• The KillerFrogs

So about the Nike cleats we used for the game..

Paul

It is just as easy for you to search as it is for me to search for you. You want me to do your job for you too? Make your frog club donation? Pick up your kids from school?
Here's an idea...if you think a post is a repeat, then don't click on it. Some of us don't live on an Internet forum, and we certainly don't need to search a topic before we make a post, just to appease one jackass.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Now I'm going to do my best to be as nice as possible here because I know this forum makes you feel multiple times more important than you actually are in real life and I'd hate to stir the pot up too much on my own teams forum with fellow fans, but although I'm capable of searching, you seem to not be capable of taking out whatever is stuck firmly up your [Craig James], maybe that's why you're such a dick to anyone who doesn't lick the players jock straps after they're done using them in order to post the inside scoop on KF.c. Just an observation. Now I know you're competent and a smart guy, but I'm going to repeat what I said anyway just to make sure you didn't miss anything. I said I wasn't sure if this had been mentioned yet and that I had been in LA with no internet access previously at the JW. So I guess my question here is, why you felt it to be necessary to reply to my post referring to information (5 full threads of it apparently) that you planned on simply not linking a fellow frog to when they apologized for posting an invalid thread and asked for the link to the information you referenced and instead reinforced the notion that you're an [Craig James]-hat that intends to help some of the time but try to talk down to fellow frog fans who are asking honest questions other times? But for someone who I've seen do this multiple times to others and averages around 10 posts a day, maybe the lack of fresh oxygen is getting to you.

clapping.gif

WhaleBurger

It is just as easy for you to search as it is for me to search for you. You want me to do your job for you too? Make your frog club donation? Pick up your kids from school?
I got some dry cleaning you could pick up. Then you can tell me about all my uniform options.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass

The thing is GDU, it takes all of about 10-15 seconds to click on a post and read it to see what the thread is about. Big deal if there are repeat threads, it's not like by clicking on it you wasted half your day or anything.

gdu

The thing is GDU, it takes all of about 10-15 seconds to click on a post and read it to see what the thread is about. Big deal if there are repeat threads, it's not like by clicking on it you wasted half your day or anything.
I can't win around here. I told him there were other threads on this SOLELY so that we didn't have to have the same discussion again (which upset people in one of the other multiple cleats threads).

So I get yelled at for having the exact same discussion again or for pointing out that we have already had it multiple times and telling him he should look for one of those.

Which do you guys want?

gdu

And me pointing that out has NOTHING to do with wasting my time. There aren't many better ways for me to spend my time than discussing TCU football.

It is about keeping discussions on a topic all in one place for efficiency and stopping a problem that grows exponentially.

If there is only 1 thread on every hot topic, they will all stay on the first page. If people post stuff willy nilly, good topics with robust dicussions get pushed to page 2 where no one apparently checks and then another thread on the same topic gets started. And then that repeats 4 or 5 times and all you have is junk on page 1 and good information pushed down. Then when people come check the board, the first page is full of nothing.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
not being a gestapo at all. just letting him know we have had this conversation about 5 times. I don't mind talking about it some more but I think everyone was glad the last thread died.

What a dick. If other people want to talk about it they will. You are the only glad the other thread died because you were wrong and you weren't able to keep slurping Nike goo.

gdu

What a dick. If other people want to talk about it they will. You are the only glad the other thread died because you were wrong and you weren't able to keep slurping Nike goo.
The last thing I am trying to do is keep people from talking about it.

I wouldn't mind at all if they other thread kept going. I am not wrong. I saw a Wisconsin player slip. How does that fit into your analysis?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Not sure if this was brought up already, but my gf was watching the game at home and texted me during the game and said the ESPN was reporting that our new cleats were causing the players to slip, bad enough that multiple players were seen slipping in sync on one play, and we didn't bring extra cleats to change in to. Any truth to this?

Yes, there is truth to it and it has been discussed in some other threads. The shoes were a major fail on the soft RB turf, and TCU did not bring back up cleats, according to Erin Andrews during a sideline report talking abou the slipping of TCU players.

Can't believe a team would have left itself open to not being able to have the right shoes or cleats for those conditions. Shoes are not something to experiment with. They are, I think, the most important piece of equipment a player wears. Any other piece of equipment you can adjust to if new, but the shoes have to be right.

I'm tired of Nike and their BS uniforms and their failed cleats.

gdu

Yes, there is truth to it and it has been discussed in some other threads. The shoes were a major fail on the soft RB turf, and TCU did not bring back up cleats, according to Erin Andrews during a sideline report talking abou the slipping of TCU players.

Can't believe a team would have left itself open to not being able to have the right shoes or cleats for those conditions. Shoes are not something to experiment with. They are, I think, the most important piece of equipment a player wears. Any other piece of equipment you can adjust to if new, but the shoes have to be right.

I'm tired of Nike and their BS uniforms and their failed cleats.
Our skill players wore the same cleats for the Clemson, SMU and AFA games last year as the perfect weather games. How does that fit into your analysis?

michael1999

So what's the reason behind not changing at halftime? The Talon looks to be 100% molded, not detachable. Why didn't we put on the Vapors, or hell, Land Sharks for that matter?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Our skill players wore the same cleats for the Clemson, SMU and AFA games last year as the perfect weather games. How does that fit into your analysis?

What are you talking about? We are talking about the RB game, the field conditions and the bad PR Nike received by ESPN for its shoes and that TCU did not have backups.

Quit being a little fairy.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The dimensions of this Epic Fail by Nike are just stunning. I mean, you publically wheel out a 'New Shoe with new, improved Super Cleat Technology!' only to see the team you have shod in them look like a bunch of comedy performers sliding around in the mud. On the highest rated Bowl game so far. With literally millions of potential customers watching.

That is Epic Fail.

I mean, did'ja think about maybe sending a few guys out to check and see how the cleats/shoes were working? How the traction held up in the typically wet conditions of the Rose Bowl? Maybe even going so far as to have back-up cleats/shoes available if necessary? After all, it is your product and reputation on the line. I will fault our equipment personnel to the degree that they should have made sure there were replacement cleats, but in the end, this was a Nike show. Perhaps there were contractural arrangements that only allowed Nike product out there, or that only allowed Nike to make replacements. I don't know as yet. But the onus was on Nike to look good by seeing to it that we looked good running circles around Wisconsin shod in Nike cleats. Instead, we were slipping and falling shod in Nike cleats.

Epic Fail, Nike.