• The KillerFrogs

So now that your offensive coordinator is our offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMc44

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:14 PM) [snapback]281726[/snapback]
Exactly, felt he was too good. How many OC's don't recruit? One!

Malzahn is a tremendous recruiter and he was OC at Ark, Tul and now Aub. Give me an OC that can recruit and TCU is Top 5 or better. CGP recruited more than MS.

So there you go Illini fan.

Your new OC can't recruit, can't call plays worth a damn and has been the hottest of the "he sucks" topics on this board for at least 6 years. Hope you like a timid playcaller because you've got him.

I say GO DODGERS.

OrangeRoughy

QUOTE(TCU2314 @ Jan 2 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]281585[/snapback]
No, you're missing my point.
I don't buy the original post. This thread was obviously started by a Shultz hater from this board who got on another PC and put in a fake name. :wacko:
Wanted to get a response by having everyone think he is fromn Ill.
Hel-lo.

"obviously".

Unfortunately for me, I'm an actual Illini football fan. I'm that rare breed of Illinois graduate that cares more about football than basketball. That sold his mountain bike to be able to scratch together enough cash to attend the 1999 MicronPC.com Bowl (Lloyd to Kittner!). That sits in the horseshoe of Memorial Stadium on 6 Saturdays each fall (that's right - SIX. Our AD's scheduling is a topic for another time..) and tries to teach his three boys in the ways of worshipping the Orange and Blue.

I have a personal countdown (now at 302 days) to this fall's beatdown of Michigan at Memorial Stadium, our first victory over scUM at home in 26 years. I was once on national TV, shirtless, with a giant N on my chest (you always pick the fat guy to be the "N" in ILLINI") as I watched my Illini blow a 21-0 first quarter lead against Kerry Collins and #1 Penn State. I once passed on NLCS tickets to watch Illinois lose at home to MSU by 34, I tell anyone that will listen that I once sublet my apartment to failed offensive lineman John Horn, and I actually had difficulty sleeping the night before signing day in 2006 for fears that Butch Davis would steal Juice Williams away from the Illini.

Hel-lo to you.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:26 PM) [snapback]281747[/snapback]
I am happy you love mediocricy in performance. Of the teams competing for a NC this year how many have been excited about a Top 12 rushing offense and Top 79 passing offense? Either one would be under-performing, yet you are excited!

Never said anything about being excited. Let's look at Utah's numbers. #40 rushing, #40 total offense, # 42 passing. Florida #61 passing., #11 rushing. Don't really follow your point?

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(OrangeRoughy @ Jan 2 2009, 11:42 PM) [snapback]281770[/snapback]
"obviously".

Unfortunately for me, I'm an actual Illini football fan. I'm that rare breed of Illinois graduate that cares more about football than basketball. That sold his mountain bike to be able to scratch together enough cash to attend the 1999 MicronPC.com Bowl (Lloyd to Kittner!). That sits in the horseshoe of Memorial Stadium on 6 Saturdays each fall (that's right - SIX. Our AD's scheduling is a topic for another time..) and tries to teach his three boys in the ways of worshipping the Orange and Blue.

I have a personal countdown (now at 302 days) to this fall's beatdown of Michigan at Memorial Stadium, our first victory over scUM at home in 26 years. I was once on national TV, shirtless, with a giant N on my chest (you always pick the fat guy to be the "N" in ILLINI") as I watched my Illini blow a 21-0 first quarter lead against Kerry Collins and #1 Penn State. I once passed on NLCS tickets to watch Illinois lose at home to MSU by 34, I tell anyone that will listen that I once sublet my apartment to failed offensive lineman John Horn, and I actually had difficulty sleeping the night before signing day in 2006 for fears that Butch Davis would steal Juice Williams away from the Illini.

Hel-lo to you.

BTW, I never really believed any of what I just wrote. This is a blog.
laughing-fem-emoticon.jpg

Virginia Frog

QUOTE(frogman @ Jan 2 2009, 09:09 PM) [snapback]281500[/snapback]
Chemistry is a huge factor in any winning proposition .Eve though Fran started the 10 year high flying 2nd era of TCU footbal . Gary and Shulzie been the architects.Do not mees up the chemistry.

I am sorry to see folks bad mouthing him .I hope he stays.

Don't know the guy, I'm too far away to really be in-the-know about TCU's coaching personnel. But, I've read the Frog board religiously since 1995 and there is a real stink on Shultz that is just there, all around him. I don't have a good opinion as a result of years of reading about Coach Schultz. Where there is smoke there's fire, so it's said. I'm sure he has his good points, though. Nothing personal. I just hope that with this move that he got a big chunk of that BCS money!

I hope he and his family like cold weather. While the university is nice, Champaign-Urbana is FAR from a garden spot.

TCU will be FINE with ANY another OC that Gary/Danny/Vic hire. Remember, TCU is NO LONGER as STEPPING-STONE PROGRAM. (Tkxs Utah and MWC brethern for the step-up!)

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:42 PM) [snapback]281771[/snapback]
Never said anything about being excited. Let's look at Utah's numbers. #40 rushing, #40 total offense, # 42 passing. Florida #61 passing., #11 rushing. Don't really follow your point?

How about this, what is the #1 goal of an offense?

What is OK, Fla's and TCU's scoring offense ranks? What is MS's highest ranking on any offense stat ever? Highest scoring ranking ever?

Maybe you will get it eventually.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
To make it easy, before the bowls, OK #1, Fla #3, TCU #21 in scoring. Highest ever for TCU under MS is 21. Hard to win a NC when you can't beat 20 other teams in scoring.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Thanks again to the fighting Illini! Harbor no ill feelings against them, but damn they are stupid!

CHAMPAIGN -- Mike Schultz, who just finished his 11th season on the football coaching staff at Texas Christian University, is expected to be named Illinois’ new offensive coordinator.

Schultz, who was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for TCU, will be announced early next week. He replaces Mike Locksley, who took the head coaching position at New Mexico.

Schultz just helped TCU defeat previously unbeaten Boise State in the Poinsettia Bowl to wrap up an 11-2 season.

TCU finished 25th nationally in total offense, averaging 421 yards per game. They ranked 12th in rushing and 21st in scoring (33.6 points per game).

A native of Houston, Schultz, 51, has also coached at UTEP, Kansas State, Texas and New Mexico.

Before coaching TCU’s quarterbacks, he was the team’s running backs coach and helped groom current NFL all-pro LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers.

While the loss of Locksley would appear to hurt Illinois’ recruiting influence in the Washington, D.C., area, the addition of Schultz could open doors in Texas, which is something Illini head coach Ron Zook talked about when he began his search.

While Schultz would fill one vacancy, another opening was created when defensive line coach Tom Sims was let go.

Sims just finished his fourth season with the Illini, after joining Zook’s staff from the University of Minnesota.

Sims spent seven years as an NFL defensive lineman with the Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts and Minnesota Vikings. The search for his replacement begins immediately, a university spokesperson said.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 3 2009, 05:28 AM) [snapback]281751[/snapback]
Show me the numbers cause think you are completely off? However, hard to believe we could drop from a #79 in passing offense.

The only numbers that matter are 10, 32, 10, 17 points against four top 10 teams this year. That will never get it done, especially next year with a younger defense. I am not a Schultz hater, but you can not debate these numbers. I will wish him well though because he has worked very hard for TCU even though he was the No. 1 whipping boy. :blush:

It is also laughable to think that GP is going to let us throw 40 to 50 passes a game next year. It is not his philosophy to do that and frankly AD is not the QB for that system. He does not throw the deep ball well enough for us to run this kind of offense. The reason why we won the PS Bowl was because we went back to the running game in the second half to regain control of the game. I remember the Wacker triple shoot days and we had 1 winning season throwing the ball every other play to go with undersized defenses.

As long as GP is here, we will always be ball-control, play tough defense teams. I like it. Always will. You can change the OC, but you can't change GP. We will hear the same complaints next year about our offense and GP. Hopefully, we will keep winning unless maybe Schultz knows something about GP's future that we don't. :unsure:

Deep Purple

QUOTE(ross @ Jan 2 2009, 07:42 PM) [snapback]281474[/snapback]
But he is hated by many on this board because they don't like his play called but most of them are not very football savy and do not understand the difference in poorly called plays and poorly executed plays.

Then again, the real "football-savvy" TCU fans here credit Schultz whenever an offensive play-call works but they about-face and blame poor player execution every time it blows up in our faces. Schultz himself is never to blame. If it goes bad, it's not his fault for a dumb play-call, it's the players' fault for not executing his brilliant offensive scheme.

:rolleyes:

He would run a more wide open offense if allowed to by the HC.

Which is, of course, an entirely self-serving speculation concocted by Schultz defenders on this board. Nobody here is really privy to the HC's instructions to the OC. The Schultz advocates simply pretend to know this in order to make an internet debating point. And though it's an entirely concocted speculation, they argue it as if it were announced fact.

a super nice person

Yes he is. And as we all know, being a super nice person is a top qualification for any OC.

At the very least, our Illini friend, you've learned that TCU fan opinion about Schultz is very divided. Just as many of us hate his coaching as those who love it.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:13 PM) [snapback]281722[/snapback]
GO WHITE SOX!

It's one of those nights.

Where's Deep?

I'm here, Top.

Feisty and I are on the same page on this one. Not that it matters, because I've never deleted a Feisty post or any other post on the basis of a difference of opinion. In any case, most here don't care anyway.

But I'm glad I've captured so much of your attention. It's good to know somebody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.