• The KillerFrogs

Stanford or Washington?

MAcFroggy

Should we be cheering for Stanford or Washington this Friday? I know it seems very easy to say we should just cheer for Stanford to get Washington out of the mix, but I do not think a 1 loss Washington would jump us anyway (if we win out... BIG IF) However, Notre Dame is ahead of us in the standings and they are going to have a very impressive resume at the end of the season. They currently have wins over USC, NCState, and Michigan State. They are also about to play Miami. If they win that, they will have 4 very good wins. We do not want them to get any more quality wins. Our best bet might be Washington beating Stanford and then also beating USC in the conference championship game. I think if they get the win over a ranked Stanford team they will probably have too many good wins to realistically jump in the standings.

I know Notre Dame still has to play Miami and Stanford, but I am just trying to figure out who I should be cheering for on Friday Night. I know for sure I will be cheering for Miami on Saturday.

Sebastian S

Washington currently is not a threat.

I am rooting for anything to make ND look bad. 1 less ranked opponent on their schedule helps, so be it, hope everyone on their schedule keeps losing.

MAcFroggy

Washington currently is not a threat.

I am rooting for anything to make ND look bad. 1 less ranked opponent on their schedule helps, so be it, hope everyone on their schedule keeps losing.

That is kind of my thought. If we win out Washington won't matter. However, making Notre Dame's schedule look bad could help us make the CFP.

TX_Krötenechse

Root for Stanford to beat Washington. ND already has a good enough resume that Stanford won’t matter. Then root for Miami to beat ND and win the ACC. Root for Iowa to upset Wisconsin but Wisconsin to still win the B1G. That takes the Pac12 and the B1G out of playoff contention unless B12 champ and ND both have two losses.

That sets up B12, SEC, ACC, then a random fourth (2-loss conference champ, 2-loss ND or 1-loss SEC conference 2nd place which is BS) for the playoff.

Oh and since we are on the subject of rooting guide, root obviously for Frogs to win out and ISU to win out. They would have tiebreakers over OU and OSU for second place (WVU may need another loss too) and would set us up for a rematch. Winning that fixes our slip up from earlier in the year and gives us that much stronger a resume.

MAcFroggy

Root for Stanford to beat Washington. ND already has a good enough resume that Stanford won’t matter. Then root for Miami to beat ND and win the ACC. Root for Iowa to upset Wisconsin but Wisconsin to still win the B1G. That takes the Pac12 and the B1G out of playoff contention unless B12 champ and ND both have two losses.

That sets up B12, SEC, ACC, then a random fourth (2-loss conference champ, 2-loss ND or 1-loss SEC conference 2nd place which is BS) for the playoff.

Oh and since we are on the subject of rooting guide, root obviously for Frogs to win out and ISU to win out. They would have tiebreakers over OU and OSU for second place (WVU may need another loss too) and would set us up for a rematch. Winning that fixes our slip up from earlier in the year and gives us that much stronger a resume.

I think we just want Ohio State to win out? That would solve the entire B1G problem, plus would make Oklahoma (and by association Big 12) look the best.

We need to root for Northwestern to lose (might be ranked this week and played Wisconsin), Michigan to lose (might be ranked this week and will play Wisconsin), Michigan State (Northwestern beat them plus Notre Dame beat them), and Iowa to lose their games after beating Wisconsin. We need Wisconsin's resume not look as bad as possible in case they win out.

Wexahu

That is kind of my thought. If we win out Washington won't matter. However, making Notre Dame's schedule look bad could help us make the CFP.

I think too much would have to happen to make Notre Dame's schedule look "bad". Better to just hope Washington and Notre Dame lose again. Call me crazy, but Washington losing actually would open the door ever so slightly to a 2-loss Big 12 champ making it. Granted, lots of other stuff would have to happen too but crazy stuff does happen sometimes, as last week showed.

Pharm Frog

Earthquake. I'm rooting for an earthquake. Not a killer earthquake but one significant enough to compromise the integrity of the stadium and force cancellation of the game denying UW a potential 13th data point.

Casey T

In situations like these where we would prefer both to lose, I just try to watch as a neutral observer and enjoy the game now. I used to follow the complex paths that could play out if one were to lose, but it's a headache and doesn't actually change anything. If it's obvious root for that, if not just enjoy it

cdsfrog

Stanford. Biggest one is root against Wisconsin and ND every week.

Eliminate them and it's easy. Sec champ possibly even Auburn if they won out, acc champ with 1 loss, big 12 with 1 loss and whoever else doesn't matter.

More importantly in this scenario we are #3 seed likely facing a #2 seed.

Jet Set Frog

Oooooooooooooooooooooo...........I'd KILL for a rematch against Iowa State..........

tenor.gif
wFwP.gif