• The KillerFrogs

Sincerest Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 2 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]539699[/snapback]
and you are a drunk... what have you been sipping on tonight?

popcorn1.gif

No, not drunk tonight. In China though and tyying to stay awake to listen to baseball game though. Sorry to lump you in with the group but it is what it is. Choose sides and live with it. You have your worthless, never served their country, no it all, uneducated, inexperienced, liberal, jerks who set rules for everyone else to live by and I just won't adhere to it. Sorry!

Go Frogs!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 2 2010, 11:26 AM) [snapback]539732[/snapback]
No, not drunk tonight. In China though and tyying to stay awake to listen to baseball game though. Sorry to lump you in with the group but it is what it is. Choose sides and live with it. You have your worthless, never served their country, no it all, uneducated, inexperienced, liberal, jerks who set rules for everyone else to live by and I just won't adhere to it. Sorry!

Go Frogs!

1232550426_worffacepalm.gif

That is fine. You can lump me in to whatever group you like. Don't know why you called me out earlier as I don't think we have ever been into an argument. I don't care what kind of rules you choose or choose not to adhere to. Take that up with management brah.

713frog

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 2 2010, 10:10 AM) [snapback]539718[/snapback]
Not sure why everyone bashing Japanese get a pass here.

+1. i'm guessing wes missed that entire thread?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 2 2010, 11:34 AM) [snapback]539735[/snapback]

That is fine. You can lump me in to whatever group you like. Don't know why you called me out earlier as I don't think we have ever been into an argument. I don't care what kind of rules you choose or choose not to adhere to. Take that up with management brah.

Pretty brave of him to be half way around the world calling people [ Craig James]s. Must be that military bravado, which leads him to not answer PMs. What a man.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 2 2010, 11:34 AM) [snapback]539735[/snapback]

Never had a beef with you before? Thought you were on of the ones who called me racist for defending Bob? I'm not racist but just think Bob happened to be right about "nation state" of Japan. Unfortunately is use of 'jap" caused a violent reaction of unbelievable proportion from the uneducated masses. Fins are from Finland. Scots are from Scotland, Brits are from England and Japs are from Japan. Pretty stupid to react that way to a word, IMO.

Guess I shouldn't expect any less from a group that accepts that the word "gay" which used to mean happy and/or care free now means some guy sticking his penis into some other guys rectum.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 2 2010, 11:53 AM) [snapback]539749[/snapback]
Never had a beef with you before? Thought you were on of the ones who called me racist for defending Bob? I'm not racist but just think Bob happened to be right about "nation state" of Japan. Unfortunately is use of 'jap" caused a violent reaction of unbelievable proportion from the uneducated masses. Fins are from Finland. Scots are from Scotland, Brits are from England and Japs are from Japan. Pretty stupid to react that way to a word, IMO.

Guess I shouldn't expect any less from a group that accepts that the word "gay" which used to mean happy and/or care free now means some guy sticking his penis into some other guys rectum.

I am pretty sure the fuss wasn't over the word Jap. Had more to do with hoping they all died and bunch of other ridiculous comments.

713frog

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 2 2010, 10:53 AM) [snapback]539749[/snapback]

you're totally wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

i know it's wikipedia, but you'd be surprised how many people would disagree with you. if you don't believe me, go to california and start throwing that word around...

TheSheik

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 2 2010, 11:53 AM) [snapback]539749[/snapback]

Thats fine, you dont think its offensive, plenty of others do. Throw that word around all you want, just be prepared for a backlash in some corners. Sheesh, its really not all that complicated.

If you are trying to convince others of your way of thinking, you sure have a funny way of going about it, calling them peckerheads, telling them to suck your blank, telling them you will kick their teeth in. I totally see where you are coming from!

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 2 2010, 11:58 AM) [snapback]539753[/snapback]
I am pretty sure the fuss wasn't over the word Jap. Had more to do with hoping they all died and bunch of other ridiculous comments.

Pretty sure I never said anything about hoping they all died? Did provide some references to reading material about Japanese war crimes, etc. I've been to Changi prison, Corregidor, Bataan, Hiroshima, Pearl Harbor, etc. I understand the pain and suffering on both sides. Doesn't mean I can't see through shallow accusations of racism by uneducated idiots though or that I should allow those uneducated idiots to somehow suppress my right to express my opinion.

Amazing that America is allowing this to happen.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 2 2010, 11:59 AM) [snapback]539755[/snapback]
you're totally wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

i know it's wikipedia, but you'd be surprised how many people would disagree with you. if you don't believe me, go to california and start throwing that word around...

Is California still in America?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Gentlemen, steelfrog has apologized and that should do it. Rubbing his nose in it and continuing the bickering is no good for anyone.

Please rise up above the nonsense and be classy

Thank you steelfrog

VictoryLap

I would like to point out that if religion is off limits, then sexual orientation bashing (most often homosexuality) should be off limits too.

I believe that a person's sexual orientation is inherent- nature not choice- many will disagree with me on that and that is fine.

However, even if you think sexual orientation is a choice and not genetic- this puts it in the same category as religion-as people choose their religion. Just my two cents.

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 2 2010, 01:14 PM) [snapback]539760[/snapback]
Pretty sure I never said anything about hoping they all died? Did provide some references to reading material about Japanese war crimes, etc. I've been to Changi prison, Corregidor, Bataan, Hiroshima, Pearl Harbor, etc. I understand the pain and suffering on both sides. Doesn't mean I can't see through shallow accusations of racism by uneducated idiots though or that I should allow those uneducated idiots to somehow suppress my right to express my opinion.

Amazing that America is allowing this to happen.

It's also amazing that America allowed American citizens of Japanese descent to be locked up in internment camps while asking their loved ones, also of Japanese descent, to fight and die in the War. Were I of Japanese descent, I'd probably be a bit sensitive to language invoking a time in which my family's rights as citizens in this country were stripped while equivalent second and third generation Americans of German and Italian descent had their rights defended. If you think about it, that might explain why Japanese-Americans are offended by it and not Japanese nationals. They were fighting and dying for their country too, but our ancestors didn't get shipped into God-forsaken gulags trapped by barbed-wire and armed guards.

So while you are claiming empathy for "both sides" I'm not sure your rebuttal here indicates that. The people offended by the term aren't the ones who raped Nanking or perpetrated the Bataan Death March. They are people who died fighting the Nazis ...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Apr 2 2010, 12:32 PM) [snapback]539768[/snapback]
It's also amazing that America allowed American citizens of Japanese descent to be locked up in internment camps while asking their loved ones, also of Japanese descent, to fight and die in the War. Were I of Japanese descent, I'd probably be a bit sensitive to language invoking a time in which my family's rights as citizens in this country were stripped while equivalent second and third generation Americans of German and Italian descent had their rights defended. If you think about it, that might explain why Japanese-Americans are offended by it and not Japanese nationals. They were fighting and dying for their country too, but our ancestors didn't get shipped into God-forsaken gulags trapped by barbed-wire and armed guards.

So while you are claiming empathy for "both sides" I'm not sure your rebuttal here indicates that. The people offended by the term aren't the ones who raped Nanking or perpetrated the Bataan Death March. They are people who died fighting the Nazis ...

You're such an uneducated, inexperienced liberal idiot.....

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 2 2010, 01:37 PM) [snapback]539771[/snapback]
You're such an uneducated, inexperienced liberal idiot.....

And a snot-nosed punk, to boot ...

PurplePutt

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 2 2010, 11:46 AM) [snapback]539744[/snapback]
Pretty brave of him to be half way around the world calling people [ Craig James]s. Must be that military bravado, which leads him to not answer PMs. What a man.

I'll answer your PM right here I will not be at the game tomorrow night because I am in China but I am going to try and be at the game on Tuesday night vs OU. I get in at about 6 AM on Tuesday after flying all night but will take a nap and be well rested by game time. I will try and be at the edge of the hedges between the track and the grass parking area as close to the stadium as I can get. It shouldn't be hard to find me.

Since you have pretty much called me a coward for calling you out and being half way around the world--you leave me no choice but to answer your call. Unless something happens that keeps me from being there like aircraft maintenance or weather, I will be there.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I am closing this thread. If you won't stop the name calling and insults, I'll stop them for you. At least in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.