• The KillerFrogs

Sptspage: TCU and the 'awesome' new redshirt rule

Gil LeBreton

TCU and the 'awesome' new redshirt rule

By GIL LeBRETON

The practice of redshirting football players is as old as Bear Bryant’s houndstooth hat.

It wasn’t until 1973 that the NCAA imposed its first limitations on the number of football scholarships a school could award: 105. Subsequent amendments reduced the limits to 95 and later to the current 85.

But until last week, the rules regarding redshirting had gone largely untouched.

“That’s why this is an awesome new rule,” TCU’s Gary Patterson said. “They haven’t changed the redshirt rule since the days when we played 10 ball games and had 125 scholarships."

Read more at https://sptspage.com/tcu-and-the-awesome-new-redshirt-rule/

Frog79

I think this site's articles and content are well worth $50/year. Gil and these other writers are some of the best around and they have a huge TCU focus...

Agreed. It would be a bargain even if you only got Gil. However, I have noticed that at least one other former FWST writer is much better at Sprtspage now that he is not forced into the subpar journalistic style that he had at the FWST. A writer at talented as Gil shines wherever he is but most of the rest do not excel when they work for third-rate rags like the FWST where journalistic integrity is not very important.

Eight

suggestion gil,

i might be missing it and if so i apologize, but any thought to linking a full story and a daily briefing from a couple of weeks ago so you aren't giving away the newest efforts and the info is still current enough to have some resonance?

the biggest problem for some with the 7-day trial is the difficulties they have had cancelling other sties. one of the recruiting sites has a horrible rep for this and i run into commonly with some sites for work.

just a thought, might no be a very good one, but threw it up on the wall anyhow

Spike

2314 was here. But now he is gone. I find myself a little bit sad. 68 more days to bitterly cling to my guns and religion. Soccer and bad baseball do not fill this void.

2314 was here. But now he is gone. I find myself a little bit sad. 68 more days to bitterly cling to my guns and religion. Soccer and bad baseball do not fill this void.
2314 decided to fall in with the others on a certain subject after consultation with Counselor Spike. ... Here is how 2314 is dealing with summer. Taped all but the 2017 opener and will use a day of vacation time to watch the rest of the season from Game 2 to the bowl game. I will take breaks to pee and fire up the blender. Will have food delivered.

Spike

2314 decided to fall in with the others on a certain subject after consultation with Counselor Spike. ... Here is how 2314 is dealing with summer. Taped all but the 2017 opener and will use a day of vacation time to watch the rest of the season from Game 2 to the bowl game. I will take breaks to pee and fire up the blender. Will have food delivered.

You could sell this as a package!