decision.

He has the Frog Factor