• The KillerFrogs

So...the boss denied my vacation for Omaha

Trelvis

No, but did you really quit? You should have told him that you werent going to be there whether he gave you the days off ot not.

aebrown22

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 18 2010, 06:43 PM) [snapback]583511[/snapback]
No, but did you really quit? You should have told him that you werent going to be there whether he gave you the days off ot not.

My boss is an aggie and told me if we go to the championship game I "have to go". I guess not all aggies are bad.

jadailyTCU

QUOTE(GoFrogYourself @ Jun 18 2010, 06:57 PM) [snapback]583516[/snapback]
My boss is an aggie and told me if we go to the championship game I "have to go". I guess not all aggies are bad.

That is truly awesome.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 18 2010, 05:08 PM) [snapback]583489[/snapback]
Anyone hiring?

"This is why you are not able to make wise dicisions in your life."

aebrown22

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 18 2010, 07:52 PM) [snapback]583534[/snapback]
Just go and call in with explosive diarrhea

No employer can question explosive diarrhea. It is a fool proof excuse.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jun 18 2010, 09:10 PM) [snapback]583595[/snapback]
BAd economy to be quiting in.

I assume he did not quit over something like that. If he did then someone needs a serious course in wisdom 101, or buy my book when it comes out.

For the sake of PhormerPhrog and the job I hope he still has this thread should probably be deleted.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jun 18 2010, 10:46 PM) [snapback]583608[/snapback]
...... this thread should probably be deleted.

Unless his real name is PhormerPhrog I think he's going to be OK.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 18 2010, 10:54 PM) [snapback]583615[/snapback]
Unless his real name is PhormerPhrog I think he's going to be OK.

Actually it is, son of Phil and PhyllisPhrog.

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 18 2010, 06:43 PM) [snapback]583511[/snapback]

Not yet. We're leaving Wednesday. So he has until then to change his mind. If he doesn't, he'll lose two huge clients and office morale would be at an all-time low. In the words of Todd Snider "I was looking for a job when I found this one. Don't need the work like you need the work done."

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 18 2010, 07:52 PM) [snapback]583534[/snapback]
Just go and call in with explosive diarrhea

The VED? VERY explosive diarrhea. Wouldn't work. He already knows why I wouldn't be there.

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jun 18 2010, 10:46 PM) [snapback]583608[/snapback]
I assume he did not quit over something like that. If he did then someone needs a serious course in wisdom 101, or buy my book when it comes out.

For the sake of PhormerPhrog and the job I hope he still has this thread should probably be deleted.

Yes, because you know me so well. You know that I work 6 days a week and put in over 60 hours a week in the office. You know that I've had to work every Friday after Thanksgiving for the last five years because I'm "not married, don't have kids, and don't have as many family obligations." You know that I was the last one in the office on Christmas Eve when it was snowing like crazy just because a ratarded asset manager said a property just HAD to close that day and I missed going to church with my family. You know that I haven't used all my vacation the last five years. You know that I work in a field in high demand with a small amount of potential applicants. I think I'll be just fine.

The Jerk Store Called, They're Running Out of Me by Peter Becket...I'll wait until it goes to the dollar bin to buy it. And then I'd only use it for VED.

BABYFACE

Phormer, do you work at a title company? Based on what you posted, you wither work for the builder, the lender or the title company is my guess.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 20 2010, 01:18 PM) [snapback]584384[/snapback]
Title company. Good job. I've been doing REOs for about 5 years now. Regular stuff for about 2-3 years before that.

you gotta do what you gotta do. working for a jerk boss is a good way to make anyone miserable. and you say you don't have any young ones at this point so it wouldn't be completely irresponsible to split ways with your job.

i speak just because i have been in the same situation and it was hard, but i did the right thing for myself and it worked out nicely.

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Jun 20 2010, 02:07 PM) [snapback]584404[/snapback]
you gotta do what you gotta do. working for a jerk boss is a good way to make anyone miserable. and you say you don't have any young ones at this point so it wouldn't be completely irresponsible to split ways with your job.

i speak just because i have been in the same situation and it was hard, but i did the right thing for myself and it worked out nicely.

And he doesn't pay me enough to miss these kinds of opportunites with my pops. He's not getting any younger and one day I'm going to have kids and something like this will be nearly impossible. It's not like I'm missing an entire week. I just want two days.

I have 9 days of vacation I'd get paid for as well as a good chunk in 401k if I had to use it but the guy who's seats are next to mine is well-connected in local real estate and between that and my contacts I don't think I'd have trouble finding a job quickly. If all else fails I can go work the dock at my dad's company until I find something else. It's crap work but pays surprisingly well for the type of job and it's better than depleting my savings.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 20 2010, 01:18 PM) [snapback]584384[/snapback]
Title company. Good job. I've been doing REOs for about 5 years now. Regular stuff for about 2-3 years before that.

Currently, the economy is not helping you or probably any of us right now, but when you gain a reputation with lenders and sellers and when you do make a move, you will take a majority of your clients with you. That there alone will make you attractive to competing title companies.