• The KillerFrogs

So now that your offensive coordinator is our offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMc44

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jan 2 2009, 10:26 PM) [snapback]281631[/snapback]
If Northwestern waters down their field hours before kickoff, expect the shortside option almost exclusively.

.... and if Purdue trims their grass the day before, expect the same.

QUOTE(LMc44 @ Jan 3 2009, 04:35 AM) [snapback]281653[/snapback]
.... and if Purdue trims their grass the day before, expect the same.

In summation, expect the illogical. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Either way it will drive you freakin' nuts.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jan 2 2009, 08:00 PM) [snapback]281487[/snapback]
Other than leading the Frogs to 4 of the top 5 point totals in TCU history, the only 1000 yard receiver in TCU history, 4 top 30 national offense totals and a wonderfully balanced offense which allows your defense to rest, he hasn't done anything good.

There are those on this board who refuse to look at the facts of how great a job he's done. I am not one of those. You will be pleased with the results.

#79 in passing offense this season.

TCU offense has sucked over the years so records mean nothing especially compared to the times. #frickin 79 ain't anything to get excited about losing.

To MS, don't let the door hit you in the arse!!!!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(goldenfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 09:30 PM) [snapback]281579[/snapback]
Will his leaving impact recruiting?

In a good way...

Literally we lost several recruits last year because how bad our offense sucked and look at the WR recruiting this year to get an example of the MS effect.

Good frickin riddance!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(ross @ Jan 2 2009, 07:42 PM) [snapback]281474[/snapback]
I hope you are wrong and he does not leave. But he is hated by many on this board because they don't like his play called but most of them are not very football savy and do not understand the difference in poorly called plays and poorly executed plays. he runs a balance attackand likes to run the option and the zone read. He would run a more wide open offense if allowed to by the HC. A very creative mind who some times gets too tricky for his own good. a great recruiter and a super nice person

Sorry, but anyway you look at it when down 1 and inside the opponents 30 with less than 2 minutes on the board, a toss to the endzone on 2nd and 3 is a bad call anyway you look at it. Make all the excuses you want, MS blew it on multiple occasions and cost TCU big money!

Besides, he couldn't recruit worth a damn!

Developed a great offense, too bad his play calling skills sucked big time. If you want to further defend hos play calling, I got a hundred more asinine calls to follow-up with to prove you wrong. MS single-handedly cost TCU a bundle!

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]281693[/snapback]
#79 in passing offense this season.

TCU offense has sucked over the years so records mean nothing especially compared to the times. #frickin 79 ain't anything to get excited about losing.

To MS, don't let the door hit you in the arse!!!!

not fair to just drop that #79 statistic without mentioning #12 rushing, #25 totoal offense. Personally, I have no desire to move to the same throw on every down offense that every other Div 1 team runs. And, I like our recruiting.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:07 PM) [snapback]281708[/snapback]
Besides, he couldn't recruit worth a damn!
He didn't recruit.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:09 PM) [snapback]281712[/snapback]
not fair to just drop that #79 statistic without mentioning #12 rushing, #25 totoal offense. Personally, I have no desire to move to the same throw on every down offense that every other Div 1 team runs. And, I like our recruiting.

Why, offenses today are about tossing it around. Being #12 rushing is a gimmee. Being Less than top 15 in total offense means you are a loser and what is the highest MS has ranked over the years? If MS could even rank Top 20 every now and then we would have been in a BCS bowl by now, Top 10 and who knows how high we would climb.

Bottom line is the offense has been to hold-back to our goals. MS has been in charge of the offense, so good frickin' riddance.

MS cost us multiple games!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:12 PM) [snapback]281720[/snapback]
He didn't recruit.

Exactly, felt he was too good. How many OC's don't recruit? One!

Malzahn is a tremendous recruiter and he was OC at Ark, Tul and now Aub. Give me an OC that can recruit and TCU is Top 5 or better. CGP recruited more than MS.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:14 PM) [snapback]281726[/snapback]

Huh?

GO WHITE SOX!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:15 PM) [snapback]281727[/snapback]
Huh?

GO WHITE SOX!

Explained it further so you could comprehend. Sorry a recruiting OC is so difficult for you to understand.

Go TCU!

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:14 PM) [snapback]281726[/snapback]

Malzahn is a tremendous recruiter and he was OC at Ark, Tul and now Aub. Give me an OC that can recruit and TCU is Top 5 or better. CGP recruited more than MS.

TCU is right at Top 5 this year!

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:13 PM) [snapback]281723[/snapback]
Why, offenses today are about tossing it around. Being #12 rushing is a gimmee. Being Less than top 15 in total offense means you are a loser and what is the highest MS has ranked over the years? If MS could even rank Top 20 every now and then we would have been in a BCS bowl by now, Top 10 and who knows how high we would climb.

Bottom line is the offense has been to hold-back to our goals. MS has been in charge of the offense, so good frickin' riddance.

MS cost us multiple games!

Being #12 rushing is a gimmee.???? Why would we want to move to an offense every defense prepares for all spring and all season long? At least what we do provides some preparation challenges.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:19 PM) [snapback]281735[/snapback]
TCU is right at Top 5 this year!

What were the weakest areas for TCU this year? Tell me which areas consistently are the weakest?

TCU's goals are not just a BCS game but a NC game. We ain't getting there with a MS led offense!

Bottom line is MS is gone, time to move on and things can only get better!

sous vide

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 3 2009, 01:52 AM) [snapback]281740[/snapback]
What were the weakest areas for TCU this year? Tell me which areas consistently are the weakest?

TCU's goals are not just a BCS game but a NC game. We ain't getting there with a MS led offense!

Bottom line is MS is gone, time to move on and things can only get better!

Actually, the most common observation when you are at or near the top and change things up is usually a decline. At least in the near term.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:22 PM) [snapback]281739[/snapback]
Being #12 rushing is a gimmee.???? Why would we want to move to an offense every defense prepares for all spring and all season long? At least what we do provides some preparation challenges.

I am happy you love mediocricy in performance. Of the teams competing for a NC this year how many have been excited about a Top 12 rushing offense and Top 79 passing offense? Either one would be under-performing, yet you are excited!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 11:25 PM) [snapback]281746[/snapback]
Actually, the most common observation when you are at or near the top and change things up is usually a decline. At least in the near term.

Show me the numbers cause think you are completely off? However, hard to believe we could drop from a #79 in passing offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.