• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball 2018: Summer Thread

Pharm Frog

I get that but he is only 15 or 16 if he is class of 2020

Do that many kids that age throw that hard already?

Local high school had three that could get into the '90s depending on the gun being used. One was a freshman on JV most of the year.

During Son's high school career he caught four kids in the '90s and he topped out at 91 during Heartland but was sitting 88ish. One of those four did pretty well in MLB last season. Have no idea how many 90s he caught in summer ball but it was a lot it seemed. Even some lefties which seemed weird to me.

The other thing about a kid of throws 90 at 16... The likelihood that he has an arm injury in the next 5 years is pretty high. It's unlikely his arm+core+legs are all developed enough to actually throw that hard.

Moose Stuff

I think Kendal Rogers has said before that our radar is always in line with what scouts have

Lupton is better than it used to be but wouldn't call it super accurate. In general stadium/TV radar guns are often off because they are either located poorly or not pointed directly at the pitcher.

Pharm Frog

Lupton is better than it used to be but wouldn't call it super accurate. In general stadium/TV radar guns are often off because they are either located poorly or not pointed directly at the pitcher.

The best I've seen for consistency with scout guns is at David Allen Field in Enid where they play a lot of Connie Mack and Juco championships. Perfectly located according to the folks who seem to know a lot about these things.

hometown frog

During the regional game UVA and DBU the second time, I was behind home plate w a couple of scouts and the stadium gun was about +2 what their hand held guns showed.