SMU point spread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Bob Sugar, Sep 10, 2017.

1. As others said, it was a 5 point game with 6 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. Mild scare?

2. My call is TCU 41-SMU 24 (we don't beat the spread)

They have an offense, ours is still on training wheels. (IMO)

Would it be better NOT to be good so the Cowpokes are complacent for the next Sat's game? Stupid question.

3. Doubt it. Would TCU be complacent if Oklahoma State squeaked by Pitt this Saturday? Just about every game will be bigger than the next but OSU is already being game-planned for. And the mullet man, well he is as good of a coach as any in the country as is GMFP.

LisaLT and Ron Swanson like this.
  4. Well, he's a man. I'll give him that.

RollToad and FROG PARENTS 1961 like this.
  5. everything counts in life.

7. Hmmm. And in 1985 they were placed on 3 years' probation, and in 1987 given the death penalty. Maybe not what they should be channeling.

8. "Pony up"
    [​IMG]

PurplFrawg and RollToad like this.
  9. This is SMU's best team in a while, and could maybe beat 2016 TCU. But 2017 TCU has also improved, and possesses much better athletes aside from Sutton. I expect both sides of our trenches to wear down SMU. We may give up a couple big plays/deep balls, but I see us being firmly in control by the 4th quarter. What we really need is to see Hill and the receivers connect this game. Offense needs momentum going into OK state, where we will need a lot of points.

I see SMU having a good season, but give me 48-20 Frogs...though I could also see less for SMU if our defense is as legit as we hope.

tcumaniac likes this.
  10. I sure hope we don't take them lightly because they might be dangerous, but SMU has played North Texas and a team that got beat by Southern Utah by about 50 points. UNT gained about 500 yards against them. I think the jury is still out on whether this is their best team in awhile. On paper they are pretty weak on both O and D lines.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  11. SMU should be an interesting test for this team coming off the Arkansas game.

Very different offense to get ready for.

SMU returns something like 9 starters on offense including 4 on the line, their young QB from last season and their top two WR's Sutton and Proche.

Wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the season, SMU ends up looking like a better opponent than Arkansas, in retrospect.

With that said, I think TCU should be able to win at the line of scrimmage, and I'd really like to see more carries for Olonilua in this game.

LisaLT likes this.
  12. lol

13. 2016 TCU team won by 30. So this SMU team is 30+ points better than last year's team?

14. [​IMG]

Jet Set Frog and LisaLT like this.
  15. Wasn't that 2012 game played in pouring rain also? That was Casey P's final game that year before the DUI, correct?

16. I got an awesome sharp photo of that game...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

H-Town Frog, LisaLT and NNM like this.
  17. This is a MUST WIN GAME. I'm thinking we should win by 3 TD's. I also predict we will see Song kick a FG in this game.

Let's hope Hill plays a clean game. Run the ball as much as possible. We have some excellent RB's that need some action - 100+ yards for each!!!! Defense causes a couple turnovers as well.

18. I took SMU +20 which means tcu will easily cover.

19. As much as I don't want to see any FG being kicked, I guess we need to figure out what we got on a consistent basis whether that's good or bad. Rather figure it out this weekend than next.